It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 28th minute lag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A couple weeks ago during a discussion about adds, and redirects the subject of the site lagging came up, a mod, dont remember which one, mentioned that it lags for a minute or 2 at the 28th minute of every hour.

Since then ive started paying attention and have found that to be absolutely the case! You could set your watch by it.
The site pretty much stops for a minute, maybe two at that exact time, every hour.

Sup with that?

to the mod that mentioned it

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

It's when all the new data is ... uploaded to somewhere in Utah.

🤷‍♀️

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I was going to sugest something along those lines, but thats a touchy subject

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
A couple weeks ago during a discussion about adds, and redirects the subject of the site lagging came up, a mod, dont remember which one, mentioned that it lags for a minute or 2 at the 28th minute of every hour.

Since then ive started paying attention and have found that to be absolutely the case! You could set your watch by it.
The site pretty much stops for a minute, maybe two at that exact time, every hour.

Sup with that?

to the mod that mentioned it

we noticed on our city issued laptops and city issued phones that between like 11:40 a.m and 12...that every hour as well...our Dell comps. and Sprint phones lag for 2-3 mins saying either "You're offline" or "no connection"....when we aren't ever not "on". (Police, Fire, Search and Rescue) plus offices...

Since it's everyday...we are told it's a flood of connections of people trying to finish-finalize stuff before the hr...but it is daily too...

I'll pay attention more to us here at ATS.

Thanks!
edit on 31-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Jonjonj

I was going to sugest something along those lines, but thats a touchy subject

Really funny thing is that whole complex is fake cos they built it under Dugway in the 90's...

So kidding!!!

😁

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I remember seeing the comment, it does seem to be the case. At almost half-past each hour there is considerable slowdown/stoppage. I'm sure it's just the government monitoring and nothing to be worried about.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I’ve noticed this for the last couple months. Every time I click something on ATS, and it freezes, I immediately look at the time. It is always from the :28 - :31 minute mark. Most common is :28.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Also happens at 10 after the hour but not as hard.

One is the RSS process and the other is a more intensive database indexing of threads and posts and probably a hard server save as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I also read that thread and also verified it happens like clockwork at the 28-minute mark of each hour.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: caterpillage

It's when all the new data is ... uploaded to somewhere in Utah.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Figured it was likely something maintenance related.
Thought id bring it up in case it was something devious going on from outside parties.

It has made me realize how often i happen to check the forums at :28 though lol.

Ive noticed the :10 one a little too i think, but im more of a :28 guy.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am SOOOO glad I'm not the only one.

At first I thought it might be mozilla, so I was testing with Chrome, Vivaldi, and a few others.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Also note the time of the double post in this recent thread, :29.

The poster hit submit, nothing happened and after a bit he hit submit again. The site recorded both "submits" and doubled up on the posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join