It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk government pays wind farms £111 million to stop producing electricity for the grid.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I have been interested in the Scottish Governments Green energy initiative in order to be 100% renewable energy by 2030.

So it is shocking to find out that the Government has paid over £111 million in the last year to stop producing electricity for the National Grid because according the the article the grid cant handle the energy!

So here we have the ability to produce a surplus of clean energy for the national grid and probably more than enough clean energy to power families homes in the UK for free.

Yet we have the government paying the the farms to stop

Wind farms paid 100 million to switch off

The national grid Plc is operated by
Sir Peter Gershon , well I dont think I really need to say more Peter Gershon

but a wee snippet from his wiki

Along with another former government adviser, Dr Martin Read, Gershon became a member of the Conservatives' Public Sector Productivity Advisory Board. In the run up to the 2010 General Election, this Board claimed that savings of £12 billion in spending could be collectively saved across all Government departments without affecting the quality of front line services. The body also claimed to have identified £6bn in efficiency savings which would allow the Conservatives to avoid the Labour Party's planned rises in National Insurance contributions in 2010

So the wind farms produce an abundance of energy that the "national grid" which it cant handle , so energy is being wasted and tax payers money too , and the energy companies reap in money.

I wouldnt be surprised if those energy companies give money to the tories or they get tax breaks !or owe the UK loads in taxes

conspiracy ? maybe not

free energy for the UK is waiting and we can sell the surplus to France through the channel cables!

What do you think ATS

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
same problems in holland aswell.. the networks cant handel the amount of energy
no conspiracy …. just stupidety !
gov's invest lots in solarpanels and wind ernergy but they never tinking further... saying A never thinking on B
couse all networks are sold out to privat investors and gov's are thinking that the networks are kneeling for gov.s

well politics wat else

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Aye , it's not exactly conspiracy , more like a move into monopoly at least that's how it all seems!

We have the ability to generate clean energy for the whole UK from Scotland alone , with our wind and wave
yet we waste so much energy , and that could be sold as surplus to the EU through france

Its mental !

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

They could subsidize all the electric bills for every hospital in the UK. Think how much that could help the NHS.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And dont forget how they killed off solar energy.

Houses actually produced electricity and selling it back to national grid. Including me. We actually making money out of it. It went viral.. firms starting to offer free solar panels and pay monthly from the money you made it from solar panals..

What the government did? They cut the selling price right down.. much lesser then buying price. to the point you cant make any let alone paying off for the solar panals. And government starts investing billions on windfarms run by multi billion cooperations.

To be honest?? Wtf is going on? Are they taking the pi$$?

edit on 17-1-2019 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

They could subsidize all the electric bills for every hospital in the UK. Think how much that could help the NHS.

Don’t worry.. soon as we leave EU, we get that 350 million quid get diverted in to NHS in weekly bases.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I wonder if this is connected the new news this morning that one of our nuclear stations is cutting jobs.

You know less renewables, use nuclear keep the station open

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The article lays out that it's a network system security constraint that forces the windfarm output to be reduced. A lot of factors come into the calculation like transmission line ratings, effects of a single failure (network or generation) and how stable system frequency will be in the event of any failure etc

So the windfarms are being constrained through no fault of their own and they're receiving compensation for it is how I see it. I'll presume that the generation and transmission are separate companies which is the standard model for energy grid systems.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Sickening. I think this is a well hidden in the open conspiracy where government, their advisors and corporate interests work together to maintain their own stupidity.

The availability of free energy in a country where government policy creates choices for people to either eat or heat and where some inevitably fail and end up on the streets? That UK govt plc has decided the best course of action is not to take the opportunity to help and protect the vulnerable, not create savings for the taxpayer, not to protect small businesses facing extortionate running costs, not to protect the planet against further carbon erosion but rather spend the public purse protecting the larger energy suppliers interests, those corporations' contracts with other corporate entities that supply them and protect their own long term tax planning at 5% on each unit sold demonstrates the abject inhumanity of government.

I know government see things differently, but as a taxpayer, I own those windfarms! And I want to see that energy used to reduce costs to the consumer. I had a look at these people's www.taxpayersalliance.com... webpage to see if they have picked up on this issue, they haven't. I want the windfarms to feed the grid and power costs to come down and if that reduces the power companies' profit margins and shareholder interests, then tough; people and planet first.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

I am old enough to remember hospitals that were *hospitals* in as much as

they treated the patient and had selected times for visitors.

NOW

hospitals are akin to business visitors 16 hours per day?

Food/cafe franchises,

shop/newspapers/books on sale,

parking charges,

A lot of business's and money making on the side of health issues????

Makes one wonder why the NHS is always needing more money the parking

charges and therefor profits on that alone are mindblowing........

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The UK government may be taking the lead as one of the most corrupt and ruined governments of all time.

Good luck UK

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thats conservatives for you..

Labour brought in minimum wages. Conservatives countered it with zero hours contracts. £2.50 apprenticeship. Resulting 45 year old learning to make kebabs in Ahmeds kebab shop as apprentice. and everyone have job in books but noone being payed..

But hey.. you took your country back..

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is hogwash…

You bet it is “calculated conspiracy” at it best!!! Lack of energy and they’ll nag about no capacity, excess of it, then they’ll nag about no capacity again..! Never ending story..

Lol…

Even 3rd world countries grid systems can switch “ON&OFF” easily from “export to import and back ..on demand” in seconds.

Added: What stops the U.K to “export” when there are “EXCESS” of it ..???

edit on 17 1 2019 by Qboneq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

This is absolutely shocking, the wind farms in question are owned by large private energy companies who are paid by the national grid to shut down which in turn pass on this payment to the tax payers. Talk about money for nothing!

I understand the claim that the infrastructure can’t cope with the extra energy produced but why aren’t they shutting down coal fired power plants instead? You know the polluting ones? Also how is it the extra energy and payments has increased so much over the last 5 years?

Last year £108 million was paid in constraint payments while in 2012 only 6 million was paid. Have the amount of turbines increased so much in the last 5 years to produce all this extra unneeded electricity and if so didn’t anyone notice back in 2012 that these extra turbines weren’t necessary if that is the case?

There is definitely a scandal here and perhaps a conspiracy to rip off the tax payer which ever way you look at it something stinks.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Get paid for doing nothing, thats the future for everyone!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

I work in apprenticeship not sure what you are alluding to, the minimum starting wage is £3.70 per hour, This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year of their apprenticeship.

And when did we ever lose the country?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

These flipping IDIOTS!

These azzhats need to start building battery banks. WTH?

They don't know how to build banks of batteries?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Pandaram

I work in apprenticeship not sure what you are alluding to, the minimum starting wage is £3.70 per hour, This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year of their apprenticeship.

And when did we ever lose the country?

I think when you guys got Sharia law and a London Mayor who apparently approves on some level of the evil and very shi&*# sharia. We have states committed to Sharia or close to being havens for it anyway in the US.

Even the freedom loving black women of the South have some who are into Sharia. I find that hard to believe they would submit to any white man's religion that says you can beat your wife or approve of slaves, but it is the facts.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I am as perplexed as everyone else, I think there is a scandal here , someone is pocketing all this extra cash !

and it's all linked to the #in tories!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I am as perplexed as everyone else, I think there is a scandal here , someone is pocketing all this extra cash !

and it's all linked to the #in tories!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join