It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many people think aliens would invade?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've been wondering why a majority of people believe that if and when aliens make their presence known to everyone on Earth it would be in some form of an invasion. I mean think about it, if we (as a race, not a country) were to travel to another world would our first objective be to invade it. With all their years of advanced evolution and technology you would think aliens would have realized that war helps absolutley no one.

Just a thought, many opinions appreciated.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't agree. You can't have peace between different races, as the most advanced will try to exploit the more vulnerable and the more vulnerable will try to put their hands on the technology of the more advanced one.

If aliens show up, that means there are big changes ahead.

The fact that the US government denies the existence of Aliens and UFOs means that they exist and that they are a huge threat to the existence of the government itself.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I've been wondering why a majority of people believe that if and when aliens make their presence known to everyone on Earth it would be in some form of an invasion. I mean think about it, if we (as a race, not a country) were to travel to another world would our first objective be to invade it. With all their years of advanced evolution and technology you would think aliens would have realized that war helps absolutley no one.

Just a thought, many opinions appreciated.

I don't think thats their intent, yet. They may not even have any concept of war. Their culture may be one that doesn't accept violence. Lets think about it for a while. If they are millions of years more advanced than us, that obviously means that they haven't found a way to erradicate eachother. They've been able to live in "peace" throughout their existance. Perhaps they don't have any weapons either.

The main reason why I think they are here is for knowledge. Knowledge of who they are, who we are, and where we stand in the universe. I think any intellectual being has a desire to pursue the unknown and find our beginnings.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Most who think that they will invade is most likely due to what is portrayed in the media.

Here's something to think about. Do aliens see humans as special, as compared to the other myriad life on this planet that we reside on?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My belief on "aliens" is that they are or have something to do with the fallen angels that rebelled against God. They know approximately how much time they have left before God places them in their final place of judgement. They would/will come to deceive mankind. To make ineffective those who follow Christ and keep as many away from Jesus as possible. They already do this though not openly enough to be common knowledge.
I don't know if they will come under the guise of friend or openly as foe or both. But their mission is to deceive and corrupt mankind and seduce as many as possible into rejecting Christ.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yes in the media its always been portrayed as aliens attacking earth but i dont think there here if they are for that reason. To learn or expriement on our planet i could see as a reason maybe then if their is reason to attack but why come so far just to wipe out a planet wouldn't they learn from us that war is not an answer. Its the media that give people skewed versions of aliens either they think that aliens will attack us if they do anything or that they don't exist and with such a vast amount of space id think they would.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If your wondering about this subject seriously "Would aliens attack earth/humans/way of life".

The fact that there is evidence they helped build: Many ancient structures (ex:pyramids), also that they apparently helped cultures in the past (building i assume). And that those abducted are returned suggests they are not hostile, if they had the means they could of engaged us centuries ago when are weapons were not as advanced.

There probabley curious, similar to how an ornothologist is curious about birds (for an example).

Although some people say "OMG there so incredibly smart they probabley consider us on the level of pets".

I don't believe that to be the case. They may be more technologically advanced, but it doesnt mean they consider us less capable.

Vorta

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They need us for some reason, or want something from us...if they wanted to destroy us, they could of done in biblical times....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think most of the negativity has been fed to us by Hollywood. It seems like most of the films are almost always about Aliens with hostile intent. Granted, there may be hostile races out there, but I think if any of them wanted to destroy us, they would have by now.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

They need us for some reason, or want something from us...if they wanted to destroy us, they could of done in biblical times....

Perhaps....

Then again, maybe not...

Without knowing the precise details of how they get here, it's really hard to know if they COULD invade, even if that was their goal... For example, if they use some kind of recurring wormhole, or other means that is dependent on cycled variables, perhaps they couldn't even field a sufficient quantity of ships in a given cycle? And that's just ONE such example.

