It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilson-Raybould just finished Trudeau

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow, what a testimony.

nationalpost.com...

I think its safe to say Trudeau will not survive. While I was expecting something to come from this, I did not expect the deep, systemic attempted obstruction of justice from the ruling liberals. Approached no less than 11 times, hints, pressure and outright threats.

From the article:

“For a period of approximately four months between September and December of 2018 I experienced a consistent and sustained effort by many people in the government to seek to politically interfere in the exercise of prosecutorial discretion,” Wilson-Raybould said.

And:

“At that point (Trudeau) jumped in, stressing that there is an election in Quebec and that ‘I am an MP in Quebec — the member for Papineau,” Wilson-Raybould said. “I was quite taken aback. My response, and I remember this vividly, was to ask (Trudeau) a direct question while looking him in the eye. I asked: ‘Are you politically interfering with my role, my decision as the AG? I would strongly advise against it.’ The prime minister said ‘No, No, No — we just need to find a solution.’”
Two days later, on Sept. 19, she said Morneau spoke with her in the House of Commons.
“He again stressed the need to save jobs, and I told him that engagements from his office to mine on SNC had to stop, that they were inappropriate,” she said. But the next day, she said, her chief of staff had two phone calls from aides in Morneau’s office, including Chin.

Yikes! Something I found equally disturbing and possibly criminal is:

“(Telford) was like ‘if Jody is nervous, we would of course line up all kinds of people to write op-eds saying that what she is doing is proper,’” Wilson-Raybould said Prince texted her.

Did the Katie Telford, Chief of Staff suggest that they have journalists in their pocket who can whip up a positive op-ed in support of any decision by the Wilson-Raybould in favor of Lavalin? Dear god.
edit on 27-2-2019 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Please, please let this be the end of Trudeau.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
She indeed spilled the beans..good for her. I'm not a huge of hers though, due to bill C46
See ya, Trudeau!

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
For the first time in my life I am considering not voting at all. None of the parties appeal to me.

But definitely f**k Trudeau. Hypocritical prick

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
We should just vote a cat into parliament for 4 years.

The current list of potentials for PM is laughable.
Like a made for TV movie script.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Your naivety is charming.

He won't be forced out.
He won't step down.
There will be no charges brought.

And the Liberals will win the next federal election.

All he really needs is to win Quebec and Ontario and he has the election in the bag. And by protecting a Quebec company against the evil Anglophones he has all but sewn that province up. I predict he will get 60-65 seats from Quebec in the next election.

Don't ever underestimate the stupidity, greed and pettiness of the Eastern Canadian voter.

He WILL win re-election.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Bahahaha!

MY naivety? That's rich, coming from one so naive. Did you even read there article? If so, you clearly do not grasp the implications of what was said.

While he most likely will not face charges, the pressure from the opposition and the public to step down will now be immense. Watch and see, son.

One thing I'd bet good money on, if he DOES somehow survive this, he will never, ever get reelected. The liberals will need to run a new candidate for the next election as Trudeaus lack of ethics will forever be questioned now. The liberals know, or will find out very soon they will never win another election with Trudeau at the helm.

I'll be kind and not say, 'I told you so'.

Ps. Morneau is done for too.
edit on 28-2-2019 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

And if this happens then Canadians will revolt. I don't think those who can't stand him can tolerate much more. People will revolt. Rightfully so. He is the very definition of a narcissist and is killing Alberta - the province that carries Quebec and Ontario.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Lol nothing will change. I wish Trudeau would go away though

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

How does Alberta carry Ontario, the financial centre of the country? Give me a god damned break.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Oh, sorry - you live in Quebec or Ontario. I know, I know - deny the facts. You are related to Trudeau?

In 2018-19, equalization payments will rise to a new high of $19 billion. Sixty-two per cent will go to Quebec, while Alberta taxpayers will contribute about $3 billion. This amount is actually only a portion of approximately $20 billion of net federal transfers out of Alberta this year.Apr 7, 2018
edit on 28-2-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Actually Ontario has received equalization payments for years globalnews.ca...

Technically Ontario’s economic growth was good enough in 2016-17 to push it out of have-not status, when a province’s finances are considered lower than average and qualifies them for equalization. However because of the way the program works, Ontario still received $963 million in 2018-19.

Quebec will receive around 13 billion and has always received payments while Alberta has always paid into Equalization even though its oil industry has been decimated the last few years

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Actually, Canadians are pretty good at ousting leadership. Chretien and Martin both were booted because of scandals and once people were fed up with Harper we dumped him too.

The fact that this is being brought up so close to the federal election means that Trudeau is going to be fighting an uphill battle.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
3/4 of my Face Book posting are very bad for Trudeau
He is getting the boot in Ontario too
be lucky if they retain party status lol

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

I like the Ontario Proud group. They won't let things die

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

I like the Ontario Proud group. They won't let things die

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the last few years I've been voting for a 3rd party... just to see a different corruption. Sick and tired of shady deals and corruptions everywhere. This society as a whole is heading to self-destruction. SAD

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why you mad at ken barbie? I thought he legalized weed.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

In Canada, an attorney general is supposed to act independently with respect of his or her prosecutorial function and decisions are not supposed to be politically motivated.

The USA could sure use that law here.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Why you mad at ken barbie? I thought he legalized weed.

Going to assume that's a troll post and move on.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join