It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Does this 'ring' of Tesla? Does it 'officially' exist today?

This is a awesome frontier for Man and for our environment. Unlimited energy. Imagine a small zero point generator being applied to a vehicle. Your looking at no more stops for fuel. Apply this to your home. Your looking at disconnecting all electrical inlets to your home and relying on your own source of power.

Here are some sites on Zero Point Energy.

www.keelynet.com...
www.keelynet.com...
www.keelynet.com...
users.erols.com...
www.altenergy.org...
www.calphysics.org...

I hope many will have thoughts concerning this topic.
Thank you.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One site states that Aether and Zeropoint Energy are the same thing. I believe Zeropoint energy is actually the energy collected by the natural existence of a black hole. Since a black hole has more energy than we could ever imagine using, we consider what is in the center "free energy." This is similar to our view of the sun being a renewable energy source.. because it will be around for millions of years. Zeropoint energy is abundant by hypothesis. Aetheric energy is energy that exists by the nature of space. The vacuum is actually an energy bed of sorts, in the theory of the aether. This means energy is available, but changing it into useful forms is another story. Zeropoint (singularity) energy is considered to be in an active form (kinetic) and can therefore be used for mechanical purposes.

That's who it works as I understand it.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Glad you posted Protector, got a question. I read that if this is accomplished --- zero point energy --- that we could also virtually control 'gravity'...is this true...in theory?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yes.

That is the answer.

If you want an explanation, which you probably expect nothing less of me, then I'd say that Zeropoint energy is caused by gravity going to an extreme that it distorts standard mathematics (possibly breaking spacetime). In order to control zeropoint energy we would have to control gravity. So, as a requirement, we would need to control gravity in order to obtain the technology as to how one can harness zeropoint energy. Of course, there may be some hair-brain idea that can get around the gravity requirement, but for now it is a wall that must be scaled. If we have zeropoint energy, we probably have gravity control (99.99% probability in my opinion).

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Protector]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks again Protector.
I just realized this was one of the current debate topics...DOH!!

But thanks again.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We know what gravity is but not what causes it. The graviton is theorized to be the major cause... adding gravitational energy to the mass of a particle... the problem is that gravitons have never been discovered. They have been theorized for years, but never found. I have a much better idea of what gravity is, not buying the simplistic view of the graviton, but I'm still waiting to see how the hypotheses of the graviton turn out... quite a few professional studies are looking for it, last I knew.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If you are at all familiar with particle physics, then you would know what "gluon" is. This substance is supposedly a group of subatomic particles that are exchanged between quarks to create extremely powerful bonds. The idea of the graviton is based on this, I believe. Gravitons are streams of particles that attract surrounding mass. This seems like hog wash to me. Gravity, explained by Einstein, was not a particle stream, but a curvature of spacetime. I guess scientists just won't be happy until they find something to lead them to understanding quantum gravity.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I just found this article and figured it would add to this topic a bit:

www.guardian.co.uk...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think the last link posted in the opening post www.calphysics.org... discusses many of your opinions on the subject of gravity as it related to the ZPF. Another section of the site www.calphysics.org... examines the relation of inertia, the ZPF and gravitation more closely. They disagree with some parts of your ideas (though their ideas are simply that... ideas, just as yours are, educated thought they may be).

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This "space energy" might explain the existence and movement of things like ufo spacecraft............

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ZERO POINT ENERGY

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ehmm about "Aether"....

It was a concept that was used to explain travelling electromagnetic waves being able to propagate through vacuum. It is a hypothetical medium of conduction.

As far as zero-point energy is concerned, you'd be wise to use some QM-theory. And peeps, please take in mind that on a macroscopical scale thermodynamic laws can be rather tough to beat(I invite anyone to come down to my lab and show me an experiment that actually works and has no loose ends.)

And concerning the quantization of gravity in regard of the general relativity principles of Einstein, they are compatible. All forces can be thought of as arising from curvatures of the some surface. Even electromagnetic forces can be expressed in this way. And at the same time it can be shown that the photon is the carrier of the electromagnetic force, the gluon is the carrier of the strong nuclear force, the boson is the carrier of the weak nuclear force and the maybe the graviton is the carrier of the gravitational force.

