It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Groot

I dont see dolphins using arc welders, building skyscrapers, and running long form mathematics to understand and manipulate the universe around them.

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Can you honestly say that you enjoy your life more than the average dolphin enjoys his?

No mortgage, no taxes, no alimony, no job, no child support, abundant food, etc. Just keep an eye out for sharks and you're good.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Archivalist
. Meh. I'd rather just believe in inhaling farts as my religion of choice. To each his own.

So do you have a name for this religion

Yes, I believe it's called MAGA.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Old news I'm afraid...

Manichaeism, a dualistic religion popular in late antiquity that at one time counted St. Augustine among its members, actually held that farts were the act of freeing divine “light” from the body. Manichaeism may have been, as scholar Robin Lane Fox has noted, “the only world religion to have believed in the redemptive power of farts,” but they weren’t the only ancient group to give the phenomenon a great deal of thought. In addition to laying the foundations of trigonometry, the philosopher Pythagoras was concerned that a person might fart out his or her soul.

How a Fart Killed 10,000 People

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

too funny, so MAGA it is then.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed regardless of "for" OR "against" that "supposed" God really doesn't give a F5ck?...........

Anyone?? So even if "he" did exist (which he doesn't by the way) who the f cares?

Here's something to think about.

Regardless of all the crap we do to each other........think about the above.

NO GOD.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm a person that can look around and experience stuff. That's it. To deny what I see would be lying to myself.

Oh anyone can see that common evolution stories are useless.

But the Bible has nothing to do with explaining anything...at all.

And certainly is not .. true.

The Bible is a waste of time and effort, like all other slave texts...it has gotten us no closer to the truth of all matters...in fact farther away.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Krakatoa

Created for the same reason as the Roman Catholic church.

The catholics created the Bible and created subreligions...sects...they call them Christians.

Owned wholly by scum.

As are all religions..just a great control scheme.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Don't worry buddy, he originally posted this to troll the f out of ATS surely? A statement such as "The Bible is True" is a grabber for sure, and one that pulls my plonker. But has no back up as if there was, that too would be in the bible? No?

Just another story to control the thick uneducated masses at that time.

Let's break it down to it's simplest form shall we?

"ParasuvO.....if you do that again, God will punish you in the afterlife"

See, being stupid and not knowing any different hundreds of years ago, you'd think to yourself "#, I better be good or i'm gonna get my but kicked"

Trouble is, they tell the same story today??? With ALL the amazing science to back things up we never even imagined hundreds of years ago, this just remains a story with Zero Fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Haters and scoffers take note: Revelation 22:19

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Fear Me Or Suffer For Eternity

P

edit on 6/1/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Religion is a man made fabrication, designed to keep fools and idiots in order. Nothing more to it! Are you saying that an educated man like the pope actually believes all this guff himself!? Of course he knows its all bull#, but it keeps him in power ansd wealth for the rest of his days.

Wake up you blithering fool and LIVE!
edit on 6-1-2019 by NotSoBigG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
As someone born and raised with no religion at all, just free to roam and be i can tell this is like the dumbest idiotic most retarded thing ever to happen

I did not even have a concept of "god" as you do until i was 13 or so lmfao, it was so ridiculous, people bending down..

I wait i don't mean disrespect to you, but you have to listen and understand, i don't get you, don't spit on me i'm trying to be honest here

For you, there is no way to feel the world without that concept, for me, it is just like, why? The world is, regardless of you, if there is a God somewhere out there, pretty sure is not a guy on sandals and a robe

People constantly try to make God a human, why? The, whatever it is, entity named God is not a human person with kidneys and stuff, how can't you even figure that out?

Let's think for a bit

Or not, i know we'll go into dumb territory, it simply goes back to this.. You have no clue what God is but you follow the entire history written by other humans who wrote words in the name of God based on what was more convenient for them at the time

And yes i do believe there is a higher thing out there, but it is ridiculous it would focus so much on this planet and the ridiculous thing like how good one can cook a steak and earn his favor and how other people should be killed if they are not in favor of the children of god. Stupid stuff

People that focus on this ridiculous fundamentalism are not very different than the locker clock guys

Honestly, stop living under the shadow of the past, learn true spiritualism, it is not bad, then you may actually understand and reach the God you want to reach since ever but were unable to because "God works in misterious ways and you shut the f*ck up and obey and bend down"

Don't bend down! IT is the first step to reject your true self

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I certainly hope not.

