It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran ready for US invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Iran has announced that it will be ready for a US invasion and would be able to respond in 15 minutes.
The announcement has already been made public to the Iranians.
Europe and the US are concerned over Iran's nuclear capabilities. But George Bush has stated that no plans are in force to attack Iran.

www.post-gazette.com
TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran has begun publicly preparing for a possible U.S. military attack, announcing efforts to mobilize recruits in citizens' militias and making plans to engage in the type of "asymmetrical" guerrilla warfare which has bogged down American troops in neighboring Iraq.

"Iran would respond within 15 minutes to any attack by the United States or any other country," said an Iranian official close to the conservatives who run the country's security and military apparatus.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There have been many statements regarding the possible impending attack on Iran.
George Bush seems intent on denying the fact, but to me, where there is smoke there is fire.

The fact that Iran states that it needs nuclear facilities for power is of great concern for the western world.
I personally think we should be concerned.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The fact that Iran states that it needs nuclear facilities for power is of great concern for the western world.
I personally think we should be concerned.

Why whould the western world be concerned if they want to have nuclear reactors? I don't think that is an issue...the issue is the production of nuclear weapons, which is a concern.

JAK

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well I hope this claim is not running to the same timkeeping of Tony Blairs 45 minute WMD strike.

Jack

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Iran is alot more different from iraq, if america tries to invade iran inexperienced yankie troops will find out what war really is.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Iran is alot more different from iraq, if america tries to invade iran inexperienced yankie troops will find out what war really is.

No problem. The US military is budgeted for experienced contract mercs worth $3000+ per day. Plus they now have robots, and "disease-causing" nanobots.

Don't worry about America. The motto is, "By any means necessary - and international law be dammed."

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yah another "Mother of all Battlles". Time for Iran to break out their sticks and stones. My opinion is that if their attacked it will first originate from Israel in the form blasting the nuke plants. Then if the radiation doesn't kill enough defence people then almighty will take over.

It's the fallout that may happen down the road that's scary to the West.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why would Iran be under terror analysis. Iran is just another bone that the neo cons want put down at the behest of greater Israel. That seems to qualify them for the word terrorist.

If you add up the dead bodies in the last half century. Who would you guess? Hint: it is none of the arab, asian, european countries.

terrorism needs to be defined. Not just for the usage of the rich (and evil).

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ask your self this simple little question: Why does Iran need nuclear power when they sit on one of the world's largest oil supplies? Where there is oil, there is clean environmental freindly natural gas to supply cheap energy. Obviously Iran isn't playing power plant with their nuclear material. They are trying to build nukes plain and simple. When they get one you can say bye bye to Israel.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It is true that Iran, which is now officially allied with Syria, has a more formidable militarily than Iraq had under the Saddam Hussein regime. If they continue their nuclear weapons program with the obvious intention to launch atomic missiles at US allies, then the seasoned US troops (probably also with troops from the UK, Australia, and other nations) may indeed be called into action to stop them.

I'd like Israel to defend itself (which it is quite capable of doing) and for the US troops to pull out of the region altogether, but there are too many powerful Jews in the US to prevent that from happening. More blood must be extracted from US troops in the defense of their Semitic allies.

Iran and Syria will be harder to conquer than Iraq, but not as hard to stop as North Korea -- which is backed by Red China. A war with Communist China, which has the largest army and the largest air force on the planet, is a very bad idea.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Iran has been saying lots of different things in recent weeks and they are trying to effect the US economy by discussing threats of war. The US probably know this already and are too busy ignoring Iran.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Iran has been saying lots of different things in recent weeks and they are trying to effect the US economy by discussing threats of war. The US probably know this already and are too busy ignoring Iran.

I agree that Iran has said a few things about the Us over recent weeks.

They obviously have some idea, from where i haven't a clue that something is going to kick off big time.
Maybe they will do something stupid like blowing up a major building so they can say the US has attacked, there fore giving them the ideal opportunity to counter attack the US forces within 15 minutes.

Smacks of dejavu eh?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
15 minutes? They must have a lousy internet connection , I can get my "ready to rumble"communique out to the world in 144 Ms..

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Iran probably said that to keep USA away, they probably really can't fight a war with the US.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
15 minutes? They must have a lousy internet connection , I can get my "ready to rumble"communique out to the world in 144 Ms..

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

Only quoting what has already been quoted

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Iran is a soveirgn state. It has every right to defend itsself with whatever means it deems as necessarry. Israel has nukes and so do the USA. Both are openly hostile to Iran so its hardly surprising that they feel the need to develop a nuclear capability.

When we in the West are committed to disarming ourselves and our Israeli allies of weapons of mass destruction then we can start lecturing others. All the hostility and threats from the US towards Iran is just stirring up another hornets nest and making our world a more dangerous and unstable place.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Iran does not have a right to nukes. They signed the NPT. They agreed not to have them.

