It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Stepson's Best Friend OD'd Today--Build The Damn Wall NOW!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have lost friends to addiction. I blame big Pharma, not border crossings.

Every person I know who has an opiate addiction started with prescription drugs. Some were patients who got hooked. Some were family members of patients who stole their medications. Prescription pain killers began their decent into illicit drugs.

I can't know your loss, but it is familiar to me. The best way to seek change is to fight the pharmaceutical companies by supporting legislation to reign them in. Drugs don't come across the border if no one is buying them.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Look OP I have family members with major drug problems. China is supplying the cartels with Fenntnyl and chemicals to make meth. Drugs are a multi billion dollar enterprise. A wall isn't going to stop it. The cartels are tunneling under the border. They can ship more under the border then any drug mule can carry over the border. I don't have all the answers but if it were up to me I'd be sending militarized hit squads into Mexico to deal with the problem. I'm sick of watching them poison our people. China is covertly at war with us by trying to poison us from the inside. I'm from the Detroit suburbs and this stuff is out of control. My cousins high school is nick named heroin high. He lives in a upper middle class neighborhood. It's sweeping across the area like the plague. I'm mad as hell about it. I've seen a lot of lives ruined. A wall with Mexico is nothing but a band aid. I have close family and friends that have died from heroin.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The mexicans didn't stick a needle in your step son or step son's friend. They chose to do that. Most people don't -- is that in spite of the mexicans...?

It sucks, that somebody died, and your step son has addiction issues but that is their doing. The lack of ownership and responsibility could be why the addiction continues.

So long as the addict is made to feel like they've been wronged and it's not their choice to do this, the addict will never learn. It's always easier to blame someone else.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Sorry to hear this is happening to your step son.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

If we are to believe you and follow your twisted logic then the people of Flint Michigan are the ones to blame for getting poisoned and not because government officials caused it?... After all, the people of Flint Michigan could have made sure their water was safe to drink....right?...

The mentality of some people stuns me sometimes... Yes, people do make choices, but those who are bringing the drugs are also to blame, and for you to claim they are not to be blamed leaves me puzzled... unless... nvm...

F it... Your claim is exactly what drug cartels and aholes who sell drugs to children would claim...

edit on 19-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

But then if we follow your logic as well "we shouldn't do anything at all because after all the drug cartels, and those profiting from these drugs, will find a way to circumvent whatever obstacles we put in their way... Is your answer then "let's do nothing"?...

edit on 19-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Addiction sucks, be it drugs or alcohol. It is a rough road to travel. I wish your stepson the best on his journey through hell because that is what it is in an addicts mind. I will be praying for him and you and yours.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Pandaram
These are bunch of junkies.. they will die soon. Like how American killed off by invaders germs? So building a wall someone country is stupid.. use the cash to buy more stash.

They're also someone's children!

Get help.

Everyone is someone’s children..

Get over it.

OP turning his suffering in to hatred... should be monitored by home land security or g.i.jo or what ever the heck you have in your country to monitor terrorism.

Sometimes it really is just better to keep your thoughts to yourself unless you want everyone to know what a smug, know nothing, jerk you really are.

To IAMTAT, I am sorry for your loss and I hope your loved one kicks his horrible addiction this time.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sorry for the late reply TAT. Just now hopped online. What do i say? I pray for you man, I really do. I found my friend of over 20 years dead with a needle in his arm. Why, because I grew tired of his addiction, 20 bucks for this 20 bucks for that, can you buy me some food ect. I ignored 3 phone calls and that was all it took, I guess. I am 39 years old, I tried to help my friend "Joel" RIP for over a decade. I could not. Your boy is not a junkie or a loser as some have tried to say, he is a victim of an absolutely crushing epidemic... which was INTENDED.
All I can say my internet friend is, your not alone. We've all been to too soon funerals. DO NOT sit their and wonder if you shoulda coulda woulda. Go out there and save your boy....Leave no regrets. If he doesn't make it, god bless his soul.
Just be strong!! Good luck TAT!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank you for all of the truly kind words.
To those of you in similar situations...I understand your pain and frustration and wish you and yours well.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You got this TAT. Bust down the Fuc**** door if you have to. This may be out of line, and I am sorry If it is but I want to help. You lost your first wife to cancer ( something that was TOTALLY out of your control,god bless her soul) I cant imagine the pain. Well this situation is still obtainable, save that boy! God Bless man, god bless.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
PS: If you can't Fix it, It wasn't your problem to fix in the first place, God is one mysterious creature. God bless man!
edit on 19-1-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2019 by Sabrechucker because: pp

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I send my condolences, however isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume 90 percent comes via mexico?

