It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Police have formally asked for military assistance to help end the problem.

The Army has been called in to help deal with the mayhem at Gatwick caused by drones flying near the airport. Sussex Police have formally requested the help of the military and a source told The Telegraph assistance could come in the form of helicopters, vans or soldiers on the ground.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

"Overabundance of caution". They'd rather keep the airspace closed too long, than open it and have them come back and have to close it again.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I identified the drone as DJI Mavic.
The battery life is around 22-25 minutes and can travel 5-7 km depending on the topography.
The culprits must have an in-car charger or good stack of batteries.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You the guy from another forum who called the police?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's back now but why didn't they follow it when it landed the first or second time?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yes, I contacted the Sussex police with how to get ahold of DJI so they can tell them who the drone is registered to.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My first thoughts where the yellow vest dudes as some sort of protest.
But who knows - just pure speculation on my part

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: and14263

Yes, I contacted the Sussex police with how to get ahold of DJI so they can tell them who the drone is registered to.

Hats off to you Mac. Thank you from the UK

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

No problem!
It makes my blood boil when these idiot hobbyists use drones for stupidity.
I hope they catch this dude and they get some serious punishment.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are news spreading since yesterday, that some people spied out german and french airports, so called islamists.
Maybe there is a connection?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Problem solved

edit on 20-12-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm failing to grasp how this is still happening. In the most recent reports they have said the drone keeps reappearing. So if I was the local authourites or even the army, I'd have a helicopter on the ground on stand by fully filed and equipment with thermal camera, have it out of sight, as soon as the drone is spotted launch the helicopter and track it from a safe distance until it lands somewhere

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy site. Anyone else than me thinking that the official story is bs?!

edit on 20-12-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError
Others are questioning it. Reports that the drone reappears yet I've yet to see a single image on any news channels of said drone

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Last night at @ 21:45 two very bright objects spotted above Gatwick landing strips. Objects hovered for approx. 14 hours until helicopters sent to inspect...objects dissapeared. Helicopters leave, objects reappear. Dawn......object spotted hovering in near same location...police search areas around Gatwick looking for culprit(s). Military snipers from Army called in, spot object, not allowed to shoot. Transport Minister releases statement to press that "drone" must be "substantial" since hovering time and lights defy battery times on any known drone. Press specualtes "diesel" drone possibility though NASA seems to be the only source of active diesel drones capable of 6+ hoursof hover and emitting bright light times. All flights cancelled out and into Gatwick for 24 hours thus far. "Drones" still active over runways.

Theresa may and Cross Party committees meet at Whitehall to discuss matter...Army and RAF called into action.

The term "Drone" is all over the UK media...no mention of "UFO", which it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This really sounds like a bit of industrial sabotage.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is that correct it hovered for 14 hours ? Surely not. If true the authourites couldn't pull enough resources together in that amount of time to track and follow the 'drone' ?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UmbertoEcco
www.youtube.com...

Sorry I just had to

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMakerHelicpoters were sent up to intercept and inspect and every time, the "drones" dissapeared. Returning as soon as the helicpoters left. This game of cat and mouse has stymied airport and police authorities for nearly two days. If this IS a "drone", the operators have many many batteries, have the "drones" "altered" so that normal signal interruption techniques of Police, GCHQ, RAF and other authorities cannot crack as of yet.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join