It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exactly what is anti-Semitism anyway

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Allow me to apologize in advance for using FOX as a news source, but there are plenty others out there carrying basically the same story.

Ilhan Omar's AIPAC tweet sparks condemnation, including from Chelsea Clinton

Essentially, this Congresswoman is saying that AIPAC is giving financial support to members of Congress to support Israel. This is my shocked face

Now we have people in and out of Congress lining up to say that her remarks are anti-Semitic and she should be punished.

Is what she said untrue? Did she say anything bad about people who adhere to the Jewish religion? Did she say anything bad about the nation of Israel? What exactly did she say that was anti-Semitic and why should it be a punishable offense?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yeah I can't find the antisemitism in this. She's literally just stating a fact and pretty much to a fault every politician up to their eyeballs in Israeli money is foaming at the mouth rabid for bringing it to light.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Didn't our congress just pass an unconstitutional bill making it illegal to boycott any Israeli businesses???
Aipac if I am not mistaken write most of our damn laws for this country that our politihacs give em a rubber stamp?
Anyhow, time for a shower, I feel dirty for agreeing with this monster from Minnesota. Although for different reasons...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It depends on who is reading the statement whether it is antisemitic. If you say anything about jews that makes them feel uncomfortable, they will scream antisemitism. If they have a shop that sells sandwiches and you make a comment that their sandwiches are terrible - that to them is antisemetic - but for everyone else, it just an opinion.

It often seems like it comes down to whether or not it puts "jews" in a negative light (and this is totally subjective, so don't even bother trying to guess or read their minds) or exposes a truth about them that they have worked hard to cover up. Then they will call the ADL, JDL, AIPAC, etc and report you.

What is strange is that jews aren't the only semites, so IDK where they get off appropriating this term as if it only applies tot hem, they seem not to care about Arabic Semites and when they make the claim of "anti-semitism" and it is really code for "anti-jewish/israeli" they are grouping the innocent (of the claim/statement) Arabic Semites into the same group.
edit on 2 11 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 11 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

that is for sure:

link   
Below would be

Ohio hospital condemns ex-resident who said she would give Jews ‘the wrong meds’

Lara Kollab, 27, stopped working at Cleveland Clinic in September; website publishes dozens of her anti-Semitic, Holocaust-minimizing tweets

www.timesofisrael.com...

Ohio doctor fired for anti-Semitic tweets, including threats to give Jews "the wrong meds"

www.cbsnews.com...

link   
Thinking that all Jews are really Kazarian imposters is definitely anti-semitism

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Read this story and was shocked as well.

You're not allowed to say that Israel has a lot of pull or influence with our politics.

So, queue in the new fad in American politics, find the most offensive descriptor for said action and ASAP.

The amount that our laws get changed in support of Israel and some of the special interest groups supporting them cross the line quite a bit.

There was a city in Texas that would only give aid to you after hurricane Harvey if you promised not to boycott Israel. That rule was changed after outrage to only apply to businesses asking for aid.

Or a speech pathologist told she couldn't work with the school district in Texas because she refused to sign a pro Israel oath.

Though those are isolated to Texas, those are just the most brazen examples.

We all know they shape much of our foreign and domestic policy to be in line with theirs.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It looks something like this...

Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) Tweeted:
Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Saying you disagree with Israeli foreign policy is not anti-Semetic.

No more than saying you disagree with Saudi Arabia is anti-Islamic

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Plenty of hate to go around on all sides, failure to recognize it for what it is, wherever it may be. Is the problem.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Plenty of hate to go around on all sides, failure to recognize it for what it is, wherever it may be. Is the problem.

If I hate you for trying to take away my rights am I not justified in considering you my enemy?

Keep in mind, I just recognized why I hate you. It isn't because of your religion, race nor any of the other nonsense being pushed today. I hate you for trying to take something away from me that I will never be able to get back.
edit on 11-2-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If you wish to know who controls you, look only so far as he whom you cannot criticize.

Of course, now a days that means we're all ruled by some dude in a skirt named Muffy.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
brazen violations of the right to free speech

States cannot punish speech and assembly activities that make up political boycotts. They also cannot require residents to give up their constitutional right to boycott as a condition of employment, contracts, or other benefits.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So, it's ok to condemn an entire people because you have decided they are your enemy, and you hate them?

If my government, religion, or group does something I don't like, and they have made themselves your enemy, because it's my government, religion, or group I am by default your enemy, worthy of your hate?

Hate ultimately paints with a broad brush, and has often led to atrocities.

Really, think about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No, the problem is both sides using identity politics and misuse definitions to blast opponents.

I call it out on all sides.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

So, it's ok to condemn an entire people because you have decided they are your enemy, and you hate them?

If my government, religion, or group does something I don't like, and they have made themselves your enemy, because it's my government, religion, or group I am by default your enemy, worthy of your hate?

Hate ultimately paints with a broad brush, and has often led to atrocities.

Really, think about it.

Where did I hate an entire people? I only hate the INDIVIDUAL who promotes taking away something I hold dear. If that individual is Jewish, Hindu, Christian, White, Black, Gay, Bi, I consider THAT INDIVIDUAL MY ENEMY! You are playing a BS game of words to try and make me feel guilty for hating someone. I don't hate them for their ancestry, skin color nor sexuality. I hate them for their actions and their goal of taking away something that it isn't their right to take away. Sorry, but that's a freedom you can never take away from me. I choose who I hate and I don't need permission to do so.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Even though AIPAC is a huge influence in American politics, this doesn't mean most politicians are "up to their eyeballs in Israeli money." AIPAC does exist to promote Israeli interests but the money comes from Americans. Many are Jews but most are Christian Zionists. I know, insane, right?

Israel does not pay Americans, rather, America funnels billions to Israel, both by the government and also private organizations.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

OK, even if everything you said is correct, someone saying they don't like Israeli foreign policy, or the fact that we support it so much is still not anti-Semetic, which is the point of OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Mankind's inherent nature, and capacity for hatred in all its forms, leading to divisions among peoples worldwide, conflicts, wars, atrocities etc... Is how we get to our inevitable extinction.

imo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join