It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient ruins older then the Pyramids found in Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Cool stuff here... puts Canada on the map...

er wait, we're on the map already! lol

We're those strange people that ride Cariboo and live in Igloo's way north of the USA

Found out in British Columbia, which makes sense with the whole ice bridge migration theory

A team of Canadian Ph.D students discovered an ancient village that dates back to before the era of the pyramids.

Students from the University of Victoria’s archeology department have uncovered the oldest settlement in North America. This ancient village was discovered when researchers were searching Triquet Island, an island located about 300 miles north of Victoria, British Columbia.
The team found ancient fish hooks and spears, as well as tools for making fires. However, they really hit the jackpot when they found an ancient cooking hearth, from which they were able to obtain flakes of charcoal burnt by prehistoric Canadians.
Using carbon dating on the charcoal flakes, the researchers were able to determine that the settlement dates back 14,000 years ago, making it significantly older than the pyramids of Ancient Egypt, which were built about 4,700 years ago.

To understand how old that truly is, one has to consider that the ancient ruler of Egypt, Cleopatra lived closer in time to you than she did to the creation of the pyramids. Even to what we consider ancient people, the Egyptian pyramids were quite old.
This newly discovered settlement dates back more than three times older than the pyramids.

Alisha Gauvreau, a Ph.D student who helped discover this site said, “I remember when we got the dates back, and we just sat back and said, ‘Holy moly, this is old.'”
She and her team began investigating the area for ancient settlements after hearing the oral history of the indigenous Heiltsuk people, which told of a sliver of land that never froze during the last ice age.
William Housty, a member of the Heiltsuk First Nation, said, “To think about how these stories survived only to be supported by this archeological evidence is just amazing.”

www.collective-evolution.com...

We keep finding ancient sites that go farther and father back in time....

You gotta wonder how far back we actually go

what will we find next!?!

edit on 23-12-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

the oldest settlement in North America

who would settle up north when the weather is so cold in the winter back then?

could it be that the weather back then was warmer?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Can you please supply a link? This is fascinating.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I always found Graham Hancock's theory about the destruction of prior civilizations interesting and it would seem after the discovery of the very large crater in Greenland he is right about the 12,800 year old impact. When the impact happened ice melted, megafauna died, and the seas rose.. Key in the many flood stories throughout the world.. There was a sight in south America that a geologist found what she claimed was so old (think 25,000 or 250,000 thousand years ago for the sight; can't remember the exact age) that no one believed her even though the latest dating techniques were used.. She has been unemployed in her chosen field since.. I keep thinking if we keep digging and radar mapping of the ocean floor keeps improving there are many things yet to be discovered is my guess.

When the first theory about the 65 million year old asteroid killing off the dinos was put forth it was more than 10 years of ridicule for the theory before the crater in the Yucatan was found. There are still those today who dispute the theory even though dinos are found below the iridium layer and none are found world wide above the layer..

Also you might want to add a link to your thread..

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Multiculturism doesn't always pay off.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

For deceades, I've found Graham Hancocks information to be most fascinating.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

easy to find on google if you search the title, Though I should have provided a link... sorry

originally posted by: Dr UAE

the oldest settlement in North America

who would settle up north when the weather is so cold in the winter back then?

could it be that the weather back then was warmer?

I take it you've never been to BC...lol

They barely get winter... it hits -1 at the most on average...

They call a state of emergency in BC when they get a few sprinkles of snow.... lol

plus is close to water... and forest... only makes sense

edit on 23-12-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

found one here from last year

and

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I always imagined a Canadian pyramid held together by duct tape... right in front of the Possum Lodge...

"If archeologists don't find you handsome, they can at least find you handy..."
edit on 23-12-2018 by madmac5150 because: "Quando omni flunkus moritati"

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Like MacGyver duct tape handy. Didn't they film that tv series in BC?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

naaah never been there and wont even think about it its way too far for me

and about the weather on that island, wikipedia says

Average annual temperature is approximately 6.9 °C (44.4 °F)

Wiki

that is nowadays so how was it during the ice age

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

probably cold?

Ice age and all eh...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ViXxeN

I'm not sure, but they did film Stargate SG-1 there... Patrick McKenna ("Harold" on the Red Green show) appears in a few SG-1 episodes as "Dr. Felger"

edit on 23-12-2018 by madmac5150 because: Col. O'Neill's instructions

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

I'm not sure, but they did film Stargate SG-1 there... Patrick McKenna (Harold on the Red Green show) appears in a few SG-1 episodes as "Dr. Felger"

Probably the greatest series they ever made, next to MacGuyver.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

I'm not sure, but they did film Stargate SG-1 there... Patrick McKenna (Harold on the Red Green show) appears in a few SG-1 episodes as "Dr. Felger"

Probably the greatest series they ever made, next to MacGuyver.

Bob and Doug MacKenzie are still the greatest Canadians ever...

...until... Colin Mocharie...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Ah you mean these Hosers?

edit on 23-12-2018 by ViXxeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

One of the most interesting parts of this is that the island never froze during the ice age. I would imagine an ice free area could be a natural magnet for settlers back then and also conducive to the preservation of the evidence.

What kept it from freezing? Ocean currents, volcanic activity? I have read there are ice free areas on Antarctica today because of hot springs. They should make a serious attempt to identify locations like this in Canada. Who knows what they might find?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Says in the link that they worshiped a maple syrup god

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
seems logic !
round 70.000 years ago Toba erupted whiped out nearly all live round the equator
so it is logic that later civilications are centerd in the northern and Southern hemisferes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join