It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic diodes have been created

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In a recent paper published to Physical Review Letters, Scientists lead by Dr. Jordi Prat-Camps, Ph.D. have created a magnetic system similar to a transformer that allows magnetic fields to transfer in one direction only. Similar to tradition diodes, which allow current to flow in only one direction when forward-biased, the conceptual principle applies here, though with different mechanics involved.

Lorentz reciprocity establishes a stringent relation between electromagnetic fields and their sources. For static magnetic fields, a relation between magnetic sources and fields can be drawn in analogy to the Green’s reciprocity principle for electrostatics. So far, the magnetostatic reciprocity principle remains unchallenged and the magnetostatic interaction is assumed to be symmetric (reciprocal). Here, we theoretically and experimentally show that a linear and isotropic electrically conductive material moving with constant velocity is able to circumvent the magnetostatic reciprocity principle and realize a diode for magnetic fields.

They did this, essentially, by spinning two coils slightly out of phase to allow time for the magnetic fields in the second coil to dissipate before they are spun back to the first coil. This spin is at very high speeds and currently, this has not been scaled down for use in microelectronics.

This is NOT a violation of Lorentz Law, but a sort of workaround. Similar to how Warp field theory isn't a violation of relativity but a workaround to the cosmic speed limit.

Dr. Prat-Cramps seems to be laser-focused on research in electromagnetics. His work is often in the novel uses and manipulation of magnetic fields as well as research involving metamaterials.

Papers published by Dr. Prat-Cramps

His Weebly page

The Lorentz Force:

edit on 6 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What applications does this have in microelectronics or even macro electronics? What practical use is it if any.

This is very interesting just wondering what it would be used for.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

You could create highly balanced transformers with this idea, and if it can be materially scaled down, allow for better step-down or step-up voltage transformation in microelectronics. Could make charging your phone faster. This can even allow for better AC motors and motor controls.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Very good post.

I wish this had been downscaled already. It feels like false advertising xD.

Let me clarify a bit:

It's my understanding that if you had the capability to control magnetic field lines of force, in the same way that a diode will allow electronic current flow in one direction...

You would be able to raise the temperature of current chilled super conductors, if there are any reverse flow magnetic distortions, that are causing the resistance between super conductance and not.

If my understanding of EMF relationships is correct, this would almost certainly be the case, unless the drop-off in non super conductance v super conductance is strictly controlled by quantum forces.

In which case, this would make for an interesting experiment to demonstrate that specific fact.

There, I hope this is worthy of the thread vernacular. Please accept my apologies for the original content of my post, much vodka is/was involved and the only thing surpassing my wonder and awe, is my rate of imbibement.

edit on 6-1-2019 by Archivalist because: Nicer

edit on 6-1-2019 by Archivalist because: I apologize, I never intended to post my original post. Hence why it was immediately altered.

edit on 6-1-2019 by Archivalist because: Drunken browsing

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Please don't do this, in an effort to sound more intelligent. (Based on the topic involved, it is clear you have a decent mind about you.) You alienate many more than you impress.

Got anything for the meat of the article?

Sorry you don't like my analogy. Get over it.

Edit:

Warp Field mechanics is also a legitimate field of study, BTW.

ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Very good post.

I wish this had been downscaled already. It feels like false advertising xD.

This is your idea of nicer? What a pretentious prig!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Some people just wanna start crap and don't actually want to discuss anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I assure you, that's not me. I'm just drunk, I've since edited my post. My apologies sir.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Enjoy your evening.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If my understanding of EMF relationships is correct, this would almost certainly be the case, unless the drop-off in non super conductance v super conductance is strictly controlled by quantum forces.

There is heat being generated:

From the article,

The possibility to generate controlled unidirectional magnetic couplings implies that the mutual inductances between magnetic elements or circuits can be made extremely asymmetric.

Remember inductance is, "the property of an electric conductor or circuit that causes an electromotive force (voltage) to be generated by a change in the current flowing." Google dictionary (Parentheses mine)

This means there is a current being generated and anywhere there is a current there will be waste heat to deal with. There's no superconductivity going on here. Just a circumvention of Lorentz reciprocity by exploiting the mechanics of field generation, the time constant required for stabilization and collapse, rotational speed, and field density/power.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It is also important to note that they are using a tunneling method via metamaterials that can act with properties that seem...Counter-intuitive?

This is an area I hold some interest in but admittedly know very little about. A lot of this math is beyond my ability, so a full explanation will not be possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

or more or less the concept of monopoles. Monopoles is what we want. This sounds like a step in the right direction, but not really what we want outside of the conceptual stage.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phrae

This isn't really the definition of a magnetic monopole:
en.wikipedia.org...

In particle physics, a magnetic monopole is a hypothetical elementary particle that is an isolated magnet with only one magnetic pole (a north pole without a south pole or vice versa). A magnetic monopole would have a net "magnetic charge".

A monopole would produce its own charge and would induce voltages in other ferromagnetic elements, and in a circuit would also have to be considered a Voltage source.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It sounds like this could be used in the making of a great power generator.

edit on 6-1-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

This is a distinct possibility.

I see it becoming commonplace in transformer technology. Scale this to civil engineering levels and you'd wind up with more balanced transformers. A well-balanced transformer is a safe transformer.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This is a distinct possibility.

I see it becoming commonplace in transformer technology. Scale this to civil engineering levels and you'd wind up with more balanced transformers. A well-balanced transformer is a safe transformer.

That is true. I am thinking with how they can change the phase and depending on the phase switching speed, they could turn the motor with magnets alone.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You still require a motion for magnetic induction. That means a rotating field or pair of coils in a field.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
free-energy.ws... Reminds me of an interest I came across in the early 90's. Likely on Coast to Coast Art Bell. There seem to be a bunch of players that it would seem to need to come together and discover the energy capabilities. It seems a combination of a few of these apparatus might combine successfully.

Marko Rodin, Rodin Coil, Charles Brown Nano-diodes... there are more, but escape momentarily.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You still require a motion for magnetic induction. That means a rotating field or pair of coils in a field.

Yeah your right. I was thinking magnetic when it is electro magnetic.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

There are so many reasons why this is wrong that I don't even know where to begin.

I break it down to one simple concept. Free energy doesn't exist and a diode array of ANY KIND is not going to create it from nothing.

Edit:

The concept of heat diodes or IR diodes and other P-N junction style technologies using the electromagnetic spectrum is not a new thing. Photodiodes have been around a long time. I use them to mess with stuff. I use phototransistors as controllers for simple on/off functions using IR remotes.

What I question is the concept of a diode of any kind being used for free energy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join