It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee facing blowback after aide alleges retribution after sexual assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The New York Times is reporting that Sheila Jackson Lee is stepping down from the House Judiciary subcommittee chairmanship after political pressure has mounted due to the accusations of a former aide.

In a lawsuit filed earlier this month a former aide claims she was sexually assaulted by a Black Caucus Foundation supervisor. The woman further claims she was fired as retribution after bringing this claim to Jackson Lee's attention.

Jackson Lee denies these accusations.

www.chron.com...

Denies but steps down.

Guess we wait for reporters to latch on to this and supply some more info.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I did nothing wrong but I will step down, lol, I'm convinced.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The New York Times is reporting that Sheila Jackson Lee is stepping down from the House Judiciary subcommittee chairmanship after political pressure has mounted due to the accusations of a former aide.

In a lawsuit filed earlier this month a former aide claims she was sexually assaulted by a Black Caucus Foundation supervisor. The woman further claims she was fired as retribution after bringing this claim to Jackson Lee's attention.

Jackson Lee denies these accusations.

www.chron.com...

Denies but steps down.

Guess we wait for reporters to latch on to this and supply some more info.

You mean, guess we'll wait for reporters to completely ignore this and most likely run hit pieces on the person who was assaulted to run cover.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Yeah, I tend to forget what society has become. Surely it was victim who was actually the cause.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to step down as CBC Foundation chair amid lawsuit
© Greg Nash

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) is stepping down from her role as the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation board amid a lawsuit from a former staffer.

An anonymous Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) official told the Times that the group’s board told Jackson Lee that they could vote to remove her if she did not step down voluntarily.

Link

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
#metoo!!!!
a reply to: roadgravel

new topics

top topics

join