It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Germans send Britain a Love Letter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The prominent Germans include leader of the Christian Democratic Union Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (Merkel's party) , former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann and a German punk rock singer , Campino (Who ?)

The letter reportedly spouts on about the horrors of WW2 , how great the EU is for us all and that if we do leave they won't forget us and will continue to write.... touching.

The letter finishes up with them gushing about what they will miss when (or if) we leave.

"Britain has become part of who we are as Europeans and therefore we would miss Britain.

"We would miss the legendary British black humour and going to the pub after work hours to drink an ale. We would miss tea with milk and driving on the left-hand side of the road. And we would miss seeing the panto at Christmas.

"But more than anything else, we would miss the British people - our friends across the Channel.

"Therefore Britons should know, from the bottom of our hearts, we want them to stay."
www.bbc.co.uk...

I hope they understand that we're not actually moving the island and they can still visit if they wish , we'll still be here where in the Channel we've always been , just follow the migrants !

Like any divorce we have the option to remain friends , and I hope we do.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That letter sounds just like a stalker boyfriend before he goes all batsh*t crazy!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What peaves me the most regarding this issue, is it seems nobody gives a polished turd about how the people voted.

Its like the vote to leave never happened and here Germany is openly ignoring it too.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well it looks like Europe could blink first (and i will then admit i was wrong about that!).

Still think the way forward is Britain, Netherlands, Germany, Poland and the Nordic nations forming our own union - would be far more successful! I would include the French but they are too militant for us Northern Europeans!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's good to know that when we leave the E.U. we still have some friends in Europe who will miss our money.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
please stay!(: but this letter is a little embarrassing.

edit on 18-1-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm not British, but this is all I can envision!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like the poms too - after all, they also like meat, beer and sports, but they sunburn easy and can't handle their piss too well (some of them), other than that, they're a society of people-persons...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Dude, those creepers are gonna be right there peering at you in the loo from a window in France.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, it isn’t really my business as I am in the U.S., but I would like to see all of the European nations take a step towards freedom and tell the EU to sod off. The idea of ceding the sovereignty of my nation to a group of ass clowns in Brussels makes me want to puke.

new topics

top topics

join