It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAF vs Syrian AD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Amazing footage released by the IDF today. Looks like they had enough of Syrian AD intercepting their missiles and destroyed some tonight.

short Video at:
twitter.com...
Pantsir and Tor M1?

Dont think the *but it was inactive* excuse will fly in this case.
Maybe i'm wrong, but i think this is the first time bomb sight footage from a strike against an active SHORAD system was released.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah I’m sure they were just picking off missiles for shingles, no active AD.
looking forward to the Russian mental gymnastics over this, nice find.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Those poor guys were just letting off steam, and celebrating the conception of Assad with a fireworks display, and the nasty Israelis crashed the party. Rude.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

What is the video showing in the first part? Is it a jet coming in, jamming the AD so it misses and then destroying the AD with missiles? It seems in the last part of the video that it is a guided missile fired from a stand off position.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Two missiles from the launcher were fired.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why did they miss and what took out the launcher? Was it a jet up close?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Any number of reasons. Jamming, countermeasures from the aircraft, fired without the radar being locked on...

At a guess, the Popeye. It uses a television or IR seeker. It has a 48 mile range so could have been fired a decent ways out.
edit on 1/21/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks, that is some great video!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Very cool video, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

At a guess, the Popeye. It uses a television or IR seeker. It has a 48 mile range so could have been fired a decent ways out.

I think Popeyes have been replaced by Delilahs at this point, at least for conventional payloads.

If i had to guess i'd they used SPICE in this case. They hit alot of targets that night and only took out those AD units when they kept engaging them. So they didnt stay somewhere over the Med launching Cruise Missiles.

SDB II also a candidate i guess. Or even something entirely different like SPIKE NLOS from an UAV, Harpy NG suicide drone or some ground launched missile. Could have been anything really.

new topics

top topics

join