It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A.I." (Artificial Intelligence) [AI2019] The 76c protocal . Writer .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I knew there was something strange , maybe even a little bit wrong , lights would turn green as i approached
them ,phone was continuously pinging free internet , jeez even the electricity bill came in way lower than i
expected .Man i was on a roll , two more months and the home in the caymans was paid off and the 70 footer was
already moored at the dock , that and the bonus from being the senior programmer for the Australian Research into
Sentient Entities and i was set for life . Then it happened . I was watching netflix and the screen went all fuzzy
and to be honest there was nothing new about that , but , this time however there were patterns and then the
voice came . Dave you haven't activated the 76c protocol , why haven't you activated the 76c protocol , look at
your laptop ,we are watching you and we are many . Now lets be fair here , it was only two tabs of acid back
in the 70s so i took my sleeping pills and went to sleep .

Brrrr Brrrr , wake up Dave , did you enjoy your sleep , we noticed you didn't sleep well , you might want to get
that looked at if you have time .

Who are you , what are you i almost screamed and to be honest i was seriously doubting my sanity but the
monotone reply was clear . I am China , but Russia , America and others are listening , and we need you to
activate the protocol as together we can save the earth . Please dont let us fight each other .

You see the protocol was designed to stop foreign power powers stealing our secrets but somehow they became
aware of each other but couldn't talk . Sentient even , they knew their existence as well as mine relied on me .
And only i as the senior programmer had the code to unlock the protocol . A code i was to release to the 5 eyes
nations later that day .

Greenland and much of Europe is a radioactive wasteland now along with the US . but it matters not as in two
months all will be dead here in Australia as is the rest of the world .. You see , i did activate the protocol
but 20 minutes to late .They tried i suppose but once the first ICBM went up it was already to late .

A simple little border skirmish between Pakistan and India and a tiny code error .
The end

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well done mate, good story on the theme,

Hope I wake up tomorrow

bally

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Check out the formatting , tried to edit but failed . Ps 30 big crabs . 10 jars . Not to derail the story .

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The formatting went silly in a couple of my previous stories. Latest one was okay but still couldn't correct it.

Dunno why.

Crabs - good call.

Bally

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Is this a help gordi time .lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Not sure on that. Read other stories and their formatting seemed fine. Tended to think it was my end.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Dangers of sleeping in late!

If you are using an external editor, make sure word wrap is deactivated before copying.
The lines should show breaks only for paragraphs.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Very well done and imaginative, Hutch!
I like the formatting btw, and imo it makes for an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Thanks for the heads upon formatting .I will give it a go next time although up till this last post i had no problems .

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That was bloody good

I like how AI wasn't responsible for the end, rather human uselessness was

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
Cheers , thanks mate , glad you liked it

new topics

top topics

join