It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: eletheia

When you say 'Unpaid" Do you mean she does it voluntarily or the HNS simply don't pay her a penny whilst shes in training?

She's a university student and after the first year of theory it is part

of the course that she is in 'placements. During these placements they

are mentored in the actual work place.

The NHS I suppose look on it that she is not 'employed' by them?

Forced voluntarily?

edit on 18-3-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Come on mate.....taking one knobhead MEP and trying to portray him as representative of all Brexit supporters really is a stretch.

He thinks we should stay in the single market and customs union.
So in my opinion, he is more of a Remainer anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Watching closely how the few *real leavers* are being painted into a corner by the

*imposter leaver* how the options have been whittled down to only two options

her cr4p deal or REMAIN .......

Where did that one come from

1. No deal is better than a bad deal

2. Nothings changed

3. Nothings agreed till everythings agreed

4. Its MY deal or NO deal

5. Its MY deal or NO BREXIT

WHAT HAPPENED TO NO DEAL? .......

CAUGHT TRAPPED PAINTED INTO A CORNER SMOKE & MIRRORS.../smh

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Problem is that there will not be a "no deal" unless the EU refuse to extend article 50. The EU won't do that because the UK will be a cash-cow, i.e. "stay in and pay". So, the UK stays in for a bit. The EU don't budge. Wind on a couple of months and we have a second referendum, as engineered by the majority of the MPs who want to stay in the EU. They'll say "it's the only way to break the deadlock".

The questions on the referendum have already been widely disclosed. It'll not be a binary decision, but possibly three options... Given that Corbyn is now a quiet supporter of a second referendum...

1. Stay in the EU
2. Go hard Brexit
3. Go Deal on the table

2 and 3 will break the Brexit vote, thus 1 will be selected EVEN if 2 and 3 are in the majority.

Smugness all around. "The people have voted" they will say, "and they voted to remain in the EU". Big giggles and group hugs. Questionable democracy, but he EU does not believe in democracy really, so that's OK. Clearly many MPs also have a problem with democracy, but they'll reflect on that and ensure no more referenda, except of course for the Scots because they're special.

The next General Election - when it comes - will return us back to the same-old-same-old.

edit on 18/3/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Any referendum should be a simple either/or question and not a multiple choice selection.
The only options asked in any second referendum must be;
1. Government recommended deal.
2. No Deal.

Staying in the EU must not be an option.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Any referendum should be a simple either/or question and not a multiple choice selection.
2. No Deal.

Staying in the EU must not be an option.

The referendum is being pushed by Remainers hence their insistance on May's deal v remain.
It's the only way they are guaranteed to win as Andrew Neill pointed out on this week.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

2. No Deal.

The questions for the referendum will ensure the British don't reiterate the decision to leave. Why risk it? There's a reason why the Remainers want another referendum. Having "Revoke the last decision and stay in the loving EU" will be on the paper - whether we like it, or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Which is why Brexit supporters must insist that Remain is not an option on a second referendum.
Brexit supporters need to unite and put pressure on all concerned....we can't allow this sell-out to occur.

The UK allowed the EU to dictate terms of the negotiations.
Brexit supporters are now allowing Remainers to determine the terms of our leaving the EU.

We need to get on the front foot and start setting the tone and narrative instead of letting the tail wag the dog.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Problem is that there will not be a "no deal" unless the EU refuse to extend article 50. The EU won't do that because the UK will be a cash-cow, i.e. "stay in and pay". So, the UK stays in for a bit. The EU don't budge. Wind on a couple of months and we have a second referendum, as engineered by the majority of the MPs who want to stay in the EU. They'll say "it's the only way to break the deadlock".

I agree with that, only the EU is talking about as long as a two year extension,

and being required to provide MEP's which if we were leaving we would not

require? and thats precisely how they have got their second referendums in the

past.

There is no doubt that we have been STICHED UP and by our own, and to rub

salt into the wound ....... The EU is STILL DICTATING OUR TERMS as it

is they dictating the terms as in what we can and can't do

The questions on the referendum have already been widely disclosed. It'll not be a binary decision, but possibly three options... Given that Corbyn is now a quiet supporter of a second referendum...
1. Stay in the EU
2. Go hard Brexit
3. Go Deal on the table
2 and 3 will break the Brexit vote, thus 1 will be selected EVEN if 2 and 3 are in the majority.

All very well choregraphted to give the illusion its what we wanted.

Smugness all around. "The people have voted" they will say, "and they voted to remain in the EU". Big giggles and group hugs. Questionable democracy, but he EU does not believe in democracy really, so that's OK. Clearly many MPs also have a problem with democracy, but they'll reflect on that and ensure no more referenda, except of course for the Scots because they're special.