Have you considered China? one of the biggest-if not the biggest exporters of methamphetamines and opioids in the world, they also have the largest crime syndicates in the world and would have a presence in the US. And let us not forget the Mafia, although they are not the force they once were, they might not have learned the lessen that brought them to their knees.

A wall will not stop the drugs.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hope you and your family get through this.

Im not sure if Naltrexone implants are available in your country. It helped my wife kick the addiction more than 10 years ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that, always sucks to lose someone you know that way.

It's a vicious cycle for which the entire government, both parties, and every president since JFK is guilty of creating.

A wall would go a ways towards starting to break the cycle.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
No disrespect, but the wall isn't going to stop anything.

People need to take accountability for them self instead of trying to find someone else to blame and to try to put the responsibility of ones decisions into someone elses hands.

It's like trying to blame the food industry for all the poison they feed people. HFCS, GMO etc etc. They make it because people buy it, if people stopped buying it they would stop making it. Simple supply and demand business practices. IF there is no demand there would be no supply. It's not profitable to make drugs if nobody is buying them.
edit on 20-1-2019 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Build the wall, then 100% of drugs can be made locally.

Build the wall. That'll stop people from making the choice to get on drugs.

Or you know.... people could take some responsibility for themselves.

If only we could build walls to stop all people from dying from their own choices, or just dying altogether. What a marvelous world this would be.

Now excuse me I have to go ask my government to build a wall, because I am going to drink an American beer.
Damn Americans and their poison. Always holding a gun to my head and making me drink.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The desire for acceptance is usually what gets a person hooked, really. Teenagers value acceptance like they value air. They genuinely feel like they're going to die if they can't get it. (There was a kid in my high school who committed suicide, and I'm pretty sure it was over that.)

Drug addicts are always looking to get others pulled into their lifestyle so they have more people to mooch off of. If a person is short on acceptance, then that crowd will offer them blind acceptance for the price of slavery.

For some, that is just too tempting an offer to resist.

Both my younger brothers ended up hanging out with people who convinced them to start smoking so they could feel accepted. In a different town, or a different place, maybe the price offered to them would have been something stronger than nicotine.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

ive always been sickened by whats happened in Afghanistan since we went back there and have stayed. ive spoken to many soldiers who spent hours protecting the opium fields or the chinese workers who worked the fields or mines in afghanistan. the country is one of the most resource rich countries in the world and if u plot the military bases we have there against the location of resources youll find an interesting correlation. big pharma relies on opium and as long as they have our govt in their back pocket nothing is going to change.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: hombero

If we are to believe you and follow your twisted logic then the people of Flint Michigan are the ones to blame for getting poisoned and not because government officials caused it?... After all, the people of Flint Michigan could have made sure their water was safe to drink....right?...

The mentality of some people stuns me sometimes... Yes, people do make choices, but those who are bringing the drugs are also to blame, and for you to claim they are not to be blamed leaves me puzzled... unless... nvm...

F it... Your claim is exactly what drug cartels and aholes who sell drugs to children would claim...

Your comparison isn't a comparison at all, but nice straw man attempt nonetheless. Druggies are weak minded people that choose to fill their bodies with substances that they know will addict and eventually kill them.
The people of Flint were not addicted to the water and had every reason to believe that the substance that gives them life would be safe to drink based on public officials' statements. Drug dealers make no such statements.

While I'm sorry that the OP has to deal with the loss of a loved one, I do not feel sorry for the loved one...or any useless druggie. They are a drain on society and cause everyone they come into contact with pain and suffering. They lie, cheat, steal, and kill for their fix. If one was dying right in front of me and I could save them with Narcan, I'd step right over them and carry on.

Society coddles these useless bottom feeders and makes them think that their addiction is a "disease". If that's the case, then we could will-power away cancer. Far as I'm concerned, the herd is being culled from the weak and useless.

Again, I feel bad for you OP...but not for your son being so selfish and putting you through this.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join