It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totalitarianism: Buying A Hammer Or Recording Police Now Makes You A Potential Terrorist In The UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No kidding, If you buy a hammer and knives the United Kingdom’s counter-terrorism policing unit will consider you a potential terrorist. Same if you are recording police officers it appears. These actions are to be reported! Out of the 3 examples given, I only see one that would elicit any kind of concern here.

When banning guns just doesn't go far enough..... Insanity. When will they enforce mandatory straight jackets for the population... for safety of course?

I am not kidding, see their new video here:

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm glad I do not live in the UK. I have heard they are getting more and more overzealous with laws, even contemplating adding beta blocker chemistry to the water supply to control the people.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm off to look at chainsaws tomorrow. I intend to heft them to check for ease of use, being a bit older now than when I used the bog-standard farmer's Stihl. Thanks for reminding me to leave the hockey mask at home.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think the visual image is actually "being a suspicious looking person and buying a hammer". Just don't wear an anorak or look menacing, and you can buy your hammer any time you like.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I've bought 2 claw hammers, 2 mash hammers and a sledgehammer in the last year, not to mention a 2 handed axe, never had to give my name or address. Which watch list am I on?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So i'm supposed to be suspicious of someone taking out the rubbish and buying a hammer?

Hello, Theresa May? Can you get our pathetic crippled excuse of a police force off of twitter and onto the streets please?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was going to laugh at them, but I realized this is probably headed our way.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Unless you are a filthy dirty thievin gyppo. Then you can do whatever ya want.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I don't know which part of the UK this is in but it certainly bears no resemblance whatsoever to where I live and the many varied parts of the UK I travel to on a regular basis.

As I've noted before though; you'll no doubt discount my testament and those of other people who actually live in the UK and believe these agenda driven pieces of bollocks.

And people in glass houses and all that.......

edit on 3/2/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

FYI it is an official "see something Say something" like video... check it out, I am commenting on a UK government video which shows examples of "reportable behavior"

2 of those examples are buying tools and recording police officers... check it out for yourself. I am not making this up.

Here:

act.campaign.gov.uk...
edit on 3-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

I'm off to look at chainsaws tomorrow. I intend to heft them to check for ease of use, being a bit older now than when I used the bog-standard farmer's Stihl. Thanks for reminding me to leave the hockey mask at home.
Last fall I bought one of those top handle saws that arborists use, really pricey little Stihl saw. It is light and I like a one handed saw, if you are going to look intimidating with a saw, you need the saw in one hand, nasty axe in the other

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"See something, say something" is a double edge sword in the UK.
If you see and say something about the wrong person, you could end up in jail or fined for a hate crime.

I think this was the idiot Cameron who stepped this nonsense up a gear.

edit on 3/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

As others have stated; I've bought numerous hammers, knives, axes, chain saws etc and not once has anyone reported me and not once have the police visited me etc.
I've seen literally hundreds of these things being bought when the other half has forced me to waste my bank holidays in local hardware and garden centres rather than be in the pub with the lads.

Not once have I read or heard about anyone reporting anything or the police being notified.

I've had far too many interactions with the police over the years, not once for videoing them.
Me and a mate were walking to his pub on Friday night when we witnessed a situation with the local police and a well known local crank - and he is a handful - we both stopped and videoed it whilst pissing ourselves laughing - the coppers found it funny as well.

You may want to believe fear driven nonsense like that video portrays or numerous first hand testaments, the choice is yours.....it has zero effect on me either way.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You're on the list for posting this............the call has been made.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Liberalism.

It’s a mental disorder.

That’s not an opinion either.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

You're on the list for posting this............the call has been made.

I get the see something "really" suspicious to report it but this is a little bit extreme. Buying common tools and recording police would not seem like a "reportable" problem to me (or most of the US).

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

.....(or most of the US).

Or the vast majority of the UK....and probably the vast majority of everywhere else.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I get it to. Pretty sad for the most part. What is one to do if confronted for buying a hammer? How do you even respond to that kind of stupid?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

@0.43 recording the "black brigade fascist corporation enforcers", you must be a terrorist.

Thou shall not film police!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well this weekend I went out and bought a new hammer for a DIY project I have planned along with some nails few others odds and ends so I guess am screwed. Or not because no, as others have said buying a kitchen knife does not make you a potential terrorist in the UK.

I think what's being missed here is the spirit of the video, its not saying that recording the police makes you a terrorist or buying a hammer makes you a terrorist its about encouraging people to report something if it doesn't feel right. It's about saying that if it doesn't seem right that you catch a guy secretly recording the comings and goings of the local police station, with a bag of hammers and knifes...that might be something worth reporting.

It's part of the UK Counter terrorism strategy to engage the public and encourage them to report suspicious activity. "See something say something", that's all this is just an add reminding people of this. If you see something that just doesn't seem right report it. Most folk are pretty sensible and are not reporting their local joiner every time he steps into B&Q.

You know what the more I think about this thread the more absurd it seems to me that you want to pretend that the UK police are saying that you're a potential terrorist if you buy a hammer. Feels like more of the "lets all bash the UK" BS that has been sweeping through ATS recently.
edit on 3-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join