It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Exposes The Dark Side Of Politics In 5 Incredible Minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: deadlyhope

I love her.

Love is a funny thing.

Like, I love heroin. It gives me this false sense of hope, happiness and security but really it's just going to end up killing me.

The exact same can be said of AOC.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That girl is the Trump of the left in some ways. Her party hates her. Her base loves her. She talks smack....and both come across as dumb. Yet neither are career politicians and are not tied to lobbyists.

She got a VA doc to admit that VA drugs are 30%cheaper than normal peeps can get cuz they collective bargain...wheras medicare is banned from making the same deal. Wtf?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: deadlyhope
AOC makes some pretty good points here..

I realize ATS has become very far to the right and this lady is basically a top ten hated right now, so if you need to, just pretend it's someone you like for a moment - she's bringing some very important things out in the open - things we often agree with here on ATS, though often only as it applies to the opposite party... No one should be able to be funded by a corporation, then have free reign to create laws or remove regulations concerning that corporation.

A broken clock is right twice a day...

Yes, that system needs to be fixed. However, what AOC does not understand is that government regulation often facilitates that type of graft so she should be moving for less govt instead of more...

Just saying...

Well said!

We don't need more checks and balances for our checks and balances for our checks and balances. We need less crap to check and balance.

The problem is the corporations our Elite Masters own, they write all the regulations set to keep anybody from every competing with them. Just like they rig the elections via every conceivable methods (majority off which goes on long before election day) to ensure the Two Party System they own doesnt get any competitors. And then they have their media make sure we're too busy arguing over abortions and identity to catch on and do anything about it.
edit on 8-2-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You can't fix stupid by applying more stupid and you certainly can't fix out of control expanding government by adding more layers of government.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
That girl is the Trump of the left in some ways. Her party hates her. Her base loves her. She talks smack....and both come across as dumb. Yet neither are career politicians and are not tied to lobbyists.

She got a VA doc to admit that VA drugs are 30%cheaper than normal peeps can get cuz they collective bargain...wheras medicare is banned from making the same deal. Wtf?

But what real world international experience does she have negotiating with leaders in their fields? That's right, NONE. That is kinda important for a president to have, since that is a big part of the job. Being popular is not enough to run the largest and most influential economy on the planet.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

?? Trump literally expanded the swamp..but I know ats has become an echo chamber of "Maga"

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You make a great point in saying that your vote counts just as much as everybody else.
So true.
Sadly you think occasional kotex will be the next president when she will not even be old enough by the next election.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

?? Trump literally expanded the swamp..but I know ats has become an echo chamber of "Maga"

Quite the orthogonal comment there. Have anything actually relevant as a response, or just more knee-jerk Orange Man Bad tripe?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I love her.

I see, so you are basing your choice of presidential material upon "feelz" and hormones?

Nice set of qualifications you have there. How old are you, 14?

No, not 14. How I base my decision on who is presidential material is none of your business. My opinion is just as equal to yours. My vote counts just as much as yours does. Unlike you, I will not make any ad hominem attacks which are irrelevant.

So, to you, "I love her" is a relevant post in this thread?

Got it....you are very special. I apologize with all my heart for triggering you with my hateful words.

I watched the video. After I heard what she was saying, I felt love.

edit on 8-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Ill give her credit for saying it, I am still uncertain if she is smarter than a potato though.

But kudos for a leftist finally trying to shine a light on some of the corruption in DC.

She was speaking in complete sentences. I think I would qualify her as being intelligent. I think you are completely misunderestimating her.

Wouldn't a "misunderestimation" be an accurate estimation?

Maybe that's why you love her, and think she speaks in complete sentences.

"misunderestimation" was a reference to the greatest president of my lifetime:

Top 10 Bushisms
The Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dfnj2015

You make a great point in saying that your vote counts just as much as everybody else.
So true.
Sadly you think occasional kotex will be the next president when she will not even be old enough by the next election.

My reason she will be the next DNC candidate is because she will be the one the mobilizes the Republicans the most to vote. She generates the most outrage which is good for TV ratings. Presidential election races are BIG business.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Contrary to the Republican idea of idol worshiping people in authority, some of us see people's behaviors as separate from a person's worth. When I said "love" I did not mean her as "dear leader". I meant I liked what she was saying. It could have been a Republican saying it for all I care!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So is military experience according to most.

And I said SOME ways in case you missed that important word.

Besides, she and pre-prez-Obama got about the same experience don't they?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Let me use her logic...

Ocasio-Cortez: Is it true that there is little or no laws to prevent an upstanding citizen from owning a gun?

True

Ocasio-Cortez: Ok cool, is it also true that a person with a gun can kill anyone?

True

Ocasio-Cortez: Great, so lets say we have this murderer and what you are saying is that there is no way that we can stop them from killing

True, if they want to kill they can kill

Ocasio-Cortez: Fantastic, so I just want it to be on the record that anyone with a gun can kill, and that alone is why we need to ban guns.

edit on 8-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So then you believe that most politicians actually do what's best for their constituents as opposed to their own bank account?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

So is military experience according to most.

And I said SOME ways in case you missed that important word.

Besides, she and pre-prez-Obama got about the same experience don't they?

Agreed, on both points. But, many think that Obama was a horrible president since he did NOT have that international negotiating experience. He was often seen by other leaders as weak and apologetic. Whereas those that wanted him to be that way LOVED it since they knew they were negotiating from a position of power.

Not a good plan for us to follow.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Contrary to the Republican idea of idol worshiping people in authority, some of us see people's behaviors as separate from a person's worth. When I said "love" I did not mean her as "dear leader". I meant I liked what she was saying. It could have been a Republican saying it for all I care!

Her narrative disenfranchises many, and she would do a lot better if she included them too. She also offers much more than what our system can handle, but it is easy candy to pass to many. I remember one lady was asked why is she voting for Obama and her answer was... "because Obama going to buy me a house". This tends to be a normal tool for the left to use in offering much more than anyone can actually do and just not come through with any of it. In Ocasio-Cortez's case her narrative is to make everyone equal, equally poor to meet what she wants to accomplish.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So then you believe that most politicians actually do what's best for their constituents as opposed to their own bank account?

I personally believe that career politicians care more about their position and keeping it then they do about taking care of their constituents. You need to remember that in these positions money is typically not the driving force...power is, and keeping that power is #1 priority. To think in terms of fating their bank account to me is simple minded to what really drives them. Ocasio-Cortez is trying to find simple criminals in all this and that tells me she knows very little.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

My reason she will be the next DNC candidate is because she will be the one the mobilizes the Republicans the most to vote. She generates the most outrage which is good for TV ratings. Presidential election races are BIG business.

There are a lot of swing votes out there... Remember 44% of the voting population did not vote for either Trump or Hillary. She is too extreme so if the DNC picked her then Trump would get another 4 years but instead of a "anyone but Hillary" it will be "anyone but Ocasio-Cortez".
edit on 8-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I will give AOC kudos for her enthusiasm though, that is laudable. However, enthusiasm without direction or experience is akin to an explosion. See, without direction, purpose, and experience, an explosion cannot have it's energy directed in a constructive manner, like the internal combustion engine.
That energy escapes, in a wild and uncontrolled manner, called an explosion. Most times, that is a bad thing for anything in the blast zone or within reach of the concussion wave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join