It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Turkey - Rojava 2019 Border Dispute and the International Coalition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So I just wanted to open this thread for the sake of documenting as much as possible when I can in my free time the happenings of this chapter of WW3 is it winds down on the Syrian front. Some have been a bit shaken up about the news of USA withdrawing forces from the region, but we will try our best to show that in the new age, sometimes we have to say certain things nationally, so the public can move on with their concerns to other official things and continue to ignore our foreign policy as usual doctrine.

Since 2018 is over most of this will be happening next year. Right now we have a convergence of regular forces of several different nations as well as each one's own irregular forces coming within close proximity and firing range of each other on a hotly disputed border. Turkey is the primary belligerent, threatening Syrian sovereignty and genocide against the Kurds in a free Rojava with a heavy deployment of armored vehicles, tactical mobile weapons systems, and logistical support for proxy militias. The Syrian army is thinly spread surrounding Idlib and trying to reinforce the YPG Kurds in North Aleppo outside of Afrin. US and French forces are embedded in Rojava with the SDF, particularly around Manbij. The Russians are not a part of this area, neither does it seem is Iran or Israel. Those three are all operating further South on diverging interests.

A Russian analysis put together a comprehensive illustration of the Turkey weapons systems being utilized in their operation Euphrates Shield. These are the threats immediately posing to Kurdish genocide if Turkey is not held back.

Syria on the brink of new war: modern weapons flowing to terrorists

We will have to keep an eye on this guy, he seems to be coordinating things with these ground forces. Perhaps he is an important officer/commander?

#FSA Skoor al-Shamal prepare for the battle of the East Euphrates

A recent Turkey military convoy heading towards the Syrian/Rojava border.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
As a result of the recent build-up of Turkish affiliated Irregular forces, we are continuing our patrols in the nearby countryside, as well as the streets of the town

The French are also remaining in the area.

Also have a delegation in town for fact finding to get people's views of the Turkish build-up on the border.

MOHAMMED HASSAN
‏Verified account @MHJournalist

The International Alliance in a reconnaissance to take the views of the people on the Turkish threats to enter the city of #Menbj

These were happenings of the past 48 hours or so. I don't think I can do daily updates, but whenever I can, I will do my best. Obviously anyone from the general public is welcome to assist in this documentation as an open project. Lets do our best to keeps tabs on the goings on of the world to stay informed on the matters that affect human life everywhere.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Good OP but I must tell ya it may be awhile till I get done watching the videos and doing the research.

Well done WSC.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Journalist Mohammed Hassan reports on one of the US observation posts near Kobane I believe it is Ras al-Ain. His youtube account he does his videos in Arab, but he also does English on his twitter, which is the link in his name.

There are also rumors that Sec. State Mike Pompeo, i.e. the CIA, has requested Iraqi authorities to deploy forces into Syria to take our place. Thats an interesting one.
edit on 12-24-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not that i particularly like them.......but the Sauds are sending in people to protect the Kurds from Turkey from a report I over heard on the news Friday......Im trying to find sources....

Its also in Sauds best interests to do so, it facilitates both their needs, though, I dont trust the Saudis as far as I can throw them, Im sure they will still help them in their endeavors because it furthers their intentions to undermine the Turkish state.....
edit on 12/24/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To me it would be safe to say that with the civil war being "over" that nations are coming in to defend their interest. At this point it is French, Russia (the initial Syrian regime is in with them), and the Turkish. I would probably not be lying to say with the exception of a small Turkish minority in Syria that everyone in Syria equally loathes the Turkish.

My thinking is that because of that Turkey is biting off far more than they can chew and this is Edrogen trying to show he is a real man to his country. I doubt he seriously wants to tangle with Russia even being in NATO. He is barely a contender even though he has the organizations largest army.

Anyway, France's contingent must be tiny, it makes me want to look up those numbers.

So to me its 75 points for Russia, 10 points for TUrkey, 10 for France, 2 for ISIL, and whatever is left over for Syrians.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Are the Saudis actually sending people, or are they just going to purchase and import Sudanese mercenaries as they do in Yemen? If you could find the source for that, I sure would like to read up on it some more. I got work in an hour, be home right before midnight. Knowing history, there should be some events happen on that side of the world as the morning opens into daylight for them. So I may have more to add between midnight and 2 am.

