It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump appears to back down from demanding wall funding from congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
As always, people always jump the gun

We don't know ANYTHING yet and the article doesn't define anything as well.

As sourced,

"Still, Trump himself has not weighed in Tuesday on how much money he would accept. As always, a comment or tweet from the president could trample on the message administration officials try to send."

So, lets not say, "another loss" until we can definitively say it's one.

The wall was a main campaign promise, he'll get it, but the navigations can be tough sometimes.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Grambler

The White House suggested Tuesday that President Donald Trump's could back down from his demand for $5 billion to fund his proposed border wall in a year-end spending bill.

www.cnbc.com...

Well looks like another loss for trump

Another win for the establishment of both parties

We know the globalist establishment wants open borders and illegal immigration

This is just another example

Trump backs down again from basically his most core promise

Sure, I know he tried and didn’t expect even the establishment in his party to screw him over, but when the rubber meets the road, he is caving in yet again

his CORE PROMISE was to have mexico pay for it...you people got suckered by him and you're still carrying his water.....
Suckered? No.

You got suckered bad and as a result, a bitter person for the remainder of this Presidency, keep eating crow.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The White House suggested Tuesday that President Donald Trump's could back down from his demand for $5 billion to fund his proposed border wall in a year-end spending bill.

www.cnbc.com...

Sure, I know he tried and didn’t expect even the establishment in his party to screw him over, but when the rubber meets the road, he is caving in yet again

his CORE PROMISE was to have mexico pay for it...you people got suckered by him and you're still carrying his water.....

I voted for the possible candidate to out establishment corruption, which he did, even if unintentionally

You keep cheering for that corruption

As for the wall, I understood he met Mexico would pay as a result of a shifting trade deal in some way

I knew that ultimately congress would have to pay upfront

But again, I am calling trump out in this; just like I did his attacks on Syria, his debt spending, and many other things

Unlike many people who dislike trump who are willing to sell out their integrity and cheer for cotton get trump, I have no problem calling out people o support when they deserve it

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Funny how people immediately take an article at face without reading a bit more into it.

This is the liberal media we're talking about, there is ALWAYS a catch with the reporting, it's all within the context.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Funny how people immediately take an article at face without reading a bit more into it.

This is the liberal media we're talking about, there is ALWAYS a catch with the reporting, it's all within the context.

I read it and watched Sara sanders own comments

Trumo went from “I will own a shut down”

To I really want to avoid it and will look for other ways to fund the wall

That is terrible

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We'll see what happens, but I laughed when Trump said he would take full responsibility for a shutdown. The man hasn't willingly taken the blame for anything in his entire life, and he's going to own a government shutdown at Christmas time?

I fully expect him to back down and sign a CR if there is one agreed upon by Congress. Then again, I've learned it's foolish to pretend to know what he will do from one minute to the next.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It is not the military's responsibility to deal with immigration. That responsibility falls to the DHS and the DOS (mostly). Immigration policy needs to be reformed. In this situation (and ideally, all situations) our government needs to be proactive rather than reactive. There's nothing more reactive to immigration than trying to build a monstrosity of a wall, and sending actual military troops to the border. We're better than that.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

No we are not better than that

Instead we allow over 20 million illegals for future votes or cheap labor, encourage illegals to make the trip where they will be harmed, and our congress pretends every year for decades to finally be serious about doing something, and then do nothing

So a wall and troops are far better than what we are right now

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I read it and watched Sara sanders own comments

Trumo went from “I will own a shut down”

To I really want to avoid it and will look for other ways to fund the wall

That is terrible
...if we can avoid a shutdown, then what is the issue?

Yes, Trump boasted about it, but when probably had a deeper look into it and realized it would hinder his plans.

Trump always gets something out of it and his stubborness will demand it.

As for Sanders, well she just literally tweeted an hour ago that the Potus won't back down until the American people are safe.

Once again, we simply don't know, but assumptions are dangerous and the part I sourced actually cancels anything assumed as Trump can change his tune on the fly, which is a tune we DON'T know beyond some liberal media article.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I know he tried and didn’t expect even the establishment in his party to screw him over

He didn't? Just how stupid could he be.. He came into the debates and basically called the whole crowd of candidates a bunch of names and derided the Republican establishment and then stole the far right base of their party. He showed them little respect at all.

He told them that he could do it all by himself. ""I am the only one"".. His actions all along have expressed to them ''my way or the highway. Is he so enamored with himself that he figured he had them all under his thumb? That would make him out a totally naive guy. Did he really expect that they would at one point or another give up on the cover they allowed him to give to their agenda?

