It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez: U.S. Is ‘Native Land’ for All Latinos

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

She will call it "The Trading Places Act".

Not sure where I need to go...lol I wonder if Mexico would take me, Canada is too cold, and in Mexico I would live well. Actually I'm thinking of retiring in Costa Rica, I can live with that. Let the South come here and we will go South...

I'd go to the rural parts of Scotland or Ireland. That's only if I was the only one fighting back and failed.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: riiver

She's got to be a plant by the Trump administration to embarrass the democrats.

NO ONE is that stupid in real life!

I alternate between thinking that and thinking she's the scariest politician I have ever seen yet in my 50 years. I mean...a frightening number of people actually like her and applaud her ideas. The "Green New Deal" has sixty freakin cosponsors, after all. And we all know that if you just repeat something as the truth often enough, more people than not will eventually accept it...she could do some real damage. I don't know whether to laugh or kill myself now.

Don't be afraid. Half of her base thinks she's crazy. Big money likes because they've been going the route of supporting whoever the most radical is. She won't gain traction with half of the democrats or any of the republicans and doubtful any of the independents.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
One thing is certain, of the 50 million inhabitants of America who were here in 1600, none were white European etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

America wasn't America in 1600 you dunce.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
People aren't trying to immigrate to America for its land.

They want the nation and economy that was built on top of that land.

Which matters more?

A - Being native to the dirt itself?

B- Being native to the nation and economy?

The "native" people were physically located on this dirt before the Europeans came. But they were not physically located inside of this nation and economy before the Europeans came. The part everybody wants.

originally posted by: Byrd

You can see similar things all around the world... the problem of the Australian Aborigines, for example, or the Ainu in Japan. Hawaii's another good example of this. Each of these groups of people want the same kinds of chance at education and wealth and political power as the Caucasians (who killed them, enslaved them, and took their land) have.

But they want it without joining the system. Without becoming part of the monster that enslaved them.

That's a childish fantasy. The system is the source of all that wealth. It is built upon rewarding those who contribute to the pool of wealth.

Yes, some people are born into wealth. If they don't start to contribute, though, it gradually gets lost. It's very rare for a large family fortune to last more than about 4 generations before it has been squandered.

And maybe 4 generations is how long we would normally have to wait for newly integrated people to reach full wealth equality. (But if they refuse to participate in the economy it will be longer, or never.)

"But Caucasians did that to each other" I hear you retort. Yes, but there's no racial distinction... a British Celt could pass for a Roman (and did) in the right clothes. No matter how you dress them, most Hispanics can't pass for Norwegian. And the inequality is based on distinct physical markers that laws (the Jim Crow laws here in the US) say mean that they can't fully participate in society.

Rome also held territories in North Africa, at its height, anyway.
edit on 11-2-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: self repetition

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I completely agree with her on the condition that they settle down only in New York's 14th congressional district.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Wow, talk about racist, not only does AOC look insane, she is!

Fine, just give me EVERY dime I paid into SSI the last 30+ years and I’ll happily report back to Ireland 🇮🇪.

This country is doomed 😩

edit on 11-2-2019 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No, its not AOC.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's funny reading the comments here, I don't agree with what she said at all but I have lived most of my life somewhere where many Americans have funded and supported terrorism and a movement which says that I am not entitled to call my homeland mine because my ancestors have only been here for 800 years. I have been told to go back to where I come from many times. Maybe karma is going to start paying back.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
First of all, it's a misnomer to even call them Hispanics. Apart from a mix of Spanish and French (and others) blood introduced into the native population, they are simply Native Americans from the Southwest as well as further south of the border including Central America. Some of the invaders (illegals purposely crossing the border) are from even further south, but to say they all have a history of being in the current US lands is to deny that they are from different tribes with different histories from different areas. Many of them have no more history in their family's pasts of being in the Southwest than do Native Americans from East Coast tribes or Canadian tribes. They are not Apache or Navaho or Hopi or other US tribes that I am aware of. A tribe from Mexico as far as current borders had its own area of control.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
First of all, it's a misnomer to even call them Hispanics. Apart from a mix of Spanish and French (and others) blood introduced into the native population, they are simply Native Americans from the Southwest as well as further south of the border including Central America. Some of the invaders (illegals purposely crossing the border) are from even further south, but to say they all have a history of being in the current US lands is to deny that they are from different tribes with different histories from different areas. Many of them have no more history in their family's pasts of being in the Southwest than do Native Americans from East Coast tribes or Canadian tribes. They are not Apache or Navaho or Hopi or other US tribes that I am aware of. A tribe from Mexico as far as current borders had its own area of control.

That was one of my points. You, however, put it more clearly than I did. Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
People just need to realize that when someone like Alexandria Occasionally Sanchez wants to build themselves up for political purposes, all they really need to do is keep their name in the news all the time. So the way to do that is just to say or do anything they gets them mentioned regularly. It doesn't matter how outlandish it is as long as it is something that will not turn off their supporters.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
People just need to realize that when someone like Alexandria Occasionally Sanchez wants to build themselves up for political purposes, all they really need to do is keep their name in the news all the time. So the way to do that is just to say or do anything they gets them mentioned regularly. It doesn't matter how outlandish it is as long as it is something that will not turn off their supporters.

Brand recognition, yeah. People will buy the brand whose name they remember even if it isn't the best or the cheapest.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join