LOL, that sounds like some interrogation question. "Where were you between midnight and 2am when this all went down, hmmm??"

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A bunch of flat land farm fields. What’s the strategy for Rojava?
edit on 24-12-2018 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

Edit, looks like Wheat and Barley, cotton and a few fruits grown.
edit on 24-12-2018 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

If you could find the source for that, I sure would like to read up on it some more

Im actually wondering that as well, I will try and find something as soon as I can, its Chritmas eve here so im juggling many things at once, Ill do what I can to find the reports on that if someone doesnt beat me to it......

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
A bunch of flat land farm fields. What’s the strategy for Rojava? Unless that’s all poppy fields I’m looking at which I doubt.

To hold on to what they can as long as they can, however they can , and pray that Turkey doesnt succeed in genocide......

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Other rumors are an SDF delegation arrived in Moscow to discuss the possibility of deploying Syrian regular forces along the border triangle of Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Officials deny any knowledge of these negotiations.

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – A delegation of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) has arrived in Moscow to discuss a possible plan to stop a Turkish attack as well as the future of the east of the Euphrates, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said on Sunday.

The SOHR cited sources which said the SDF delegation and Russian authorities were expected to meet in Moscow “in the coming hours” to discuss the future of east Euphrates.

According to the monitor, the Russians offered to deploy border guards from the Syrian army in the border area from the east of Euphrates to the Tigris River in the Syrian – Iraqi – Turkish border triangle.

However, SOHR said debates continue about who would manage the areas that are under the control of the SDF in the east of the Euphrates.

It said the SDF demands Moscow to send regular Syrian army forces and not the Iran-backed Popular Defense Forces that were deployed on Feb. 20 in Afrin. Turkish airstrikes killed around 36 of them.

So far, SDF officials and those from the Democratic Union Party (PYD) have not confirmed the news. “I have no information about this,” one senior official told Kurdistan 24.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

this chapter of WW3

Glad this turned out to be not much of a world war.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
THis video blogger specifically about Syria is happy about this:

10 minutes long. She brought up an issue about the Kurds I was always wondering, what their real political affiliation is. Seems that the leading political party is communist. No wonder they have been getting such huge secret support from the Swamp.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools
Merry Christmas from the Syriac Church in Derik!

and the town Entrance

Yea you wouldn't see that in a Chinese church! But they are a different flavor not like the China or former Soviet. More like Cuba, which is about as good as it is going to get with respect for a people who have made that choice. They are an open society, multi cultural with varied deities as well as older Christian sects, Assyrian, Yazidi, even the occasional Zoroastrian. They are against persecution, the women really pitch in too. International recruits really have to commit to the cause too. They learn some of the languages and have to be skilled in certain things where they will benefit the most . They also don't discriminate against the gays too much, although I doubt they have that occurrence within their population other than as a statistical aberration . That is somewhat of a plus right?

They will easily come around to sound principals of non state owned industries and adopt privatization in large scale. Switching an economic system is simpler than that of government for a start up anyways. They just need somebody to catch them when they fall is all. Maybe throw a punch.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Rojava Resistance ‏ @RojavaCudi
Sources close to the Syrian Observatory report that US forces sent a letter to the US presidency, to say that the population's in manbij, refus to let the Turkish troops enter into their areas.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Rojava is in Danger!

US military establishes 2 new bases along Syrian border – report
BEIRUT, LEBANON (7:00 P.M.) – The U.S. military has established two new bases along the Iraqi-Syrian border, the Turkish state-owned Anadolu Agency reported on Tuesday.

Citing an Iraqi official, the Anadolu Agency said the U.S. military established the two bases in the western countryside of the Al-Anbar.

“The U.S. Army has established two new military facilities in uninhabited parts of the province,” Farhan al-Duleimi, a member of Anbar’s provisional council, told Anadolu Agency.

The first base, he said, had been set up in the northern Rumana subdistrict (in Anbar’s Al-Qaim district) near the Syrian border, roughly 360 kilometers west of provincial capital Ramadi.

