It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen To Death! Don't Mess With Mother Nature

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just the news today at a glance.
Sad and unnecessary. =(

I know I've joked around before, but
don't ever take chances in the cold or heat...
Especially with pets, children and older people!

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy
Stories like this make my blood boil. Completely preventable with just a little common sense.

And if I were aliens, I wouldn't talk to us either.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Going on day 5 here in northern Ontario of -40 to -50c nights and days.
Today started off at -35c and currently its -41c and -49c with the windchill.
It’s expected to drop below -50c tonight.
I don’t know how many people have ever felt -50 weather. But it literally hurts.

When I was working in the Arctic we had a full day of -62c.
Walking from my bunkhouse to the smoke shack, I swore I could feel my eyeballs starting to freeze up.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Its in the high 70's over here in Arizona

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Lucky B word!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
-38c here in Manitoba today even more with the wind,I gotta dress for the elements. Our garbage men still went out there and school is still open with buses running. Life goes on as normal.

a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Its in the high 70's over here in Arizona

Wow, what part of AZ you in? I’m in Snottsdale and it got to 74 today.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
-38c here in Manitoba today even more with the wind,I gotta dress for the elements. Our garbage men still went out there and school is still open with buses running. Life goes on as normal.

The Americans are just killing me with their histrionics the last week.

It's a Super Duper Polar Tornado/Tsunami Vortex!!!

Up here in Canada it's called.......winter.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
Yet here in MI, everything is closed! Schools, Government, Garbage pickup. Lame. Didn't do that in the 70's.

I don't understand adults freezing to death.

But I worry for kids and animals. People that leave animals out intentionally should be beaten.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
urban

originally posted by: Carcharadon

The urban Americans are just killing me with their histrionics the last week.

Not all of us have lost our collective minds, just the ones who lost touch with the world outside their city limits.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It's a wonderful 34 up here in Anchorage, AK today.

Yeah, the deaths are horrible. I've worked outside in -40 or lower temps and we were only allowed to work for 15 or 20 minutes between trips to the doghouse to warm up and that's with all the best gear money can buy. One young lady who would not listen to advice ended up with frostbite from the metal rimmed glasses she had on and lost the tops of her ears after only a few minutes.

You break down in a car in that and your screwed. I was in a car once where a group of us got stranded and a car load of kids stopped and then refused to give us a ride to their house we could see in the distance, because their parents would get mad. One of us jumped inside their car and made them take him to their house where called someone to save us. People get really dumb about things like that. Had a friend who's kid froze after his girlfriend threw him out of the car over an argument. He made it about 50 yards. The girl got 7 years in prison.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Ya, no fun, have spent my share of time working in the interior B.C., Sask, and Alberta, usually in winter.
This happened a few days ago, Gilles Duceppe's(Bloc Quebecois) mother was locked out of her care home after a fire alarm.
www.ctvnews.ca...
edit on 30-1-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well thats the point most arent used to it being this bitterly cold. Obviously you guys get it every winter, thus hockey as the national sport cause everybody's pond froze over. annd please when you throw out histrionics thats the media which in no way represent a normal cross section of the American thought process any more.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Over here its called "yay day off work/school" and all traffic grinds to a halt trains stop buses stop and we Brits return to our duvets with a huge smile.....and that's just with an inch of snow
which of course we'll talk about for the next 3 months

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Do you guys have the policy for schools that if it’s -40 out school buses are canceled?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
urban

The urban Americans are just killing me with their histrionics the last week.

Not all of us have lost our collective minds, just the ones who lost touch with the world outside their city limits.

Fair enough friend.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Well thats the point most arent used to it being this bitterly cold. Obviously you guys get it every winter, thus hockey as the national sport cause everybody's pond froze over. annd please when you throw out histrionics thats the media which in no way represent a normal cross section of the American thought process any more.

Nah, blowing things up out of all proportion is the American way. Look at the NFL, jet sqaudrins flying over , fireworks and the whole shebang.

Watch how over the top the media is about everything.

It's the American way to be grandiose.

Not a huge issue and trust me I dont hate the US or its citizens like some of the other non-US posters around here, but it's ok to take a little neighborly ribbing.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

you mean Fahrenheit? either way, I understand it is super cold...seems like when it's 100' F it would be like 38c. so?? is -38c equivalent to -100F ?! That's insane! sounds like the "Day After Tomorrow" movie.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Carcharadon

Over here its called "yay day off work/school" and all traffic grinds to a halt trains stop buses stop and we Brits return to our duvets with a huge smile.....and that's just with an inch of snow
which of course we'll talk about for the next 3 months

As a Canadian that stuff cracks me up. An inch of snow and I'm usually still wearing runners.

It would be no different for me if it rained for 20 days straight or was +40°C for 2 weeks straight where I live. I'd be whining so hard about that.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: milano

you mean Fahrenheit? either way, I understand it is super cold...seems like when it's 100' F it would be like 38c. so?? is -38c equivalent to -100F ?! That's insane! sounds like the "Day After Tomorrow" movie.

-35 Fahrenheit is -37°C.

<<   2 >>

join