It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should or Could the President Encourage His Own Impeachment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I realize the president can't impeach himself, but should he encourage the Dems to put up or shut up. I am thinking of a scenario where he basically says he won't fight the process and will in fact encourage getting it going, encourage bringing the charges (whatever they may be). Basically, show your hand so we can move on with life. Then move through the proceedings and be done with it.

I am wondering what the left would do in this situation. I think anyone with a brain can see that there are no charges that would bring a 2/3 vote. I am just curious if this would be a move that might end the screeching and let the next elections cycle take care of things. It's not likely, but what else would there be to say afterwards?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I am just curious if this would be a move that might end the screeching and let the next elections cycle take care of things.

Nothing will end the screeching.

Even if they somehow managed to oust Trump and Pence and got Pelosi into the presidency, the screeching would continue. They'd just screech about something else.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Leftists would assassinate Trump if they thought they could get away with it.

Impeachment will never be enough.

The madness and insanity is too strong now.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Holy s# what a country of little bitches we've turned into.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If they are not careful, their endless screeching is going to lead this country into a civil war where they will fold like origami.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I am going to pretend that I
never read the title,
nor replied to this thread.

I was never here.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah Trump simply breathing is encouragement enough.

Even when D's are in power all they do is snip.
edit on 31-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Why ?
This hypothetical makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

There's no real way to crucify yourself.

It's banging in the last nail that is the problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Even if they somehow managed to oust Trump and Pence and got Pelosi into the presidency, the screeching would continue. They'd just screech about something else.

Sad but true...

We need a "Race for the TDS Cure" or something...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I realize the president can't impeach himself, but should he encourage the Dems to put up or shut up. I am thinking of a scenario where he basically says he won't fight the process and will in fact encourage getting it going, encourage bringing the charges (whatever they may be). Basically, show your hand so we can move on with life. Then move through the proceedings and be done with it.

I am wondering what the left would do in this situation. I think anyone with a brain can see that there are no charges that would bring a 2/3 vote. I am just curious if this would be a move that might end the screeching and let the next elections cycle take care of things. It's not likely, but what else would there be to say afterwards?

In a truthful perfect world.
But democrats play underhanded, lie and cheat. So, the supposition it could turn out legit is absurd.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes, the reality obviously is that nothing will make them happy. We've reached the point at which they turn against their own. Last years "allies" are now targets. It's truly a house of cards, built from nothing and fueled by misguided "feels".

NOTHING will make any of them happy.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Leftists would assassinate Trump if they thought they could get away with it.

Impeachment will never be enough.

The madness and insanity is too strong now.

Unless they thought he wanted to be assassinated. Then they would be against it.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Why ?
This hypothetical makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, if he said,"Just do it already." they would have their say, and nothing would come of it, but then they couldn't continue to cry for his impeachment for the next two years. You know, the whole 4d chess thing...seriously though, I am just wondering if he shouldn't shift gears from being defensive to just encouraging all of their efforts. Force the play and take the wind out of the sail.
Unfortunately I'm not sure most people even know what impeachment is.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes, the reality obviously is that nothing will make them happy. We've reached the point at which they turn against their own. Last years "allies" are now targets. It's truly a house of cards, built from nothing and fueled by misguided "feels".

NOTHING will make any of them happy.

Yes it is and they keep bumping the table and huffing and puffing,so the house of cards will come down by their own hands.
Then the rest of us can pick the cards up and have a nice game of crazy 8s to celebrate.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Unfortunately I'm not sure most people even know what impeachment is.

I do
Lived through 2 already.
Yet the question goes unanswered

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join