The second base, he added, had been set up east of the city of Al-Rutbah, roughly 310 kilometers west of Ramadi and less than 100 kilometers from the Syrian border.

According to al-Duleimi, the twin bases are intended to help Iraqi forces “secure the country’s borders and prevent infiltrations by the Daesh terrorist group.”

“Scores of U.S. soldiers are currently stationed at the two bases, along with drones and other equipment,” al-Duleimi said without elaborating.

The Syrian army has positioned itself west of the city as a hedge against Turkish aggression.

Syria - Syrian Arab Army reinforcements in outskirts of Manbij

Protests in Manbij against Turkish threats

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Turkey is the worst. May their state collapse and be replaced by it's polar opposite

Bastards.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Today has seen an uptick in activity. Despite the Syrian Army (SAA) having an agreement with the SDF(Syrian Defense Force), the international coalition (CJTF-OIR) has tweeted out that they have seen no change in the military situation on the ground. That would corroborate Turkish authorities claims that the Syrian army was running a Psy-Op in an effort to delay or influence the offensive coming towards the Kurds.

BEIRUT, LEBANON (7:00 P.M.) – The U.S. Coalition is still inside the city of Manbij in northeast Syria, despite an agreement that was established between the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

In response to the Syrian Arab Army’s announcement regarding Manbij, the U.S. Coalition tweeted on Friday afternoon that these claims are untrue

“Despite incorrect information about changes to military forces in the city of Manbij, Syria, #CJTFOIR has seen no indication that these claims are true. We call on everyone to respect the integrity of Manbij and the safety of its citizens,” the U.S. Coalition tweeted on Friday.

Coalition forces had to launch flares to deter against a possible TSK incursion.

US forces fired flares, this time at Tukhar controlled by the #TFSA, to prevent a possible advance.

Location of incident

Most recent updated positions of Syrian, Turkish, and Coalition forces in the Manbij area.

A report on the situation from Turkish Public broadcasting

Our journalist Mohammad continues to follow US patrols in the area and give us an update of the city.

Rudaw is doing live streams in the downtown area. It just looks like a small market area going about their daily business though. Follow Rudaw on youtube for continued live streams as they occur.

AN Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp was hit with bad flooding after recent heavy rainfall. It just keeps on piling on for them. Keep them in your prayers.

Multiple recent videos show US forces patrolling the skies with helicopters.

You can keep track of activity simply by continuing to monitor the sources and links I am posting with these images and videos.

Theres more out there. Anti YPG graffitti has also shown up in the city the same day as an explosion went off.
edit on 12-29-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The ChristenUnie party of the Netherlands coalition government would like to continue their support with F-16's and maintaining a kind of peace keeping mission of sorts. Thank you Netherlands for giving us a hand for our mutual shared interests. Let us hope reason will vote accordingly at the end of the year.

The ChristenUnie wants a new mission of the Dutch army in Syria. The government party wants EU countries to assist the French and British in the fight against IS now that the Americans are leaving. Minister Blok must take the initiative in Europe to build a 'coalition of the willing' with which the EU will take over the US deployment in Syria.

"It's about deterrence so that Turkey can not just attack the Kurds, and the European Union can fulfill that buffer role in a way similar to the Americans with limited resources.

In recent years, the Netherlands has been operating with F-16s in Syria. This mission, in which IS bases were bombed from the air, will end on 31 December.

edit on 12-29-2018 by worldstarcountry because: broken syntax

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

مركز التنسيق الروسي يعود للعريمة في ريف حلب والجيش السوري يعزز نقاطه في البلدة
The Russian Coordination Center is back in Aleppo and the Syrian army is consolidating its points in the town

Russian returend to Manbij area. Command and staff vehicles Р-149АКШ-1 allegedly 5 km from Manbij.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The Syrians are transporting heavy armor towards Manbij in a race to rule the district. This armor is the only thing that will counter Turkish armor in the countryside along the border where Syrian army has moved into. As long as our air patrols the skies, The FSA factions will remain at bay as well.
Appears to be an interesting mish mash of MBT's.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join