It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Reconstruction of the Shroud of Turin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Think about it, no seriously, if he was in so much pain then why is his butt touching the cross?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Seems to be an uncanny resemblance between the shroud and Akiane's painting...

Have not researched this yet but it looks VERY interesting to say the least.

Experts have also compared the Shroud of Turn and Akiane’s Prince of Peace Painting and their conclusion was there is an 80-90% match.

art-soulworks.com...

This video is a transition between two photos. The first is the Shroud of Turin image of Jesus, which believed to bethe burial cloth of Jesus. The second is the "Prince of Peace" painting of Jesus by Akiane Kramarik that was featured in the book "Heaven is for Real" about a 4 year old boy who sees Jesus in Heaven during a near death experience. Afterwards, he corroborated that this painting is closest to the true likeness of Jesus.

My friend and I noticed that the face of Jesus in 3D created by scientists was very similar to the face that Akiane painted years before, so I decided to create this comparative video. I sent the video to Akiane's official website and they answered me: Dear Fernando Lima Ribeiro, Akiane, my wife and all our family watched in amazement, we were so impressed that we were wondering if we could link it and place it on our website...

Source: www.youtube.com...

edit on 1.27.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There is certainly some creative license taken with this imaging, but it is very interesting.
Who would have thought they would be mooned by Jesus, by reading this thread.

I have been a fan of the Shroud for years. It is great to see real science applied to it.
edit on 27-1-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
well well.. Hi there fellas its been a while ,,

Sweet 3D view of what was in the shroud Jesus ? or one of many

as the Crucifixion was common , the Piercing too the side
was a common method also ...

what's Amazing about this 3d View of this Body

and what also, the cloth had shown is ..

what exactly what he would of looked
like as if he was on the Cross

the bending of the legs , a lean of his body a slight forward
his legs crossed , just as if he was on the cross ...

now .... what is shown is ..that is different from being on the cross is
his arms are down and crossed too his private era
although not thoroughly on them , more less hovering above them .

If he was in a chamber aka Tomb , when he was placed there
and his body was still in that position. and placed the Shroud
under and over him .. for a few days

I could accurately say ,, He was Semi Rigor Mortis
the the 3rd stage death ( the 4 hours ) or close too it
but they ( who ever they were ) were still able too place
his hands down and straiten his Hands and fingers
as more likely they were once closed fist ...

before the full Rigor Mortis settled in ...

in other words Jesus was becoming a STIFF ...

I will Admit the Shroud of Turin is well Detailed ...
and the Huge Debate of the shroud being
reversed painted or Radiated ...

Yet no one knew of X-rays -
Photos negative prints 400 years ago or
1st century AD ... so it kinda blows that IDEA

I remember reading a National Geographic of the Shroud of Turin
saying claiming that the Shroud was carbon dated too the

15th century or 16th century

but some others had claim it it was a piece of the Repair of the Shroud
when it was saved from a church fire in the 15th century and had been singed
on the ends of the shroud while it was folded in a metal box
which if you think about it.. the heat! probably AMPED up
more detail from the body fluids , blood and sweat that was left on the Shroud

in the same magazine what was also discovered on the Shroud ,
was Extinct pollen that was dated in the time of Jesus ...

Botanical Evidence Indicates "Shroud Of Turin" Originated In Jerusalem Area Before 8th Century
www.sciencedaily.com...

New test dates Shroud of Turin to era of Christ
www.usatoday.com...

How certain are we that the man on the shroud is in rigor mortis?
shroudstory.com...

edit on 12019MondayfAmerica/Chicago127 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Akaine is such a remarkable woman, and was an astounding talent as a tiny girl!
Thanks for the fascinating post.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Very interesting points here, thank you.

(And welcome back!)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe many Italians are similar to Jewish people

Yes, we're both all about the food, family and guilt.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It makes me think of how people in ancient times were a lot more active, and the contrast between our modern society in which we have exponential knowledge on health and nutrition, but for what? It seems like it took a lot to kill this guy...

Maybe there was some artistic license but he just seems like he was in pretty good condition before the beatings took place. Like you said, he has a perfect form, like the Vitruvian fellow.

Jesus confirmed? 😁

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'd say the 'perfection' is some artistic clean up to make it look more like a easy to view human than a bumpy lumpy distorted corpse the shroud would of contained.
To try and make it look like it did at the time of death, not however long after death it takes for a body to leave such an imprint on a cloth.

Same is done for scanned 3D models of real objects used in video games.
I imagine the process being similar to using gray scale image height maps to produce realistic terrain in video games.
Light areas are raised, dark areas are lowered.

Regardless when transferring real things to digital things there is always clean up needed.
If they'd stuck to a 1:1 transfer with this thing it would look like a prop from The Walking Dead I reckon.

Is the shroud an imprint of a man? More than likely.
Is it a son or prophet of a god? I doubt it.

