It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Look we can all agree on something here, I hope.
None of us REALLY know (including the semi professional archaeological scholars here), some of us have idea's but none of us really know.
What we do know is that they are a big, a really big pile of stone's shaped by intelligence and stacked by it at some point in the past, they will probably outlast every construction we have built to date in our modern civilization barring a bunch of rabid flea infested bearded jihadi's with dynamite blowing them apart at some point, like they did in Syria and Iraq moron's.
They serve no Known purpose to us today but do NOT Belong to Egypt because they belong to all of humanity due to there age and they are a masterwork of art regardless of whomever built them that will always evoke one of the greatest and oldest civilisation's on the planet that of ancient Egypt - even if they may be far older than that.

We can also all agree that Harte did have a very good point and much as it may Irk (Because he is a know it all and is most often at least 90 percent correct) he may be actually completely correct, most archaeology grew out of treasure hunters and for example the guy whom dynamited his way into the grand gallery then after failing to find treasure (or did he and would we ever know? - he probably found nothing and it is very wrong to speak bad of the dead when we do not know the man or his characters so I retract this part of my argument - this is a later edit, sorry colonel I apologize for casting doubt upon your word) claimed to have found Egyptian writing there.
However while that story was very dodgy there is a new discovery that more or less proves the pyramid's were Egyptian and therefore probably were built when the archaeological community mostly claim.
www.seeker.com...
edit on 2-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Here’s another drawing that was published around 1914 after Professor George A. Reisner made the excavation on the head of the Sphinx.

I have found two pictures of the same drawing. The smaller one has good contrast and the larger one shows closer detail but it’s too dark in other areas. Both images show the temple in between the paws of the Sphinx which the original picture in the OP cuts off.

This next one is the larger drawing but ATS reduces the size of it in this post. If you go to the following link you should see the full size image.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Dug up some info about the ground refraction survey carried out in 1991 by "a team consisting of Thomas Dobecki and John Anthony West" (also with them was a geologist from Boston university by the name Robert Schoch) as well as an electromagnetic sounding survey carried out in 1987 by "a Japanese team from Waseda university (Tokyo) under the direction of Sakuji Yoshimura" it covers in decent detailings the highlights of the findings, definitely worth a gander! i'll post the link below;

www.ancient-code.com...

Also found an interesting "article" that claims to be from the mouth/hand of Hawass himself in an "interview" describing how he found an entrance by commutation with a man (Mohammed Abd al-Mawgud Fayed) who supposedly worked in the 1926 clearing of the sphynx as a boy and found at the northwest corner of the sphynx's rump a passage which decended to the water tablet... It also mentions, the aforementioned, surveying done by the japanese as well as names and dates of others who were involved in similar surveys around the 20th century. Link below (I don't know what genius decided to formate the site but its worth the eye strain for the info it holds)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
(I suggest highlighting or copying the text to notepad to make it more bearable)

Hope this helps freshen up this juicy sandwich you've made

edit on 3-1-2019 by AnsemxThexWisex because: I can't spell lol

edit on 3-1-2019 by AnsemxThexWisex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
it actually is somewhat hopeless to post in this thread but there is no cover up.

All the posted fancy pics from allegged rooms inside the sphinx are just circulating through the net and copied from one site to another.
These are fantasy products, in the 1900s driven by religious or esoteric motives, NOT by real archeology. All fantasy ' la-la-land' .( Bauval)

The ground water levels have risen dramatically in the last years, so they have to keep up their restauration work as the giant sculpture is hewn from natural bedrock. The nightly bedrock drillings in 2012 (?) were done for that. That so because they could work without any tourist disturbance.
So again no cover up.

If there was something like this big cavities inside the sphinx ( or beneath it) there simply would have gotten info and even photos to the world. Nobody could keep that a secret. And neither ( removed years ago) Hawass.
Remember how fast the new discoveries of the 'big void' hit the news today.

But thats not the point. Architecturally and structurally this is a dumb idea also.
You want to believe, so you choose to.

one good read I really liked and recommend about the religous and christian motives of Edgar Cayce, the ( really old) search for the hall of records and the controversies behind the illegal diggings by Lehner and Hawass in the 70s, is Robert Bauval's ' Secret Chambers Revisited'. There is practically EVERYTHING covered in that book.

they found NOTHING like that. And they had the fundings and 'their' people in egypt then ( Hawass and Lehner).
Even Edgar Cayce's son is stepping away from the 'archeological' readings of his father .

I have read this stuff before the internet in 1991 and on..

book

I'm really no fan of the fringe and Hancock ( more) and Bauval ( less) in particular, but Bauval is a really good researcher in this.

edit on 3-1-2019 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hello there ATS,

if I remember correct Enoch gave his Books away to Store it in a save Space so after the Cataclysm you could rebuild the Society with all the Knowledge of the Past.

It would fit in the Timeframe if you consider the Formation of Leo.