We DO know (or suspect) that they are trying to remain secretive, and are abducting people against their will. This does NOT point to a benevolent purpose... I doubt it's invasion, but I doubt we'll like their agenda either....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i doubt aliens from another civilizations would come to earth and attack us for no apparent reason or for monetary gains or the likes

i believe they're here for one reason and one reason only. they're just curious
for the exact same reason why we send rockets out to mars
if we discovered an inferior race on mars, would we send out a full scale attack on them just because we can? of course not

aliens just wanna see whats goin on here. maybe collect a few samples here and there.
a little probing never hurt anyone
except maybe for the dude getting probed...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It isn't think it's hope. It's all about excitement on one part and on the other people just are so miserable they want to see anything bring new world leadership.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The people are fed what to believe by those who want them to believe that, instead of what is actual.

None of the races that visit Earth, or any advanced races, war. Nor do they have famine or rampant diseases. Our own leading nations depend on the suffering of humanity to gain the power and money that they run our world on.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This may be a stretch, but it is, after all, my own little paranoia...

I feel aliens will come back, and try to wrestle control of this orb, only in the sense that they need us. As slaves, a physical army, whatever... they need us to gain in their own power.

Why? Why do I feel this, this specific reasoning?

I think that our gods and dieties, from all cultures and myths and religions, are aliens. God-like, sure, but aliens none the less.

If you've ever looked into shamanism, it is our beliefs that give the spirits power; would it not make sense if you include in that statement, "if enough people believe in something, it'll happen?" Our religious beliefs, therefore, would give them power. It could be a mystical force, or it could be something along the lines of the g'ould (?) in StarGate. A power base is a power base.

Or it could be along the lines of a labor slave race. Sumerian myths can attest to that.

Look into any myth or belief system, and you will see that the 'gods' created us to serve them, to worship them. There was a rebellion, we gained our 'freedom', and the 'gods' vowed to return to reclaim us.

Hmm... I guess my paranoia doesn't sound that far fetched afterall...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
OH maybe its cause they seem to be doing recon intel gathering on OUR nuke bases and storage bases, army bases, trying to dodge our radars, studying our airports, nuke stations etc etc they dont seem to friendly to me???

[edit on 7-3-2005 by blobby]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If i may suggest, i believe Intolerance will never die, not here and possibly not out there, if were are seen as nothing more then filth to them, i mean look at what our spieces has done to its own, black people, women the list continues, if they see us in such a way, maybe it would be a way of cleaning their new teritory of us "human filth"

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
this may seem far fetched but dont you think the aliens work looks like espionage and trying to brainwash the minds of some earth people in order to gain their trust and support when the final conflict comes?

this new age / space brothers stuff seems like people who were abducted and brainwashed by them. the aliens have their support if / when the conflict occurs.

i think abductions are just a first wave of a possible future invasion.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They could have had their way with us like a child with a lollypop or a puppy if that was their intent.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I've been wondering why a majority of people believe that if and when aliens make their presence known to everyone on Earth it would be in some form of an invasion.

I would like to know what you are basing this statement on? I don't think you will find many here on ATS that believe this. As a matter of fact you will more likely find many that believe the government will try and plan a fake staged invasion to usher in a new world order.. but you will not find a majority here that believe we are going to be invaded by aliens.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by NephraTari

I agree. If we have 'an invasion' it is very likely to be staged by Earthly entities.

Why wouldn't any alien contact be very similar to our own efforts, say in sending probes and maybe eventually going to Mars?

First, we send orbiting satellites, then maybe crash land a couple, then bounce land a mobile probe, then a stationary probe linked up with the orbiting probe to send signals back to Earth.

As we become more advanced the probes will be smaller and smaller with more functionality.

Since 'Earth' is unlikely to be an alien civilization's first probe, they'll be highly sophisticated, and very small and efficient, but I doubt they'll be excessively stealthy. I'd even guess they'd be like Von Neumann probes, self-replicating and able to spawn additional probes to continue the search. We'd probably see a probe of the larger planets first.

If there's an uninhabited planet in the system it will probably be targeted for colonization or an advanced station, manned or robotic.

(In fact the lack of a visibile alien presence on Mars tells me there are no aliens probing us yet).

So, just keep in mind the ideas of a stealthy full-size invasion where the aliens appear in physical form is probably just the stuff of Earth Sci-fi and will be nothing like any real-thing.

2 cents.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join