It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it were the Northern U.S. border?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
People pouring across the border illegally. Demands for a Wall. Accusations of Racism because of a desire to protect our own borders from illegal crossings. WHAT IF.... it were people pouring across the Northern border illegally. White people, maybe they speak French instead of Spanish. Is it racist to want to protect our own borders regardless of where the crossers come from? Would there be accusations then? Why can't Americans be allowed to protect our borders where and when we want without being "Racist"? That makes us too easy of targets, as though standing up for our laws was wrong, as though our tax dollars going to school, house, offer healthcare, and allow to get drivers licenses, even vote now in some areas, these people that are purposely flaunting our laws for whatever reason they may have. I can sympathize, but we offer legal ways to come here, and coming here illegally is a slap in the face of those that do come here legally, on top of the rest of us. Yeah, right now it is the Southern border, but is that the point?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

It's not a racial issue at all.

Anyone who believes that is drinking some funky liberal kool-aid. Calling someone a racist these days has practically lost its meaning. It's the adult equivalent

--er, maybe 'adult' is the wrong word--

it's the SJW equivalent of calling someone a big meanie poopy-head!

edit on 16-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well it's not the Northern Border so what difference at this point does it make.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have to cross the border to know who's in it

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

If it was the northen border we would temporarily shut down all the bowling alleys and ban beer sales so they would go back home on their own volition.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Why do people think this is a logical argument? There isn't an issue with the northern border, and therefore no need to fix something that isn't broken.

What if spiders grew to the size of a house and started eating people?

My question is as valid as yours...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It is that there is 700 million south of the border and 95% live in poverty or extreme poverty and many see America as their golden ticket. It is not about race it is about numbers...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think a more apt what if scenario is what if the South was allowed to secede from the Union in 1860 and successfully became their own country? And fast forward to present day and that southern state wasn't as well-off as their Union neighbors. So many of those people from that struggling southern nation began illegally migrating to the Union in droves. Except many of these people, just as today with the south, tended to be conservative and vote for the Republican party.

Now ask yourself, which party do you think would be against these immigrants illegally coming into the union and which party do you suppose would be against it?

That is what this is all about. Nothing more, nothing less. One political party feverishly trying to grab power and another desperately trying to hold onto power.

And Joe Blow citizen is in favor of whatever he thinks gives their side more control. Yay team! Go Politics!!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

The Canadian's would probably be cheering except for a few contraband smugglers but they would still make the US pay for it and still demand there land back.
Hey I hear them from over here "Those yank's are crazy always shooting one another it's worse than when your mother and sister come around and you all start arguing after drinking a few glasses of wine".

Seriously and NOT joking of course the US has tried protectionism in the past and how did it work out back then?.

edit on 16-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Even though you are creating a disingenuos straw man argument I will respond. This is an issue of sovereignty. No borders equals no country. I would expect anyone coming to our country to respect it enough to follow the rule of law.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's a fair argument but I would ask you this, who own's this world, WHAT is the ONLY legitimate government that mankind rejected, who own's that land and did not your own ancestors STEAL it, murder and rape those whom were there and take what was there's for there own without ANY justification whatsoever from God despite a plethora of false prophet's proclaiming a manifest destiny.

And what type of nation are you living in when your own government has allowed a bunch of despicable evil minded perverted child abusing devil worshippers to put a statue to the devil up in it? (of course there are many more of them than just that sect you would be surprised just how many of your senator's are actually not good men).

A house is a house, you come into my house and steal from me I am going to be extremely angry but land that was there long before you and shall be there long after if a bit more polluted do you really own it, can you or did some of those old plain's Indian's have it right it is the land that own's you or at least your body and not the other way around.

Now I agree with you that you have to stop the migration but you know there is only ONE single way that will actually succeed in that and it is not by turning your country into a hermetically sealed jar (though it would help to limit the spread of the coming plagues to do so and for that reason it is actually a good idea as well to tighten up your borders), it is by giving those people hope in there own nation OR by sending them all back en mass to those country's they came from and if you do that were do you stop, after all most of your people are actually migrant's are they not.

In fact you may have more in common with some of these migrant's than you do with your countrymen whom may be even if they are the same tone of skin as you very ethnically different to you and from different cultures to your own ancestry.

Historically the US was at it's greatest like all empires ONLY when it was expanding and welcoming new people's into it, that flow of people created ghetto's and poverty but it also created wealth, drove industry and created a need for expansion and in fact there is plenty of room in the US for you to build new city's - the problem is culture and language but as your south American population are almost all speaking Spanish or in some cases Portuguese in various dialects WHICH is nothing new to the us but is actually going to change your culture into a majority Spanish speaking culture EVEN if trump build's his wall and was impossible though it is able to stop all migration.

Meanwhile Canada has fared rather better BUT since the US economy is in turmoil it may see mass migration from the states and illegal crossing's there begin to increase, in fact that is a definite future if not already happening today.