Edit: I think some artistic license has been taken with the hair. Model looks more traditionally Christian 'Jesusy' than the shroud does.
edit on 28-1-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

many religious nutters around those times would self flagellate who's to say this isnt exactly that !

people are so determined to prove religious doctrine to secure power and wealth , they'd easily hoax something like this

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
It seems like it took a lot to kill this guy...

Isn't that how death by a thousand cuts is supposed to work?
A slow painful death?

Wounds definitely give me that 1000 cuts vibe, they seem deliberate. not like some random flogging wounds.
Appears to be lot of symmetry to them. Something I would not expect from a whipping.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good points, all! The shroud to me is just such a wonderful mystery. Thanks to everyone for weighing in.

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Edit: I think some artistic license has been taken with the hair. Model looks more traditionally Christian 'Jesusy' than the shroud does.

Of the entire figure, the hair looks the least realistic (most stylized) to me. I think I agree with your point here.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this - what an amazing work!

The shroud is a mystery, and while my faith certainly does not depend on its authenticity, I do think it is could be the burial cloth of Jesus. The pollen samples, the bilirubin in the blood that show severe physiological stress and suffering, and the x-ray quality that shows the bones in the fingers being to mind a bright burst of light... a lot of clues that point to it being authentic.

I am amazed that The Prince of Peace painting was created by Akiane when she was eight years old!! Wow! I can see some resemblance to the shroud, but the man in the shroud is distorted from the beatings and is not how Jesus would have appeared to Akiane.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing this. Very interesting stuff!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: 3n19m470
It seems like it took a lot to kill this guy...

Isn't that how death by a thousand cuts is supposed to work?
A slow painful death?

Wounds definitely give me that 1000 cuts vibe, they seem deliberate. not like some random flogging wounds.
Appears to be lot of symmetry to them. Something I would not expect from a whipping.

well from what i see he flogged ( flailed ) in different possessions criss cross pattern with a device like a cat o 9 tails which was very common in Rome .. for extreme punishment .... my guess most of the Victims of a crucifixion had this done ..
too weaken them and drain them and easier too have a open wound causing a severe infection... done mostly on the Strong and strong willed ... and yes mostly on slaves and prisoners from gladiators in a court to Galley Slave the Galley Ship .. common practice ... I am guessing that he was held and released and Dropped a few times by a Guard or Guards a few times as the flogging continued ... and more less the Jewish high elite encouraged the Guards in the Crowd... and from what his face looks like he was beaten and swollen extremely ..

THE SHROUD OF TURIN
3. THE BIBLE AND THE SHROUD
3.3 THE MAN ON THE SHROUD AND JESUS WERE SCOURGED
© Stephen E. Jones
theshroudofturin.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Proposing a game of curiosity.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I see that, and as a forensic pathologist, there are problems with the distribution of the wounds, as depicted, over the skin surface of the corpse.

Try not to get too grossed - out, but think of it like this:

The wounds are all quite uniform, and even symmetrical in some areas. These are not the kinds of wounds that would have been suffered under anything but the most controlled of circumstances … perhaps, dare me to say - a reenactment?

In 'real life' injuries of torture are NEVER that uniformly inflicted. It is just kind of statistically impossible. So … I favor this to be a 'work of art', and not an archeological relic, otherwise.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEPAOR
Think about it, no seriously, if he was in so much pain then why is his butt touching the cross?

.........because when youre nailed to a cross you dont have any choice what touches where?

Sincerely hope this question isnt serious..........

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

If he was in a chamber aka Tomb , when he was placed there and his body was still in that position. and placed the Shroud under and over him .. for a few days

Actually they were usually wrapped in the shroud..........not placed over them like on a morgue table........just a small correction there......

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
The Shroud of Turin is a remarkable relic, though precisely how remarkable is up for fervent debate. I'm not here to attempt to prove one position or another-- I have my beliefs and surely you have yours, and either way the preserved image of a crucified man has been used to create a striking figure.

Just read the theory that it was not Christ, but Jacques de Molay. Quite a compelling argument...
'THE SECOND MESSIAH: TEMPLARS, THE TURIN SHROUD AND THE GREAT SECRET OF FREEMASONRY BY ROBERT LOMAS & CHRISTOPHER KNIGHT

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: zosimov
The Shroud of Turin is a remarkable relic, though precisely how remarkable is up for fervent debate. I'm not here to attempt to prove one position or another-- I have my beliefs and surely you have yours, and either way the preserved image of a crucified man has been used to create a striking figure.

Just read the theory that it was not Christ, but Jacques de Molay. Quite a compelling argument...
'THE SECOND MESSIAH: TEMPLARS, THE TURIN SHROUD AND THE GREAT SECRET OF FREEMASONRY BY ROBERT LOMAS & CHRISTOPHER KNIGHT

I thought he was burned at the stake? That would sort of burn off all that hair we see wouldnt it?
edit on 1/28/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join