And when thats all done and dusted will it be the *Charlemagne Prize* for

Theresa May for her work for the EU as the past EU leaders?

1999 *Tony Blair

2006 *Jean Claude Juncker

2008 *Angela Merkle

2010 *Donald Tusk

2014 * Herman Van Rompey

2015 *Martin Schultz

2018 *Emmanuel Macron

*Theresa May ?????? for services to the EU

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Good point except parliament and the man are full of remainers.
Leavers are pretty much disenfranchised in this.

Might turn out good in the end though if enough people get sufficiently furious about it and how the system doesn't just fail us but actively holds us down.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Good point except parliament and the man are full of remainers.

Which is at the very core of the problem.

On the one hand we have the establishment, political elites etc who are all Remainers.
On the other hand we have the majority of the people who are Brexiteers.

60% of constituencies vote to leave the EU.
80% of MP's want to stay in the EU.

A clear disparity which obviously shows just how unrepresentative our system actually is.

We've allowed the Remainers and the supporters of the status quo to take the lead in all negotiations and they've controlled the narrative and tone of the message spewed out by MSM.

How do 'we' take control at such a late stage?
I honestly don't know....but I do believe we've failed miserably.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Question:

Why are the votings in parliament always against leaving?

My theory: the leavers on this board are wrong, the majority of voters in the UK are pro-EU (or at least against leaving) and the MP's know this and are afraid losing their candidacy in the next terms if their voters are vocally unhappy with them.

This is a circus with far too many clowns in the arena, in my opinion. LEAVE OR STAY.

BTW: the Polands and Rumanians have left the UK in large numbers, I just read. Instead of them, Indians and Pakistanis have relocated to fill in the now empty jobs in 100,000s. A zero-sum-game, it seems. EDIT: Source
edit on 18 3 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

How do 'we' take control at such a late stage?
I honestly don't know....but I do believe we've failed miserably.

I would say that we have been failed, let down, and screwed by those we

elected to represent us. We trusted (misplaced) that they were there to

do what the 'people decreed.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

And lets not forget who failed you after being on the front page pro-leave:

N. Farage.
B. Johnson.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Question:

Because parliament is majority remainers BUT the people are leavers.

My theory: the leavers on this board are wrong, the majority of voters in the UK are pro-EU (or at least against leaving) and the MP's know this and are afraid losing their candidacy in the next terms if their voters are vocally unhappy with them.

The result of the referendum says otherwise .... the people's majority

was leave which dosen't line up with your theory!

This is a circus with far too many clowns in the arena, in my opinion. LEAVE OR STAY.

It sure is.

LEAVE OR STAY Thats exactly what we want, and LEAVE is what the majority

voted for, but that dosen't suit our leaders OR the EU who dont want to lose

their 'cash cow'

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It looks like Brexiteer MP's now have a choice to either back May's deal or face the prospect of not leaving. Rees-Mogg seems to be thinking about backing the deal and the DUP seem to be wavering now, too.

Sick to death of the lot of them, really.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

And lets not forget who failed you after being on the front page pro-leave:

N. Farage.
B. Johnson.

Farage was/is not in government so he cannot be blamed .... I personally

would have voted for him to lead us out of the EU rather than the shower

thats failing us so badly now.

Johnson doesn't impress me, he is not on my voting radar.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Nigel Farage is a one-trick pony.

Boris Johnson was/is a Remainer who only chose to represent the Brexit campaign in order to increase his own public profile and as part of his 'plan' to become Primie Minister.
He is typical of the political elite who treat the UK people with utter disregard and contempt.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

My theory: the leavers on this board are wrong, the majority of voters in the UK are pro-EU (or at least against leaving) and the MP's know this and are afraid losing their candidacy in the next terms if their voters are vocally unhappy with them

As explained above; 60% of constituencies voted to leave the EU, 80% of MP's support remaining.

Our party political system and parliamentary procedures are no longer fit for purpose and are unrepresentative.
We need urgent and radical reform of them all.

I don't think you'll find too many people disagree with you.
Its a complete farce and no-one involved has come out of it without being viewed with utter contempt by the general public.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Nigel Farage is a one-trick pony.

Boris Johnson was/is a Remainer who only chose to represent the Brexit campaign in order to increase his own public profile and as part of his 'plan' to become Primie Minister.
He is typical of the political elite who treat the UK people with utter disregard and contempt.

I think too that Johnson was the ideal choice as it suited the remainers to have one of their own in charge rather than a true Brexiteer.

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join