It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But you wanting to Remain in the EU is in accordance with the political elites, establishment and the status quo they wish to maintain.

There was an opportunity to reform the system you suppose to hate yet you still advocate supporting their Remain agenda and the status quo.

We continue arguing because people refuse to accept the result of a democratic ballot and choose to play along with their games of divide and rule.

If we fail to come out of the EU or accept a heavily diluted Brexit then we should give up all pretence of being a democracy and just continue letting those you say you hate manipulate and control us for their own ends with impunity.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes, that's what this is about when you strip away all else.

Do you want more layers of less accountable power structure controlling you and your descendents lives, or less.

Taking power away from the plebs into the hands of an enlightened 'benign bureaucracy' is a point of view. It's the point of view at the core of EU thought and manifests in how they talk and act. It's all based on the premise it's needed as the 20th century shows national populations just can't be trusted with decision making. I don't accept that and never will.

Enough of the British population feels this instinctively even if they can't articulate it, that's why the establishment failed to win the vote despite using the full force of national and international propaganda power.

They can't argue positively and honestly the EU case as its very purpose, stated honestly, is why we don't like it.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I don't trust Westminster and i don't trust Tories Freeborn, hook line and sinker.

Can't see why we should swap a shower of tyrannical bastards 650 odd miles distant for another, well know and dodgy beyond believe self-serving set of nefarious swine only 450 miles away, which is what it amounts to really.

We know there track record already, i don't want the Tories to have free reign to rain down there created austerity even more whilst claiming it was the will of the people through Brexit which is what will most lightly happen.

We don't live in a democracy per-say, pretense or otherwise the UK is a ""parliamentary democracy"" under a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch is the head of state. Operative words being "Under" and "head".

Democracy is illusory, quite simple really.

edit on 3-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I don't trust Westminster and i don't trust Tories Freeborn.

Neither do I....nor do I trust Labour.

Can't see why we should swap a shower of tyrannical bastards 650 odd miles distant for another, well know and dodgy beyond believe self-serving set of nefarious swine only 450 miles away, which is what it amounts to really.

But you're not advocating anything other than maintaining the status quo.
Westminster stays the same as do our electoral and parliamentary procedures.
And the unelected EU Commissars maintain their power and control.

We had an opportunity to begin reforming the whole rotten system that it is.....but instead people chose to ignore a ballot and opted to continue arguing and advocate maintaining the status quo....because that's all Remain is.
Nothing will change if we Remain in the EU....well nothing good, we'll still have the march towards the EU Superstate and the removal of any semblance of devolved power.

We know there track record already, i don't want the Tories to have free reign to rain down there created austerity even more whilst claiming it was the will of the people through Brexit which is what will most lightly happen.

I really don't get how you can associate Brexit with Austerity.
Where does that come from?

Your supporting the status quo may well enable The Tories to impose even more unnecessary punitive austerity measures.

We don't live in a democracy per-say, pretence or otherwise the UK is a ""parliamentary democracy"" under a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch is the head of state. Operative words being "Under" and "head".

Does it matter if we live in a democracy when so many people are willing to overturn and ignore the result of a democratic ballot?

Yet instead of working together to change the current system you choose to support it and its suppression of democracy.

Democracy is illusory, quite simple really.

Definitely.
So why don't you help try to change things instead of enabling things to stay the same?

edit on 3/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I associate Brexit and austerity with Tory rule.

Just as i also associate our current homelessness predicament with Tory policies.

Put it that way.

You know what it takes to topple the status quo, and im sure you are also aware of the price our civilization would have to do pay.

Change is inevitable with or without my input.

What does the same amount too?

Because to me Brexit will simply amount to a return to the same.

How do you change that, what do we swap that out for?

Labors no help, that's a given.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: fakedirt

The problem is this nations leadership hierarchy has been sick and subverted for quite some time i suppose.

'corporate considerations over societies needs has revealed this malady.'

And nothing is being done, has been done, or will be done anytime soon to alleviate nor remedy the situation.

'time, pressure and will are required to change anything that can be changed.'

outside the box that is, may i ask if you have prepared in any way, shape or form for any potential interruptions that may manifest that will directly effect you and your kin?

regards fakedirt.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Aye, ive decided which fat bastard Tory MP and other politicians to roast over an open fire should things get really bad, if thats what you are asking. LoL

Start with the inept Mrs Sturgeon and SNP mob up here and work my way down to the likes of May, Boris, Farage and there ilk is my thinking on the matter.