Were fairly lucky over here as we have a big puddle of water around our nation but you know migrant's use boat's as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh no seeking a better life in America!

Isn't that the whole point of the romantic idea of America?

Anyways, although the numbers from the southern boarder are rather high, it's at least understandable as to why.
But most illegals aren't coming from the southern boarder at all, they are from other places including Canada.

LINK

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

who own's that land and did not your own ancestors STEAL it, murder and rape those whom were there and take what was there's for there own without ANY justification whatsoever

No.

My ancestors legally immigrated to this country in the 1920s and 1930s from Germany. They learned the language, embraced the culture and became productive members of society all while obeying the existing laws of our great nation.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
What “northern border”..??Actually, technically, ethnically and racially are all “American in disguise”…

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Old tried attempt at facts.

Post a real source and the sources source please.

Apprehended illegals crossing the border is not the same as known persons overstaying visas for just plain elementary reasons.

I'm mean really?

Mg

edit on 16-1-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2019 by missed_gear because: damn phone

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Nice strawman argument. Theres links and sources throughout the entire article. Maybe click them and do your own research.

It's also nice to see that you acknowledged what the OP is saying. Nice.
edit on 16-1-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: LABTECH767

who own's that land and did not your own ancestors STEAL it, murder and rape those whom were there and take what was there's for there own without ANY justification whatsoever

No.

My ancestors legally immigrated to this country in the 1920s and 1930s from Germany. They learned the language, embraced the culture and became productive members of society all while obeying the existing laws of our great nation.

I bet they didn't. Like most people back then, they just hopped on a ship and away they went and got sorted once they got here.

Also, what culture is the US? It has no set culture other than ability to be free and not be persecuted for your beliefs. Or lack there of. It's just a land of freedom and laws, that's it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
We get a lot of invaders from Canada. People come from all around the world to Canada to try and enter the United States illegally. In Michigan we have the busiest border crossing with Canada in the country. We have border patrol all over the place including the coast guard. We have cameras all up and down our water ways. I've been fishing on the great lakes for 35 years. I see the border patrol every time I'm out. If I accidentally cross into Canadian waters chances are I'm going to have to explain myself. But I don't do it because I don't want the hassle. I stay away from crossing into Canada. Most of us know better. They've caught Chinese people running across the Detroit river in the winter in sub zero temps with no shoes and no coats. Smugglers pull up to the river in a car and say there's America go for it. The great lakes coastline is larger then the east coast and west coat of America combined. The Canadian border is massive. There's no way you're going to wall off
Mexico let alone Canada. A lot of people in Michigan came from Canada illegally. All this talk of a wall with Mexico is nothing but Trump trying to rally his moron followers.
edit on 16-1-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The German migration which I must add included people from all German speaking country's and during much of that time so called Germany was actually several distinct country's that shared a common language but had borders between them.

Actually the largest European contingent in the US originated in those nation's and in fact there were so many poor German's often with Sallow (yellowish or tanned) skin getting off the migrant boats that even as far back as the day's of the founding fathers some of them were concerned that they would lose there English American identity as a result of this.
Notably old Franklin was non too keen on German's going over to join the English settlers - he also did not like the Italian's, French and Spanish or indeed just about anyone that was NOT English - in fact one could surmise under the argument of Interpretation of Law that the founding document's and constitution of the US did not mean free religion at all but free religion for all ENGLISH migrant's to the US though that would be a very horny subject for you to research.
qz.com...

Hey We Brit's are also you know at least half - along the male lineage - Saxon and you know what country Saxony is in now don't you?, turned out though that those old Celtic lady's with there flame red or golden blond hair and blue, various shades of hazel and brown or green eye's were quite attractive so despite the men coming here from Saxony, Denmark and of course Scandinavia they tended to marry the local girl's - and the Norman's to a great degree continued that tradition.

Sorry another edit, I must also inform you that the German's themselves despite the right wing hysteria that plagued the peoples of the German speaking world throughout much of the twentieth century (and the heinous crime's and tragedy's that caused) are actually NOT a pure bred race they too are made up of migrant's, take a look at a stereotypical Bavarian male as portrayed on some antique Stein mug's (got quite a few myself), they are usually portrayed as stocky, round faces with wide set narrow eye's and high cheek bone's just like someone with strong Mongoloid ancestry may have despite there equal stereotype of blond hair and blue eye's (Bavarian woman can be quite beautiful - can be I say like anywhere), the reason is as you know that the Germanic tribe's were conquered by the HUN's and the Hun's are now mostly if not universally accepted as having most likely originated in Mongolia or Western China, Celtic culture originated also in the land you may see as today called Germany south of the Rhein.

edit on 16-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

If it was a Northern Border wall, surely it would have to be like the White Wall in Game of Thrones? Because otherwise, every winter, those damn sneaky Cannucks would simply hop over when the snow builds up...........

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join