It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of new Gods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This thread will be about the new Gods that are starting to form.(Sorry if this is the wrong forum)

I'm seeing the birth of new Gods.
Lets start off with what that words meaning is.

Definition of God

capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: such as

a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind

In basic terms a God is an entity who is all knowing and powerful.

New Gods

SIRI
Amazon Echo
Google Home
Cortana

These are some of the new sources of knowledge that are taking over daily life.
Some people are starting to wear these Gods and put up shrines in their homes
to these new entities that are always listening and in some cases watching.
Some of them are fully integrated with the home and can control the lighting
and AC system and also tell you when to buy milk and eggs.

What will the world look like in 20 years if this trend keeps picking up speed?

What are your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Are you seriously equating a piece of plastic with a divine being?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yes I am

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ha, if anyone here owns one of those Siri/Google/Amazon devices they should ask it "Do you know of God?" and see if it tells you that you are talking to it, the one and only....
I would hope that the AI programmers for these things have kept references to God out of their Lexicon and or at least block it from learning of it and wanting to become "All Supreme" because then you will have The Rise of The Machines (yes, not Gods, but more God wannabe's)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Thats what worries me.
These new technologies will soon start driving and flying us around.
How long after that will they start choosing who lives and who dies?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

nothing technology has at the present time meets the mark of being perfect in power, wisdom or goodness, and well, we created that technology. to be honest, we are more likely to become gods ourselves by creating AI and new creatures through gene manipulation... including manipulated hominoids.
note the little g... not perfect in power, wisdom and goodness but still the creators and rulers of our creation's universe.
edit on 27-2-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Who says the deaths would have to be decided.... If I was programming an AI entity and I wanted it to destroy humans, it would most likely be designed to ensure that it can't be turned off, has a method of obtaining and storing power and then that it "learns" to strike out at seemingly random times. Much like an opportunist criminal of today's society.
Our want for the technology will allow for these "tragedies" to occur in the name of advancing technology and then once we are comfortable with the idea of having a few casualties every now and again, then the machines may up their attack vector.
We already have self driving cars that have random accidents due to imperfect technology. What a perfect excuse to assassinate someone. Just walk them down a street next to a self driving car preprogrammed to go berserk and strike them.

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum
a reply to: evc1shop

Thats what worries me.
These new technologies will soon start driving and flying us around.
How long after that will they start choosing who lives and who dies?

edit on 27-2-2019 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes I am

How profound. You must have a deeply theological education.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Isaiah 44:6

“Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.”

it's very simple really. And what would man or his contrivances know about being Divine ? These contrivances are the machinations of man.
edit on 27-2-2019 by Plotus because: I AM that I AM

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I find it odd that you can kill some of those gods by droping them in the toilet then having to spend $400 to buy a new one.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

God has three aspects in the Holy Trinity. God is not simply a person object. God is perfect, complete, and without any needs or desires. The Universe came into existence not of some need or desire God needed to fulfill. The Universe came into existence by an overflowing abundance out of God. The Universe and everything in it are shreds of God's abundance. And the outpouring only has one place to go and that is back to God. Everything and everyone returns back to the unity that is God.

God's perfection is complete and perfect. We are drawn to this perfection. We either experience shreds of God's greatness in our experience of beauty in nature. Or we experience shreds of God's greatness in our experiences of performance.

When you interpret the Holy Trinity, God is the breath that causes energy to move. The word of God is expressed in the laws of physics and nature. God is the greatest possible perfection. God is all that is good and great. We are all drawn to the greatness of God. We exist to be drawn by God to experience shreds of God's greatness until we die and experience our final unity with God when we get to experience God's infinite beauty known as eternal bliss.

The new gods you are referring to are just incomplete and imperfections of the real thing. Nice try though. Google is many things. But it does not replace the immediacy and stunning beauty of being at the beach. Or the beauty found in the curves of a woman in real life. Or the deep profound sense of intimacy and joy that comes from being in relationship with someone you actually like for 25 years or more.

You need to rethink you ideas of what is truly good and divine in the World.

edit on 27-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The state has become god for a s# ton of frighteningly stupid people--the ultimate moral authority with total control over our lives.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
The state has become god for a s# ton of frighteningly stupid people--the ultimate moral authority with total control over our lives.

Corporations ARE the government. We all are slaves to the CEOs. The laws are written by lobbyists who work for the CEOs. We just have to listen to the Bible and be happy:

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

Obedience to God with absolute respect to our masters is the only way.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

edit on 27-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

so nothing to add to the subject?
edit on 2-27-2019 by Vigilantastrum because: Typo

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well to be clear the gods are not the devices themselves.
Those are just a way to communicate with these gods.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The new gods you are referring to are just incomplete and imperfections of the real thing. Nice try though.

I never said that these are the one and only true gods.

what exactly was I trying to do?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Well to be clear the gods are not the devices themselves.
Those are just a way to communicate with these gods.

Computer programmers are Gods? Nerd overlords. nice...

I think you have been reading a bit to much Bill Gibson...
edit on 27-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

I totally agree with you. I've been sitting back and watching with amazement as more and more people buy these things and laugh off the idea that your voices are being recorded sometimes without even asking a question to your new spying machine. I give one caveat and that comes with the elderly or the disabled. My Mother had two, one in the kitchen and one in her bedroom so she can call for her husband (my Dad) if she has a fall or needs help with something other than that I am deathly against these horrible little machines and do think that in the near future you will start to see more and more strange little cults with women and men claiming to be the physical personification of (insert whichever one).

I remember a year or so ago when there was an interview on Click (BBC tech show) and the guy being interviewed about this was asked how far Siri could go and what she could do in the future and the bloke said something like "Oh anything really. I mean right now we could adjust a few things and she could be your security at the door, adjust some other stuff and she could be a police camera operator. We have the technology to do that right now and in the next few years to a decade we could start seeing Amazon Homes with Siri built into the very walls so you wouldn't have to aim your request at the speaker or in the same room you could be in the living room and ask Siri to start the cooker or washing machine and she would do it in the kitchen. We can go anywhere with it" scary scary thought.

The Amazon Home is actually something I believe will become a thing in the future, probably won't be called Amazon home, they'll come up with something else but it'll be sold to the poor with low rent as a saviour for the homeless not realising that they are the test subjects of some dark future where the government is literally in your home 24/7, It'll be 1984 on a grander scale but I wouldn't blame the poor and homeless for taking up the offer by the way, just in case people think I expect homeless people to ignore the offer of a roof over their heads (Had to get that in there lol).
edit on 28-2-2019 by Dwoodward85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
No one can describe the God in general, only in her/his “OWN personal” perceptions, view, experience and understanding.

With the human’s small and limited knowledge, any attempts to” know and understand” the God will make and ultimately render him as meaningless and worthless, forever….!

Stay away from the GOD.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Burn the Witch burn the witch!
you lot have don this before.

you never said any thing about the TV !
and that seemed to be worship't more than any thing.

<<   2 >>

join