Need to be really, really hungry all the same.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

lol well if you plan on eating politicians i think sick buckets across the room in case of rejection by the body. check out all potential edible suits beforehand for gout and other mainly elite diseases.

i'll ask again. what prep have you personally carried out?

f.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Eat them before they eat you first pal.

On a more serious note with the size of the UK and the population densities where our major towns and cities are concerned.

If things go really pear-shaped i would do the off with the Mrs and kids.

Ive got a sharp axe, compass, warm clothing, and a propensity to take what i want from anyone less weaker than myself.

To stay put is to invite the inevitable, especially in a town or city.

Fluidity and the ability to be on the move and blend in are the key.

Never get that bad all the same. LoL

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Perhaps, but with the exception that laws will once again be made in the UK and with proper scrutiny. That's important to some people.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Aye, the rich and people that make the laws i imagine.

The rest of us just follow them or pay the price.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

'Ive got a sharp axe, compass, warm clothing,'

nice one. no dweller should be without.

'and a propensity to take what i want from anyone less weaker than myself.'

perfect public school mandate on how to rule over piss ants lol!

f.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Austerity yes, that goes without saying.
Brexit?
Most Tory MP's are Remainers....and the Tory government has done its utmost to scupper Brexit.

Just as i also associate our current homelessness predicament with Tory policies.

Our current homelessness predicament is down to a succession of administrations policies, including Blair and Brown.

You know what it takes to topple the status quo, and im sure you are also aware of the price our civilization would have to do pay.

No pain, no gain.

One things for certain, remaining in the EU will not facilitate any sort of positive change and will only serve to maintain the status quo you allegedly detest.

Change is inevitable with or without my input.

But what sort of change?
Personally I've seen very little evidence of any change for the good in my lifetime....I have no reason to believe remaining in the EU and accepting things as they are will help change that.

How come?
Surely remaining in the EU and nothing changing means 'a return to the same'?
By definition that's exacly what Remain is.

Labors no help, that's a given.

By working together instead of bickering would be a good starting point.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Edit: Ment to say "take what i want from anyone not weaker than myself." LoL

No sport in it otherwise you see.

Plus if you dont ken right from wrong what the fecking point? LoL

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The Tory government has done its utmost to scupper Brexit any sort of tangible Brexit.

To me, Brexit, especially a hard Brexit seems like a return to Thatcherism.

Ile take the EU over milk thieves every time.

Im sure "They" will just knock something else all the same. LoL

People will never work together whilst the division remains where monies and power are concerned because they are not together.

Brexit will only serve to enlarge the social divide amongst our people as far as i can see, especially in the short term.

I need to go play Monopoly with the kids for a while, i promised. Check back later.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Edit: Ment to say "take what i want from anyone not weaker than myself." LoL

No sport in it otherwise you see.

Plus if you dont ken right from wrong what the fecking point? LoL

and in that scenario i do hope you are fully at ease with escape and evasion tactics should a greater force than you presents itself. mouths to feed and shelter from various elements requires planning and preparation to prevent piss poor performance.

f

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Aye, the rich and people that make the laws i imagine.

Not all politicians and civil servants are are rich and self-serving. Besides, making laws is transparent and you could actually influence via your MP if you so desired. Laws, directives and other things coming from the EU had no such scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Please remind me who was in power when the banks failed?

Just a reminder when the new coalition government got in to this

Liam Byrne, chief secretary to the Treasury under Gordon Brown, left a note for his successor

I’m afraid there is no money.’
Liam Byrne

In reality, it wasn’t like that. The final years of Gordon Brown’s government were tough.
His leadership of Britain and the G20 at the London summit stopped the collapse of Lehman Brothers triggering a global depression – But the recession slashed Treasury tax receipts by over £40bn, forcing us to borrow to keep public services on the go and get Britain back on its feet. And because the deficit was big, the responsible thing to do was draw up a long-term plan to cut spending.

^^^^That was when austerity began^^^^ and that was a labour government

Or did you conveniently forget that?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We should just leave with a no deal, kick out Scotland of the Union build up our forces invade Scotland again and the invade the EU and take it all Mahahahahahaha Mahahahahahahahaha.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

nay, nay and thrice nay!

you will incur the wrath of the uplanders and glen-leapers of hen.
they in turn will assault parts unseen by sol with type-49 thistles.

the shame and the horror....the horror!

f.

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join