I read your bible and concluded that your God is the most evil being in all of existence.

Of course your religion, like all other organised religions exists as a tool of control and for the benefit of those in positions of authority, so I have no reason to believe it is truer than any other insidious cult out there.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Religion is like a penis.
Its fine to have one.
Its also fine to be proud of it.
But its not okay to whip it out in public and shove it down peoples throats

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Oh, I will, as long as YOU take note of these Bible verses:

Genesis 19:8 “See now, I have two daughters who have not known a man; please, let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them as you wish; only do nothing to these men, since this is the reason they have come under the shadow of my roof.” According to God, it is okay to buy and sell children. So apparently, everybody today who is trying to raise awareness about the human trafficking of children just needs to shut up.

Exodus 21:20-21 “And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property." So if you are a slave, and your master beats you harshly, you should just accept it. After all, fear of your master is a good thing.

Leviticus 25:44-45 "And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves. Moreover you may buy the children of the strangers who dwell among you, and their families who are with you, which they beget in your land; and they shall become your property." This is another verse about slaves, but this one includes the children. According to God, it is okay to buy and sell children. So apparently, everybody today who is trying to raise awareness about the human trafficking of children just needs to shut up.

1 Peter 2:18 "Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh." So if you are a slave, and your master beats you harshly, you should just accept it. After all, fear of your master is a good thing.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 "But if the thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done a disgraceful thing in Israel, to play the harlot in her father’s house. So you shall put away the evil from among you." So if a woman has pre-marital sex, she should be stoned. Other texts lay guilt on the man as well, but the guilty male gets less attention than the guilty female.

Deuteronomy 23:1 “He who is emasculated by crushing or mutilation shall not enter the assembly of the LORD." So if your penis is cut off or your balls are crushed, God does not accept your worship. God only accepts worship from people whose genitals are in good condition (minus the foreskin of course … that sort of mutilation is required by God).

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall not pity her." So two men are fighting and a woman steps in to defend her man, and ends up grabbing the genitals of her husband’s opponent. Rather than discipline the men for fighting in the first place, the proper response in this case is to cut off the woman’s hand. That sounds fair.

Leviticus 21:18-21 "For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." To approach God, you apparently had to be a perfect male specimen, with a working penis. Everybody else could not approach Him.

Leviticus 20:9 "For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." How is this even remotely justified? I don’t care if a kid cursed his parents with the worst curses ever uttered, does he deserve to get stoned to death for it?

www.patheos.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The Tibetan Book of the Dead takes the opposite point of view. As long as you fear God and are not able to face God and look Him in the face without fear, then you will continue the endless cycle of death and rebirth. Essentially being reincarnated is going to Hell since as the Buddha says, "Life is suffering."

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I wonder what is more ridicules;

Some all powerful alien created the Earth & the Moon (according to the bible)

Or

Everything came about from the size of an atom, exploded faster than the speed of light, and here we are (according to science)

Either explanation requires a supernatural miracle.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Plotus

P

Your words are false, because that is not the message. The message is more to the tune of love one another and know where this is coming from. Know who the true source of real mercy is and how to receive it.

But your words are of war. War with your creator and war against yourself.
Everyone alive has within them the choice to change their fate to an
That is good news.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: torok67
a reply to: Toolman18

You have found a YouTube video so it must be true.

-------Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, you are wrong. It was Robin Hood who make that famous quote.

Oh what it would like to be Noah, living for nearly 900 years and taking two of every animal of the millions of species that exist.

He's gonna need a bigger boat.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
"Did God create everything in the universe?"
"Yes, everything."
"Did God create gravity?"
"Yes, of course."
"Did God create light?"
"Yes."
"Did God create the galaxies, full of planets and stars?"
"Yes, he made it all."
"Did God create the biological laws by which our bodies abide?"
"Yes, he made everything by his design."
"Did God create evolution?"
"Absolute not! Only moron atheists believe in evolution! God wouldn't do that!"

Anyone who speaks for God and claims that despite creating every other law of physics and biology, that he would not also create evolution as a means of creating various life forms, is an absolute fool. One hundred million, billion, even trillion years would be instantaneous for a "God" that exists outside of time and space. You like to imagine that he simply "poofed" everything into existence, perhaps instantaneously or in a number of "days"... Well, that's what hundreds of millions of years of evolution is to God.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join