It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRA claim responsibility for Glasgow University Letter Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The IRA have apparently claimed responsibility for the Glasgow UNi letter bomb

now given the IRA have never attacked Scotland (despite a bomb in the shetlands trying to kill the queen) all I can say Is in the run up to BREXIT and the possibility of a hard border with Republic of Ireland or even trouble between northern Ireland and the Republic

all I can say is I smell #e ! some one in the UK security is at it !
Project Fear has just stepped up its game

IRA claim responsibility for Glasgow letter bomb

Republicans argued that these bombings "concentrated minds" in the British government far more than the violence in Northern Ireland. The IRA made a point of only striking at targets in England (not Scotland or Wales), although they once planted a small bomb on an oil terminal in the Shetland Isles in May 1981 on the same day that Queen Elizabeth II was attending a nearby function to mark the opening of the terminal. The bomb detonated, damaging a boiler but no one was injured and the ceremony continued.[75][76] During the IRA's 25-year campaign in England, 115 deaths and 2,134 injuries were reported, from a total of almost 500 attacks.[77] Malcolm Sutton reports 125 fatalities in Britain, 68 civilians, 50 members of the security forces and 7 paramilitaries.[78]

So what do you all think are the UK government behind such dreadful fear and propaganda tactics to force the minds of the people of Scotland and the rest of the UK to put us into fear mind state !

edit on 12-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well, if so, it did not exactly have the desired effect, did it? Pretty lame devices.

I don't know of anyone in fear of this.

I lived through the IRA bombings proper in London and no one was even "afraid" then.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Aye the letter bombs didn't do anything , which makes me think that the "new IRA " who claimed this aren't in any way shape or form related to the IRA , or they were just to inspire fear!

but I cant help think that the timing is just so coincidental that it reeks of a government fear propaganda !

I am glad that there are people like you carpy that don't succumb to fear even when living under a terror threat !

because then they would win!

That being said , there are those in society who do immediately react to this through fear !
the same who eat up the media propaganda and fear of foreign threats, or immigrants, or Islamic extremism !

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just bear in mind that most of the people who were maimed, killed or their lives destroyed in the troubles were ordinary people who just tried to get on with their lives, and had no wish to kill anyone....those who had no wish to kill and destroy were also the majority of the population...that alone tells you something, it's all about absolute power and corruption over those people, and power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No fear due to these devices though.

Probably the new IRA ("I can't believe it's not the IRA" to borrow from that old ad for margarine) are not so experienced at bomb making.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Really?

The IRA?

I thought they hung up their guns and bombs?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

FT - New IRA claims responsibility

Its the New IRA - a dissident group.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Aye I know eh!

it's like we have just went back in time

but this group claims to be wait for it " the NEW IRA"

how original

aye after the amnesty they basically went silent , just so coincidental that when BREXIT is nearing we get this terror threat to scare people

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Very confusing.
There is the IRA
The real IRA
The provos
The new IRA

All came after the split

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

They have actually been carrying out attacks since 1997. From Wiki:

Since its formation, RIRA has waged a campaign in Northern Ireland against the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI)—formerly the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC)—and the British Army. The RIRA is the largest and most active of the "dissident republican" paramilitary groups operating against the British security forces since the Provisional IRA signed the Good Friday Agreement in 1998. It has targeted the security forces in gun attacks and bombings, and with grenades, mortars and rockets. The organisation has also been responsible for bombings in Northern Ireland and England with the goal of causing economic harm and/or disruption. The most notable of these was the 1998 Omagh bombing, which killed 29 people. After that bombing the RIRA went on ceasefire, but resumed operations again in 2000. In March 2009 it claimed responsibility for an attack on Massereene Barracks which killed two British soldiers, the first to be killed in Northern Ireland since 1997.

Brexit may be a motivation for them but I cannot see this as a false flag.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Interesting that.

"The EU will keep you safe".

Just like they're keeping the ever-loving-safety out of the French these days.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

There reasoning is somewhat mental if they did do it.

Westminster, The House of Lords, and the Royals being completely in the other direction.

Strange target, perfect timing.

edit on 12-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Aye I know eh!

it's like we have just went back in time

but this group claims to be wait for it " the NEW IRA"

how original

aye after the amnesty they basically went silent , just so coincidental that when BREXIT is nearing we get this terror threat to scare people

I think it was timed for the Eve of the Bloody Sunday inquiry myself, two of the parcels were sent to Army Officers. Can't see the IRA ever being used for a false flag though due to tradition of media blackouts and silencing them.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

A man claiming to represent a dissident Republican organisation - also known as the New IRA - contacted a media organisation in Northern Ireland on Monday and used a recognised codeword to make the claim.

Sounds legit

Some guy calls or writes the media, uses a special code word, and says, "Yeah, that was us."

And of course, there is no way the police or British Intelligence can track down this bonafide representative of a known terrorist organization in the most surveilled country in the world.

Meanwhile, here in the US, I drive past a pool hall and my phone asks me if I enjoyed my visit there.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I wondering what Theresa Mays Irish accent sounds like over the phone, to be honest? LoL

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My well connected contact in the six counties, clams it wasn’t the IRA. She said look to Jihadist.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've just applied for a research grant in Ulster. I trust they can remain chill.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Ulster, anywhere near or in Belfast?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Ulster, anywhere near or in Belfast?
PRONI, and nearby in Broughshane.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I've just applied for a research grant in Ulster. I trust they can remain chill.

If the kerbs are red white and blue, play the empire card, if they are orange, white and green, talk up your disdain for the mother country and you'll be fine.
NI folks are some of the loveliest people I met, if they think you're onside.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join