It is true that Iran, which is now officially allied with Syria, has a more formidable militarily than Iraq had under the Saddam Hussein regime. If they continue their nuclear weapons program with the obvious intention to launch atomic missiles at US allies, then the seasoned US troops (probably also with troops from the UK, Australia, and other nations) may indeed be called into action to stop them.

Iran does not have the capability Iraq had. They have less tanks, less planes, and less air defenses.

Iran and Syria will be harder to conquer than Iraq, but not as hard to stop as North Korea -- which is backed by Red China. A war with Communist China, which has the largest army and the largest air force on the planet, is a very bad idea.

I won't address the idiotic North Korea claim...Syria is a weakling. America would bulldoze through that even easier than Iraq.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Iran needs nuclear reactors, just like NK needed them to power all those Yurts and mud huts.

I don't think you people understand how much power it takes to power various hovels, a mud hut metropolis, and a donkey cart transit system.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smoker
Iran is a soveirgn state. It has every right to defend itsself with whatever means it deems as necessarry. Israel has nukes and so do the USA. Both are openly hostile to Iran so its hardly surprising that they feel the need to develop a nuclear capability.

When we in the West are committed to disarming ourselves and our Israeli allies of weapons of mass destruction then we can start lecturing others. All the hostility and threats from the US towards Iran is just stirring up another hornets nest and making our world a more dangerous and unstable place.

Iran stirred the hornets up back in 1979 when Carter was president by attacking the American embassy. Nothing has been done, by anyone in the USA, to confront Muslim terrorist worldwide. It's about time this nation got fed up having it's citizens killed for the past 26 years and no one doing anything about it. That goes for both Republican and Democrats.

Iran has been going to the NKorean school of saber rattling for a long time. By this I mean, if Iran had nukes - they would use that for world bluffing or bartering. Just like NKorea has been doing since Bush got in office. NKorea bluffed and ran all over the Clinton administration to get what they wanted and they got it by throwing child like fits. Since Bush didn't appease their demands they have started throwing nuclear temper-tantrum fits. You don't want a nation like NKorea being a player on the world's stage. BTW, NKorea is a soverign nation. A very unstable soverign nation.

Arab countries aren't very good at fighting wars. In a war with the US, Iran would fold in 5 days. The war between Iran and Iraq - began on September 22, 1980, when Iraqi troops launched a full-scale invasion of Iran. The guns finally fell silent on August 20, 1988. Eight years of one military blunder after another. Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran - first was mustard gas, a gas spread from munitions deliverable by virtually any type of weapon, including the mortars, artillery and aircraft. The second chemical agent was a poison gas identified by the UN as a nerve-gas tabun.

Iran was supported by Syria and Libya, and received much of its weaponry from North Korea and China, as well as from covert arms transactions from the United States. Iraq enjoyed much wider support, both among Arab and Western nations: the Soviet Union was its largest supplier of arms. Estimates of the number of dead from that war range up to 1.5 million.

Don't you think if either "sovereign nation" had a nuke at that time they would have used it? Some nations aren't responsible enough to be trusted with atomic weaponry no matter how sovereign they are. You don't give a gun to a mentally unstable person and you wouldn't give nukes to someone like Saddam and the Mullas in Iran.

Chief

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It Won't Help

Iran can prepare for an invasion all it wants, but it won't help.

That's because it makes no sense to invade Iran, and Bush is telling the truth: we aren't planning to.

Despite the unfounded claims of various selectively-informed self-styled experts, the U.S. didn't get to be top dog by being stupid.

Iran is definitely in the crosshairs, as are a few other select countries. The U.S. strategy for each country is tailored to its specific circumstances.

Regime change in Iran and North Korea does not require invasion, and in fact, invasion would completely screw the pooch in both cases. We'll see about Syria.

You don't attack an enemy where they are strongest, but where they are weakest.

The people of Iran are tired of theocracy. Too many of them remember life before religious rule, and want it back. A successful strategy for dealing with Iran will leverage that unrest and apply it constructively.

All the rest is just a bunch of irrelevant bluster for public consumption.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by w555hc
Iran stirred the hornets up back in 1979 when Carter was president by attacking the American embassy.

The US and Britain stirred up the hornets nest in 1953 when they overthrew Mossadeq and then supported the Shah and his brutal secret police, Savak.

If the US had handed the Shah over to the Iranians those Americans would have been released.

Nothing has been done, by anyone in the USA, to confront Muslim terrorist worldwide. It's about time this nation got fed up having it's citizens killed for the past 26 years and no one doing anything about it. That goes for both Republican and Democrats.

I think other nations are tired of having their civilians killed by the US for much more than the last 26 years.

BTW, did you guys ever apologize for shooting down Iran Air Flight 655 on July 3, 1988?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by AceOfBase]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join