It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

It is fictional.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: YoshiroDamreu
If you add in all the missing text and cross reference what goes on to other religious works. It has more validity than most school books.

Not even close. It's a religious text, not an educational text nor a historical one.

It may not be 100% true but it is surely true enough to tell that God exists. Have to take it back to the Torah tho to Adonai who was Enki. And there was also the Elohim to contend with who backed Abraham. Very fascinating to research.

How does that tell that God exists? Sounds like you want the stories to be true. Nobody knows if they actually are. Is the Quran true enough to tell that Allah exist?

edit on 2 27 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Earth is not a ball, flying through space.

Then what is it?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Obviously is it a biosphere created and ruled over by Paulie Shore.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

"The Bible is True"

If that's the case then Humanities a lie never mind a complete and utter contradiction in terms.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

An oblate spheroid traveling through space-time.

edit on 2-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I can answer question number four. What happens to oneself when oneself dies? It is simpler than you think but also can be complicated.

Before "you" were, "you" were not. When "you" cease to exist "you" enter the same place "you" came from. That place is non-existence.

Who am I to say that what has happened once cannot happen again. From nothing into something again. Amen.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You ever think that evolution may be part of the process. Like everything might have already been pre-planned/determined through the original burst of energy that caused the universe. And the however many days it took to create earth was actually the consciousness of our universe (god). I don't see where people got the idea that god was a human from

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

I actually believe in the big bang theory and god, and I think once all energy is spent or unusable, another one the same or very similar happens. And that everything is already planned by that burst of energy.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Earth is not a ball, flying through space.

Then what is it?

All we know so far is that the surface of Earth, which we live on, is an extremely large, flat disc, encircled by a sequence of ice walls, some 150 feet high, mainly. We know Earth is covered from above by a massive dome, which contains water, which is why the sky is blue, just as the oceans are blue on the surface below the dome, or firmament.

Under the dome, are all the stars, the Sun, and the moon. They rotate above Earth, which is exactly why we see them move above us. We feel no movement of Earth, because Earth is not in motion. All the stars, Sun, and moon, are in motion, above Earth.

I'd love to know what exists below the Earth, and beyond the firmament, as well. That's what is fascinating to me. An ancient map from China shows large continents, or land masses, which exist beyond the firmament.

The map showed all our continents accurately, as well, but there was no continent of Antarctica at the southern point of Earth. There was a circle, surrounding Earth.

Maps like this could not be drawn without knowledge of the Earth, which is a lost knowledge, of the Earth, and what lies beyond it.

Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

That needs its own thread I think

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Some threads discuss it in detail, which is why I replied in general to someone's question.

Stop following me around, like some creep.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

now why would I do that...

You're one of the most entertaining people on this forum

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

now why would I do that...

You're one of the most entertaining people on this forum

Said the lowest common denominator, who laughs out of his own insecurities.

The problem is that you don't have anything intelligent to say, you just open your mouth, and spew out crap, over and over again.

Sad, indeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I just don't have the time to waste replying to your complete and total idiocy any longer...

But everyone else seems to so

cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The bible is a work of fiction, and categorically gets many things wrong. I pity you to live in such cognitive dissonance unable to break the shackles of your narrow world view.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

The bible is a work of fiction, and categorically gets many things wrong. I pity you to live in such cognitive dissonance unable to break the shackles of your narrow world view.

That's quite the narrow world view you have - assuming everyone with a particular belief has a narrow world view.

Said the lowest common denominator, who laughs out of his own insecurities.

The problem is that you don't have anything intelligent to say, you just open your mouth, and spew out crap, over and over again.

Sad, indeed.

Don't fall for their trap. Look at their avatar. The cheshire cat disappears leaving only its mischievous grin after having completed its role as an antagonist. Don't bite on it, or let it get you angry.
edit on 9-3-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Don't fall for their trap. Look at their avatar. The cheshire cat disappears leaving only its mischievous grin after having completed its role as an antagonist. Don't bite on it, or let it get you angry.

I'm well aware of their tactics, my friend. They are scared, and insecure, because they can't resolve their internal conflict. Same as any schoolyard bully, their insecurities are leashed out at others, through anger, insults, and 'gang attacks'.

I admire your tenacity to explain reality, and evidence, and what is NOT evidence, no matter how it doesn't get through to them - at least, externally. I'm sure they understand it, but - for various reasons - cannot accept it.

You're correct about the cheshire cat avatar, it fits perfectly.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The Bible is just re telling of older stories tbh. My vicar explained that the Bible is not to be taken literally but the message inside is what you should take away from it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I agree the message of the Bible is more important than if it's an accurate description of specific events. The events cannot be confirmed as true, or not, but to dismiss it entirely, is no better than to believe it entirely, either.

I take the creation of Earth, as described in Genesis, literally, however. This is based on all the valid evidence, and nothing else.

The firmament is real, and the heavens below the firmament are real, as well. The blue sky is water within the firmament, as described in Genesis. All life on Earth was created to live on Earth, and still lives on Earth, today, as it did, from the very beginning.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join