It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administartion bans bump stocks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

give it to me hard you stable genius you. lol

(post by DBCowboy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd imagine, if they are, they don't understand what has just been banned.

Personally I doubt they'd even admit that the Trump administration has done something that could be construed as common sense.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This gives the anti-gun side a meaningless win. I wonder if its a compromise to get something else he wants? If so, it's a good move. Get rid of something meaningless that satiates the rabid anti-gun crowd and maybe get a little cooperation on something else?

I disagree.

Giving in to the idiots who want to ban everything from guns to speech to offensive statues just emboldens them even more.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why would the '[snipped]' be dancing in the street when Trump was the one who did this? Liberals couldn't get this done in a million years, it took the Republican President literally pulling a fast one on EVERY SINGLE ONE of his supporters/voters to accomplish this.
edit on 12.19.2018 by Kandinsky because: Removed quote of removed post

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Why would the 'snipped' be dancing in the street when Trump was the one who did this? Liberals couldn't get this done in a million years, it took the Republican President literally pulling a fast one on EVERY SINGLE ONE of his supporters/voters to accomplish this.

You guys got something banned!

Pop the champagne cork!
edit on 12.19.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped quote of removed post

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why would the 'leftards' be dancing in the street when Trump was the one who did this? Liberals couldn't get this done in a million years, it took the Republican President literally pulling a fast one on EVERY SINGLE ONE of his supporters/voters to accomplish this.

Pop the champagne cork!

We didn't though, Trump did. We've been trying forever but couldn't do it. What I'm trying to say is us liberals are upset that the Republican President Donald Trump, who had been a 2nd amendment champion up until today, actual betrayed the entirety of his supporters/base and accomplished this and literally took the wind out of our sails. He literally stabbed Conservatives in the back more painfully than we ever could...

Now we're left reeling as the realization that Trump may actually advance the liberal banner further than the conservative banner during his tenure as president....
edit on 51pm18fpmTue, 18 Dec 2018 14:21:44 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 18 Dec 2018 14:21:44 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Good thing that a bumpstock is so hard to recreate with everyday household items (or a thumb and a belt buckle).

Point being, laws and bans mean nothing to the criminally insane, yet here we are, appeasing the lowest hanging fruit.

edit on 18-12-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Liar.

Like you give a god-damn what he does to anyone who supports him.

Don't worry, your Hillary will probably run in 2020 and ban everything else.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Why would the 'leftards' be dancing in the street when Trump was the one who did this? Liberals couldn't get this done in a million years, it took the Republican President literally pulling a fast one on EVERY SINGLE ONE of his supporters/voters to accomplish this.

Pop the champagne cork!

So you are saying trump banned bump stocks for the lefties? How does that make sense...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Pop the champagne cork!

So you are saying trump banned bump stocks for the lefties? How does that make sense...

Why do you care about the reasons?

You have something banned!

Maybe if you ask nicely, Trump will get rid of free speech for you too!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Oh man, when Obama even suggested the idea of banning bumpstocks, you guys all went bananas over it.

Trump actually does it? And silence, yeah, that's cool, Trump could do anything he wants to me, I'd be fine with it.

Where is this silence of which you speak?

Oh, just because you made it on the front page of the thread, you act like no one cares because it's Trump and not Obama.

Go peddle that horsesh*t elsewhere--it's irrelevant to intelligent discussion over arbitrary government bans on products that can be reduced down to a thumb and a belt buckle.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

Liar.

Like you give a god-damn what he does to anyone who supports him.

Don't worry, your Hillary will probably run in 2020 and ban everything else.

I care more about you DBCowboy than I do about Trump, doesn't that mean anything to you!?!

But honestly, I feel bad for Conservatives right now because its a total 180 and just kind of boggles the mind that Trump would pick this hill to die on. Its literally one of the biggest issues for his supporters so I can't figure out for the life of me why he's all the sudden secretly (or perhaps not so secretly) jumped over to the liberals side on this....
edit on 51pm18fpmTue, 18 Dec 2018 14:31:42 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 18 Dec 2018 14:31:42 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since there is little records of who owns bumpstocks i believe very few will be turned in and many will end up buried for teotwawki or if the democrats remove trump by coup d'état

If you bought your bumpstock on the internet the government may know but if you bought it at a gun show and no one ask for ID the government will never know.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Pop the champagne cork!

Why do you care about the reasons?

You have something banned!

Maybe if you ask nicely, Trump will get rid of free speech for you too!

The reason is important especially when you are claiming it's a win for the left, you are being dishonest, the left have and want to keep their guns too.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I don’t think this will change anything in regards to mass shootings.
I never used a bump stock but always wanted to. Guess ill just have to use one at a range now.
No biggie

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

You could have fooled me after the Las Vegas shooting, righties were up in arms over bump stocks around these parts. Now all of a sudden "no big deal". Lol, typical groveling at Trump's feet.

you are falling for the left right divide, it's what they want you to do. Don't be a tool for them to use. You have to be smarter, and more "enlightened".

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Getting rid of bumpstocks is not bad. We can't own fully automatic rifles or guns and bumpstocks are just ways of getting around the laws we already have on the books. We do not need bumpstocks or fully automatic weapons.

I will not back bumpstock legality but will fight for our right to own guns other than fully automatic weapons, I think our society should keep banning them. Can't people even aim these days?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Next, they won't ban guns, just magazines that carry anything over 3 rounds.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I was on the threads when Vegas went down, and I just don't remember a big uproar over saving bump stocks. I do remember some saying it was the time to buy bump stocks for no other reason then resale value once they were banned.

Perhaps you who smugly assert that the right wing gun crazy crowd was angry about this, could offer a link or two.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join