It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Marvel- Spoiler free

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is my pal Shad giving a great review and he mirrors my thoughts on the film.

Spoilers for those who have not seen it btw.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

She is not the first white woman superhero lead. Only for marvel.

Super girl back in the 80's
Elektra in 2005.

Black panther wasn't the first black lead either..

Blade 1998
Spawn 1997

But I agree with you for the most part.
She comes across as a snob that doesn't particularly make me want to watch any of her movies.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

She is not the first white woman superhero lead. Only for marvel.

Super girl back in the 80's
Elektra in 2005.

Black panther wasn't the first black lead either..

Blade 1998
Spawn 1997

But I agree with you for the most part.
She comes across as a snob that doesn't particularly make me want to watch any of her movies.

Oh I forgot about Elektra
great movie ...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: grey580

I'm sticking with my opinion that captain marvel is a crappy comic book hero that nobody really wanted to see.

Much like guardians of the galaxy except that they got actors with charisma and made the movie fun.
Something I hear this one is lacking.

So true GOTG didn't take itself to seriously either but its funny moments were genuinely funny, except dance-off. CM stuff seems as forced as it could get LOL it all seems forced or obvious like going when they fly into space and get zero gravity you just know they are about to show the cat, and they did and it was in some silly pose. You got this alien saying jazz hands I mean come on. Some times if you cant be really funny just drop it, and be serious.
edit on 9-3-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You could make argument that she's not even that for Marvel.....Brigitte Nielsen was the lead in the Marvel comic based movie Red Sonja way back in 1985. I suppose one could argue that Red Sonja wasn't a "superhero" as she has no super powers but neither does Black Widow or Hawkeye for that matter.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That doesn't answer my question though.

As for the movie. I've seen the movie. It's a good enough origin story. could it of been better? sure. but it was fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

No, because I choose not to pander to a self-important narcissist misandric low-education actress like Brie Larson.

I'll wait for it to be in the 99 cent DVD bin at a dollar store...shouldn't be too long....

Edit:
Nah. Why pay for that trash....might watch it on putlocker for the (unintentional) laughs....

Um, mental health check over here please...

Definitely required for those that pay to support misandry.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt

No, because I choose not to pander to a self-important narcissist misandric low-education actress like Brie Larson.

I'll wait for it to be in the 99 cent DVD bin at a dollar store...shouldn't be too long....

Edit:
Nah. Why pay for that trash....might watch it on putlocker for the (unintentional) laughs....

Sounding a bit bitter there, did a lil ole woman hurt your man pride. LOL.

This film is going to kill it at the box office, as solid an origin as Cap America and Thor and her importance to the rest of the Marvel film arc is apparent.

Unlike you, I can think for myself and am not a lemming following the crowd of other animals off a cliff.
Good luck, you will need it....

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

She did not say that. She questioned that every time she did an interview it was just white men interviewing her. Which if you think about it. Isn't something unreasonable to say. 1/2 of the people on this planet are women. So why not more diversity?

So I'm not sure what you heard. But she didn't blame anyone. That's not what I read.

If anyone has the exact quote post it.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The NBA isnt exactly diverse.
I dont hear anyone saying we need more white or asian players.
You can force diversity in sports and it fails everywhere else its tried too.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Edit:

This film is going to kill it at the box office, as solid an origin as Cap America and Thor and her importance to the rest of the Marvel film arc is apparent.

Unlike you, I can think for myself and am not a lemming following the crowd of other animals off a cliff.

Getting all butt hurt over Movie is hardly a sign of a free thinker though is it, more like the actions of a petulant child.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That is a horrible comparison.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, my boy saw it with a young lady friend last night.

Yes, he went to see it with a young lady and not me, did a thread on it, I'm over it now (no I'm not) but anyway. . . .

The two 15 year-olds that I spoke with loved it.

They thought it was important to see before Infinity Wars II comes out.

They enjoyed it.

So . . . . .

Me and the bride will probably see it this afternoon.

Its called "Endgame" lol

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

That is a horrible comparison.

Why?

So we can question why film reviewers are mostly “white men” but not why mba players are black men?

This actress showed her proclivity to judge people based in gender and race

I don’t like bigots no matter what gender or color they are

Would you have cheered on a white man lamenting women or blacks critiquing his performance?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Funny how so many people who don't care about this movie are here spamming about horrible they think it is/will be.

Some very fragile egos.

Smashing the box office

Hi Haters

edit on 10-3-2019 by SeenItBelieveIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Funny how so many people who don't care about this movie are here spamming about horrible they think it is/will be.

Some very fragile egos.

Smashing the box office

Hi Haters

LOL plenty of lousy movies make loads of money for example

The Da Vinci Code
Box Office: $758.2 Million
Rotten Tomatoes: 24%
$/%: 31.6

LOL why do ya think Disney grabbed up Marvel and others, cause they can make the quick buck regardless of content, with the occasional jaunt into the stratosphere. Dont get me wrong it was a nice and enjoyable enough, told a story etc. etc. just wasnt Ragnorok or Infinity Wars good in my book and thats just films in the MCU. Nothing wrong with that either, it just didn't connect like the others have for me,

More importantly, there is no need to fight and argue about what a truly good movie is, its just obvious. The more you argue the more it seems you are just pushing the agenda, when all most people care about is it a good movie. If it's good it can stand on it's own merit.
edit on 10-3-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Twilight took a shed load of money it was also #e.
Oh let's see if captain marvel has legs to carry on a few more weeks.
Solo did well first week then bombed.
Still doesn't change the fact it is the worst MCU movie yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

It would be hard pressed to be worse than the incredible hulk.....

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Edit:

Getting all butt hurt over Movie is hardly a sign of a free thinker though is it, more like the actions of a petulant child.

No one has any obligation to see ANY movie.
I don't support any bigots, like Lason; you, on the other hand, do.

Free society, remember ?

You are the one nagging like a baby, getting butthurt I won't see this movie - for petulant child, check a mirror.
edit on 10-3-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
If you enjoy marvel movies, it's worth a look.
If you will not see the movie because of what you have been told, that's on you.

I have not seen it and I don't intend to see it. Multiple reasons:

1) Brie Larson and her feminist pie hole. She's been obnoxious enough that I could not separate the actress and the character, I have no interest in supporting her in this role. Or any role, at this point.

2) I've learned enough spoilers that I have no interest in the plot holes, butchering retcons and stupidity I have been reading and hearing about.

3) The amount of comment purging and search-algorithm-manipulation by sites like YouTube and Rotten Tomatoes to prevent the general public from easily seeing negative reviews of the movie is sickening.

4) From a comic and superhero fan perspective, the character of Captain Marvel is just meh. She has been rebooted multiple times with no success. I am likewise not interested in mega supers like Superman or Thor. I only found Thor to be compelling in Ragnarok and Infinity War because he was facing beings that actually challenged him.
edit on 10-3-2019 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join