I personally don't think that zero-point energy can not be loaned from any possible system because the zero-point energy level for any system that is in the lowest quantum state that can be occupied(both microscopically and macroscopically) is already the lowest energetic state. Trying thus to obtain energy would be strange as the energy conservation would be totally screwed up. But then again, you guys don't believe(The problem is that you guys think that a theory is some sort of religion, which it of course is not) in that. I personally challenge anyone to give me PROOF, via theory(that means formulas and the whole works, including the thermodynamics and whatever else is needed; U2U it to me for review) that it is possible. Say I give it a month and tell you what: If it seems that any of you guys can PROVE it to me via theoretical principles that this is possible, I will shut up forever on this subject. However, the other way around, you guys accept that zero-point energy stuff is ridiculous and stop this very annoying semi-scientific discussion

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I personally challenge anyone to give me PROOF, via theory(that means formulas and the whole works, including the thermodynamics and whatever else is needed; U2U it to me for review) that it is possible. Say I give it a month and tell you what: If it seems that any of you guys can PROVE it to me via theoretical principles that this is possible, I will shut up forever on this subject. However, the other way around, you guys accept that zero-point energy stuff is ridiculous and stop this very annoying semi-scientific discussion

Man, that's not fair. It will take me another 2 or 3 years at least to get my theories finished up. I would like to take some additional math classes before I really start in on the math (advanced calculus courses). I am very aware of the "extremely annoying rules of thermodynamics." There are positive aspects to the rules, however. Within the need to conserve energy, momentum, etc., other effects of the universe always come into play to compensate for the constant changes. Perhaps I will link the constant conversion of forces to a possible "aether" medium that helps to define what dimensions are and what matter and energy are (beyond the quantum level particle and wave properties). So far, my research has lead me to new and facinating places within the top levels of scientific discoveries; the problem is accounting for annomalies within the basic laws.

Oh well, perhaps everyone will read my research one day
. Then we can pick up the debate about whether Zeropoint energy exists on a logical level for study

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Zero point Energy sounds amazing, imagine space craft which need no propelant, just a zero point energy converter. the possibilitys are incredible. however im wondering could zero point energy be used as a weapon??? if so its a great problem we may face in the future.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good chicken joke! Like it.

Ok, so I have a small brain-teaser for you guys. You've supposedly all read about the Casimir force and the great power it exerts. This is one of the few experiments that truly shows that the vacuum is not empty. However, how are we going to get energy from this. The energy released by the the two mirrors crashing into each other can be converted to heat with 100 % efficiency.So we store that in some bassin. However, we are going to want to do that again, so we have to seperate the mirrors again, but HEY wait up!! We actually have to provide energy again to move the mirrors apart!! So we look toward the bassin. But what do you know, just like a cup of tea, the bassin has cooled off and we don't have enough energy anymore to move the mirrors apart. I suppose someone is going to keep getting new mirrors for us? Anyone want that job??

See where this is going?? And please don't misuse the word aether, it's very confusing. The particle-antiparticle creation is called a vacuum fluctuation I believe...

And I'll be very happy to read your article Protector. Believe me, if you pull that off you'll revolutionize physics...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I plan to.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have just recently been interested in Zero Point Energy. Didn't realize I was interested in it though. I figured out a few things made some drawings and realized I was on to something. I started searching around and found a drawing on the internet. Very similar to the one that I had drawn. I had no knowledge of any previous work on this till recently. But why isn't it made yet? Is it because the Goverment shuts everyone up who makes it or what? If this was made it would definetly shut our economy down. But it would also make energy free. I've rambled enough.

Nightwalker

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Protector

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeah zero point energy could propel rockets even further than they can go now, and pretty much guarantee our destruction.

Could also keep a stealth bomber in the air indefinitely, unmanned. Reminds me of a nuclear powered submarine that only has to refuel every 25 years.

Also zero point energy could allow us to create our own elements, like Gold, so our money system would be worthless, just like now.

However with zero point energy, we could reach planets much faster, with more cargo, as the fuel weight would no longer be an issue. We could expand the human race to other planets.

How about a zero point energy taser gun! Ouch. Don't taze me bro!

How about a zero point energy laser pointer? You can use your DVD burner laser diode, and hook it up to zero point energy, then you can burn things, and people with it from a distance. Ouch.

Hmm lets see, oh, did I mention with zero point energy you could pretty much destroy the world more than you can fix it?

No wonder it has been a known secret for ages.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join