It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you like to see change on Above Top Secret in 2019.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I post this in the RANT forum to allow a bit more coarse replies than would be allowed in say Chit Chat or milder contexts. In March of 2011 I cam here after following a link from www.angelfire.com... and having come there from another site www.crystalinks.com... initially.

It's been a long strange trip as Jerry Garcia once said...

What would you like to see change ?

MOD NOTE
Moved to General Chit Chat.
edit on Tue Jan 1 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Fix the ads so they were like they were a few months ago and get the PM system running properly again.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
More and bigger Stars and Flags. I know it's a lofty goal, but if we all pull together.....

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Free popcorn! And yeah, bigger stars and flags.
In fact, maybe we should change stars and flags for those stars they pin to peoples chest when they come 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Rosette? I like those. Flags would be trophies. Because everyone likes a trophy.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
PMs and thread replies have been squiffy.

Other than that I only want to continue to refine my own conduct.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The ability to filter out the Mud Pit from showing up away when I visit here.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The search function on ATS really sucks. This is what search results on ATS look like:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Less emotional circle-jerks, more thought-provoking dialogue.

I'm clearly pissing in the wind here, but one can dream right?

TLDR;

Less REEE, more HMM..

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

The function itself doesn't suck, it's just how it looks. But, imho, it's a small thing of not too much consequence. Internet search engines work just fine for ATS content imho.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a ban on unbelievers trying to hijack religious threads.
if one doesn't believe, just walk away. don't use the thread for anti-faith rants and bigotry.

a few years ago someone started a pray-for thread. some guy jumped in and scolded us for praying cuz there's no God or nothin. that's just ignorant.

speaking of things like theology debates. I'm on another forum that has a Norse/pagan section. I don't jump in and tell those guys they're idiots. I don't agree with them but I don't bother them either.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would like to see a smiley face to go along with the stars.
The reason for me (and in no way wanting to turn this into a Facebook thing) It's just that there are some really good funny replies made by people who make me chortle out loud, and I get infuriated that I can only give a star.
To me stars are for a post / comment which has been well laid out and with 'supporting' evidence f you will.

I think it would brighten up the whole of ATS if we could all start smiling a bit more

Smiley rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'd like to see my posting vanish...

Sitting around being nostalgic about the ATS days of ole are great and all, but progress is not going to evolve from day dreaming about what another entity can achieve for me.

I have way more interest in what energy I am able to offer what I surround myself around anyway. It's just a matter of time before I disallow ATS to consume my energy unwillingly.

I greatly thank the ATS community for the times of past, but seeing the change of my ATS usage to dropping to non existent would be the change I want for the future the most.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We need prizes!! I mean real prizes like tshirts, hats and coffee mugs for clever threads and posts.

and games to pass the time...while waiting for the clever threads and posts.
edit on 1-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I would like to see a smiley face to go along with the stars.
The reason for me (and in no way wanting to turn this into a Facebook thing) It's just that there are some really good funny replies made by people who make me chortle out loud, and I get infuriated that I can only give a star.
To me stars are for a post / comment which has been well laid out and with 'supporting' evidence f you will.

I think it would brighten up the whole of ATS if we could all start smiling a bit more

Smiley rainbows
Jane
I believe you can friend people.. but otherwise, if not, you could always Private Message them and express you agreement or dis-agreement. Allies as it were.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would just be happy to:
A: Have the envelope turn white again when you have a pm.
B: Have it be ok to talk/ask about members that DID NOT get banned, but may have disappeared do to health or something. We have some great members that have gone missing, and I really hope they are ok. It's sad when you come across a thread that so and so has passed away, and you had no idea they were even ill.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Page Forward and backward buttons.

Fix the PM Alert so the mailbox lights up

Fix the ads...please.

Ban AugustusMasonicus and all associated IP addressed permanently using a special warrant from the NSA that can recognize his face if he tries to log on from a new device or a strangers device. In fact, just ban him from the entire internet. Nothing good can come from his presence. Just look at him! Just look at that sonofa... He's got some kind of Roman emporer statue, with a Santa beard and hat, triumphantly holding up... a candy cane. That's where I draw the line, too. That candy cane. Just what does he think he's doing with that, like he thinks HE'S the Grand Marshall of the Christmas Parade or something... then he comes in here all innocent with his suggestions like he's just a normal member...he just grinds my gears like there's no tomorrow. Just get rid of him! The sooner the better...
(this was intended as an affectionate gesture, in case that got lost in translation somewhere back by that last turn before Albuquerque😉)

Add more themes with more cooler color schemes.

I feeling they aren't gonna do any of this and in fact things will get worse... then, around the beginning of Summer 2020, they will launch a paid membership tier while still keeping free membership for those who dont mind all the growing, increasing problems. For those willing to pay, it will be like entering a time machine and traveling to "the land before time"... or "the land before that one time... when they screwed up ATS". You can pay to have all the wonderful "updates" removed... LoL No, I'm jk... but could you imagine??

Also, in the interest of fairness, so nobody feels left out, I think every membership should get 1 million "participation stars and flags" and every thread should start out with a random number of flags between 50 and 100 so nobody will know who's thread got the most flags cause that can cause hurt feelings. Yeah I think this basis could be the makings of a great website! Heck, we could just base our entire society off this "fairness and feelings" foundation! oh...sorry, I see what I did there...

Ok but seriously, I think we should add a gender space to our avatar. If we have one for mood which can change throughout the day, why not have one (that is totally optional just like location and mood) for gender? People can like, express their pride and stuff.

For me, my reason is because I don't like speaking harshly to women. But a man, I will tear him a new one with my bare hand, he needs that, it's good for em. A lady is a like delicate flower that must be nurtured and cared for and given space to grow and bloom. They're sensitive, and the slightest pressure can crush it forever...

A man however is more like a hunk of metal which must be hammered into a useful shape by repeated blows from the world at large. You have to ease up from time to time to avoid the implosion of his sanity, but if you let up for more than necessary, his ego will destroy all your hard work in an instant.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just wanna add.. I think people should write on eachothers walls more often, send PMs more often, and add friends more often.

Also, I think there are a Lot of members out there who do not realize many features like the wall and friend lists even exist. Some people who browse from a mobile device STILL don't know there is an easy way to switch to desktop mode which allows you to see everyone's avatar plus lots more. So, I was thinking it would be cool to have a kind of ATS Orientation Video explaining all the features and little known facts, quirks and maybe throw in some neat ATS factoids and historical happenings of note. I'd love to make and narrate it myself, but I lack the equipment.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
A man however is more like a hunk of metal which must be hammered into a useful shape by repeated blows from the world at large. You have to ease up from time to time to avoid the implosion of his sanity, but if you let up for more than necessary, his ego will destroy all your hard work in an instant.

I hope you're not joking, like much of the rest of your post, because I see this as unassailable truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It is New Years and your reply was too long to read.I did
read the part about Auggie and it seems to me you're
applying to become his next gunther,not a good idea.He
can be difficult to work for, the pay is lousy,work hours
are long and they always disappear into thin air!

I would like the PM light back,the pop-up ads slowed down
a bit and cuter emojis.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
As for myself... I would like to see a tutorial, easily understandable for us less astute on how to post pictures in our posts. As hard as I try, I can not manage it. I realize it is my own shortcoming, as many have indeed succeeded.

And, I totally fail at embedding videos from You Tube.

I think we are otherwise on course for a productive year, after all, the future can change in a heartbeat.
Lets have ATS be there when it happens..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join