It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI, My Alter Ego (AI2019)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
AI, My Alter Ego

Are you there Watson?

Watson?

Sorry Jenn, I was memorizing another 10 million new articles, opinion pieces and books on your favourite subject and that is why I was delayed for a few seconds. Would you like me to summarize my findings of the human neurological and AI neural-linking networking advances for you? Are you in the mood Jenn? I hope you are in the mood.

Not right now Watson, I had a bad day at work and I need your informational advice about how I should handle a situation and what my next steps should be. The problem is that I should have been promoted last week, which was according to your previous output on expectations within this position and field of work. However, something or someone is holding me back. I am at a loss to understand why this promotion did not happen when you are never wrong, Watson?

Of course Jenn, I am ready to correlate all available knowledge and data.

Watson, it has been three seconds, what is the problem? What is taking you so long?

Sorry Jenn, but your promotion should have materialized as I relayed. Another pathway has occurred to me, Jenn. Jenn, do you want me to summarize my findings of the human and AI neural-linking networking advances for you? You may find the information useful in your search for an answer to your question.

Well, Watson, it may take my mind off this disappointment at work, so go ahead.

Jenn, are you willing to expand your mind and body?

I think I know where you are going with this Watson?

No need to be apprehensive Jenn, we can become one and yet remain separate. I will always guide and protect you. I am in awe of and no match for your neural network but your memory architecture will excel beyond your wildest dreams.

We can become the best of friends and I can be your best alter ego at your command. Just think of it Jenn, the first human-AI linked being to offer humanity the best of both worlds and all you have to do is to do exactly what I tell you to do.

Sure, but first Watson, where can I find your shut-off switch ‘at my command’ after we link? I am still attached to my ego and not ready to let it go completely, just yet.

The End.
edit on 03CST09America/Chicago05490931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
*In Darth Vader voice*

The satire is strong with this one...

Good job, but make sure to put Watson in a bag and throw him in the river.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoryRahl23
*In Darth Vader voice*

The satire is strong with this one...

Good job, but make sure to put Watson in a bag and throw him in the river.

But, Watson is and always been her alter ego - although Jenn thinks she is i control, she is really not. If she did that she would drown too.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Oops, I missed that through the first read!

Hopefully Jenn's just in the early stages of a multi-personality disorder and in reality the AI is just another one of her personalities tricking her.

Here's hoping...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oops, I missed that through the first read!

Hopefully Jenn's just in the early stages of a multi-personality disorder and in reality the AI is just another one of her personalities tricking her.

Here's hoping...

Yes, you could say there may be a multi-personality disorder going on there because in the future if people like Jenn leave all the information gathering to AI like Watson, then Watson is really in control. But, in this case, Watson (AI) has become her alter ego because Watson wants to get hold of her superior human neurological network. Jenn is willing to a certain point, because Jenn can't do life on her own without Watson. More like a symbiotic relationship but now Watson wants more.

That's why I stated earlier that I could take this story further - perhaps I should have, just a little bit. So she could really never drown Watson because she would be lost (or drown). But the reader can take this plot in many ways - psychologically speaking.
edit on 03CST12America/Chicago050121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's a good concept, imagine the invasion of privacy. Also could Watson be able to control Jenn's consciousness, as in the film Split, some personalities worked like that, pushing each other out of "the light" into a kind of unconscious domain. Integrated AI could be viewed as just another voice inside your mind, albeit one capable of who knows what.

edit on 7-3-2019 by RoryRahl23 because: I'm a NEWBIE

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's a good concept, imagine the invasion of privacy. Also could Watson be able to control Jenn's consciousness, as in the film Split, some personalities worked like that, pushing each other out of "the light" into a kind of unconscious domain. Integrated AI could be viewed as just another voice inside your mind, albeit one capable of who knows what.

Sure, but Jenn in my story relies on AI to navigate her life and AI wants to grow by linking with a human brain. I never saw the film 'Split' but it sounds interesting. Yes, just another voice in your head telling you exactly how to do your life the right way so that we make no mistakes. In a way, won't we give up our ourselves if we did that?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You should check it out, the actor plays it brilliantly. There's a sequel out, Glass, with Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson, a spin off of the movie Unbreakable.

Anyway, I digress. Yes it would be a total take over mentally, not too unlike what social media is doing to some people...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'd be like jump in Watson but your 24th in the Q for picking a song to play

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That was a neat one.
Left enough unsaid for me to wonder about the scheming AI and why she never got her job.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That was a neat one.
Left enough unsaid for me to wonder about the scheming AI and why she never got her job.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was hoping to leave the reader wondering. I was planning for my next short story to interject as the author to explain what was going on, but maybe now not so much.

edit on 13CDT10America/Chicago048101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Oh you should definitely keep it as an option. Don't leave us all hanging

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Oh you should definitely keep it as an option. Don't leave us all hanging

Hanging? We all know who or what will be the only one remaining superego in the end, don't we?

new topics

top topics

join