It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook let Netflix, Spotify, and other companies read your private messages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
cui bono ???

ok - if " they " have 9 years worth of my online data - how has it benefitted them ????????????

seriously - how ?????????????

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Facebook and social media is a remarkable social phenomenon.

Even though knowledge of their mass surveillance is common knowledge and generally opposed, they still continue to be used.

I often wonder given knowledge of their espionage against the people whether people in countries that have a history of heavy handed political surveillance are as open to using it as the west.

People willingly put up every single detail about their lives, thoughts and opinions for all to see. Including corporations and the state.

The Stasi would have absolutely loved facebook. I know that for sure.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hate facebook , hate layout , hate the complexity, hate the color, hate the stupid no content stories of how one cooks his dinner or went for the bathroom
Hate the gossips and black sheepish talk.

It's the place where you can ruin your life so everbody can have a laugh while it's happening

Got an account but couldn't delete it..

Hate that!
edit on 0b35America/ChicagoSat, 22 Dec 2018 10:54:35 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 22 Dec 2018 10:54:35 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Phage

Not exactly. Those entities were given the same access to your account as your "friends" are? Subtle difference, not sure it matters.

Facebook gave access to private messages. That's way beyond standard friend access.

not only that, but access to SENDING private messages in some cases.

honestly, as a programmer, i don't get it. when someone wants their service integrated, there are APIs for that. app access and stuff. you give a certain app access to your account, facebook tells you what that app can do, you either give access or you don't, period. you can revoke it at any time as well.

now, the question is, is this all some kind of FUD being spread about companies that got access BECAUSE USERS PERMITTED IT, or did facebook give them access behind the door, with users having absolutely no control over it.

if it's the latter, facebook is the most moronic corporation on this planet and will go down in flames, fast. knowing how people (and the government!) love to create a sh..storm out of nothing to gather attention (for whatever purposes), i have my doubts.

Yup I had no idea your friends could end up reading your messages. Facebook cost me my marriage about 3 years back because of this. I was sending messages with a few female friends and eventual they turned sexual and we were having fun. A couple of them we ended up trading private pictures of ourselves.. It was all just in fun, or so I thought. So anyways like a year after this my wife found out and wasn't too happy. She knew exactly what I was writing and accused me of "sexting", didn't even know that was a thing at the time. Anyways asked her how she know all this and she told me she was able to read my messages through her account and I was an idiot for doing this on facebook because nothing is private on facebook yadayadayada any who, lesson learned!!!

it all worked out for the best in the end got a divorce and ended up marrying her (former) best friend like a year later and we've been living happily ever after since and she's expecting now . But ya learned my lesson about sending messages on FB haha had no idea friends could read them

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

FB didn't screw your marriage bro. You did.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

phys.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
cui bono ???

ok - if " they " have 9 years worth of my online data - how has it benefitted them ????????????

seriously - how ?????????????

I suppose if all stays well and you don't have law issues no secrets and you don't mind your info being used to target you for sales, loans, politics and all of the rest. Then your ok with it, but what if things ever changed? How did Hitler's henchmen find Jews for instance? information on each of us can be a danger to us in a bad system of Government and beyond the nuisance it is otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join