Anyways since all Societys keep had some Sort of Libary why shouldnt the Egyptians or even an way older Civilisation not have it?

The Sphinx aswell as the Plateau should get way more attention as they are getting at the Moment.

I hope you excuse my bad Grammar... and after all the Years of reading i will do my very best of writing.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace

This photo below appears to be the Sphinx from the same angle as the illustration, above: c7.alamy.com...

Yet there are not the Pyramids in the background.

Here it is from the other side and there are the pyramids from the illustration: www.touregypt.net...

Of course this probably means nothing; that the illustrator simply flipped the Sphinx 180 for some arbitrary reason.

Or, given the obsession with symbolism in the era the illustration is said to have been done, could there in fact be some clue in the artists decision to flip the direction of the Sphinx? A clue to what - god only knows...

I'm reaching here, but aren't we all?

BTW, sorry that it's jpeg links, rather than the jpeg's themselves (couldn't be arsed uploading them).

EDIT: I've not been to Cairo, so, sorry if my quick google image search got it totally wrong

edit on 3-1-2019 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The image is correct. The Sphinx faces due east. The pic views the north side, facing due south. There are no pyramids due south of the sphinx.

Harte

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
The image is correct.
Harte

Thanks for the corroboration.

edit on 3-1-2019 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The problem I see with the entrance at the top of the head is there is no access no steps to get to it .

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anyway the piramids had to be built with extraterrestrial aid, no doubt about that and this video explains it: m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

The problem I see with the entrance at the top of the head is there is no access no steps to get to it .

No problem.
They lined up and vibrationally levitated themselves to the top like some herk-jerky conga line.

arte

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Chadwickus[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

Asking a geologist may have helped.

www.aeraweb.org...

If youre saying JUST geologists can measure water erosion, youd be mistaken. We measured stratigraphy in any pit we ever dug on any dig Ive ever been on.

And from your source

If the Sphinx erodes so rapidly, there’s no requirement to set an age older than 4,500 years to explain its present state of deterioration.

a please look no further line if ive ever seen one.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Indeed that is exactly what i was thinking..... I mean all the millions of people who wonder but nobody ever said "F**k it... im going to see wtf is up".

I hope a group of nutters decide to go in there with all the equipment needed to get into this goddamn hall of record. and expose it to the world, if its really there ofcourse.

I mean lets face it.... its not as if they got AREA security.... just a bunch of morons guarding stations smoking ciggarretes....
I mean if a kid can climb the top of the pyramid... so to get into the sphinx, how hard can it be?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Of course this probably means nothing; that the illustrator simply flipped the Sphinx 180 for some arbitrary reason.

My personal opinion is that the illustrator moved the pyramids in that position just to captivate the audiences of 1914. Back then most people probably didn't know the exact layout of the Giza plateau.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Really good thread thanks for this. The reason for the large water chamber might be the same as the pyramid. Has something to do with pressure and creating electricity. Basically powdered up Egypt like a battery. There are materials that conduct electricity throught the pyramid apparently . . .. just another theory worth looking into if not done already.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
I can tell you this much...Don't keep your hopes up...if there is anything significant to find we.....the people...will be the very last to be informed, if ever. It is common knowledge that this Zahi Hawass is as corrupt as they come and has been treasure hunting for the former president of Egypt Mubarrak.

BS.
Not to mention Hawass hasn't been in charge of anything in Egypt for years now, so why bring him up?
What has he to do with this fake claim?

Harte

Simple,.. Because Hawass was there (before) when everybody knew there was a door on the "animals" head.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

BS. Not to mention Hawass hasn't been in charge of anything in Egypt for years now, so why bring him up? What has he to do with this fake claim?

It is not a fake claim. There is evidence in pictures and accounts that this may be the case. I dont expect the link to the PDFs to be proof in itself. Many are aware there is a cover up with history. Historical releases are very cotrolled these days.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I would imagine nobody's wandered in probably because of the same reason I almost didn't click the thread in the first place -- it's really not that interesting a subject to debate fringe theories over, and trying to theorize sensible possibilities with brick walls gets extremely old quite quickly.

Why bother typing on something you don’t find intesting. We all eat different food in life. If you dont like something. Simply trot on to the next pasture.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Simple,.. Because Hawass was there (before) when everybody knew there was a door on the "animals" head.

The man is a crook and not out of place within the field which is run like a cartel. Dont ask the wrong question and everything will be ok.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I can tell you this much...Don't keep your hopes up...if there is anything significant to find we.....the people...will be the very last to be informed, if ever. It is common knowledge that this Zahi Hawass is as corrupt as they come and has been treasure hunting for the former president of Egypt Mubarrak.

BS.
Not to mention Hawass hasn't been in charge of anything in Egypt for years now, so why bring him up?
What has he to do with this fake claim?

Harte

Everybody knew it before Hawass was there as well.
There's pics of people standing in it.
It was enlarged by robbers over the millenia, and then by Egyptologists a century or more ago.

Harte
edit on 1/4/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join