As to the notion that the globalist establishment wants open borders and illegal immigration, well that is questionable as well. Would a globalist society under the thump of a global cabal of elitists want open borders? Would they want the plebs to have the freedom to roam wherever they wanted or would they want to clamp down on inter-area travel. Seems to me that they would want people penned up in their local areas, their own little population cells.

One might as well look to the push for chipping. Get everyone to have them implanted. This is what the GE want. So where is the sense in allowing undocumented immigration where thousands more people will be running around with no easy way to know where they are, or who they are?

I will think about believing that open borders is a globalist plot when they offer chips in the neck to anyone who wants to come here, or for that matter across any border. That would be a good place for them to start, chip the immigrants. Make it a condition of admission to the country. Then all the ''citizens'' can rest easy knowing where all the immigrants are and what they are doing.

And for thinking that Trump is ''caving in'', well what did we think, that he would stand with the ''border people'' and fulfill that promise? Hah. The border was NEVER anything to Trump other than a carrot hung over the heads of his base. EVER.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Of course globalist want to remove borders

It’s almost in the name”globalist “

It’s why they hate “nationalist “, people that want to protect the sovereignty of countries

Its why they are pushing mass immigration in the eu, and the free flow of people

It’s why Soros “open borders society” is named open borders society

No borders also is one of the easiest ways to ensure cheap labor and the destruction of the middle class, one of the globalist biggest goals

And it’s a shame if you are right that trumps brash demeanor is enough for his own party to sell out their constituents and cheer for illegal immigration

Though we know that it’s not because of trump, the establishment on both sides have welcomed illegal immigration for years and don’t want to secure borders
edit on 18-12-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Ok, I guess what I meant is: we should be better than that. It isn't that I think nothing needs to be done. Clearly something does. But a huge wall and soldiers is not the answer.

America is supposed to be the land of the free and the home of the brave. If we board up and militarize our border, we are no longer free, and we would be showing that we aren't brave. Who are we scared of? Construction workers? The ridiculously low percentage of actual criminals that come through the border? We have a problem if our police force/government/etc is more scared of those folks than the (vastly larger) number of criminals that we already have in America. We're already overrun with criminals. Want America to be safer? Focus on the bad guys who are already here, not POTENTIAL new ones.

The wall is only a stopgap, it is not a permanent solution. And a temporary solution shouldn't cost the taxpayers billions of dollars.

Fix the core problem, don't put a bandaid over it.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

Yep...if you're losing the fight, quit swinging

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hahahaha!

So we should focus on criminals in the USA, but not ones that may come illegally

So hey, average American, when you go thru a border of fly, we basically have to give you a cavity search

But we wouldn’t dare want to seem like cowards and stop illegals!

Please

It’s not a matter of looking like cowards, it’s a matter of walls work or may work, and the opposition to it is based on the fear it would work

And the stats on criminal numbers of us citizens vs illegals are not as you say

I am tired of the narrative these illegals are BETTER than Americans

We know we know; studies show they are more hard working and less criminal on average than us crappy Americans

That’s why the caravan people in Tijuana are making that area so much better

Oh wait..

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

"won't back down until the American people are safe".

You truly feel that illegal immigrants are the number one factor in making Americans unsafe right now?
What about the millions of American criminals who were born and raised here?
What about the opioid crisis taking over the country?
What about rampant inflation and cost of living increases that are forcing thousands of people onto the streets?

There are SO many better issues for the government to focus on than building a wall.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is the thing unless the contractors who are hired are given a tremendous budget to get this thing built it will be Mexicans and the rest of Central American population building this thing. People bitch and moan about the wall but 9/10 americans won't even get off their coach to mow the lawn, they hire cheap labor to do it. Go look in the lettuce fields of central Washington, its migrant workers mostly undocumented central Americans harvesting it. Any type of manuel labor (no I didn't misspell) is done majorly by our undocumented neighbors to the south, that is unless the wage is above a certain amount (just spit balling here.) This does come as a lose to the Trump regime but it will eventually get built, possible by a Trump shell company created in Mexico who will get the contract and hire labor at a wage they would be proud to take and that we "Mericans "can't" live on. Sheesh it's not like Trump cares about the legalities of anything he does, he would prolly stand to make a good amount of pocket change in the process, and when it comes down to it that is all he is about, his bottom line, not making anything great again.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You just put a TON of words in my mouth. I never said any of that.

-We should focus on ALL criminals, both legal and illegal.
-I also didn't say that we're cowardly because we want to stop illegal immigration. I said boarding up our border and militarizing it isn't exactly "brave". Fix it the proper way, don't try to seem strong by putting thousands of troops somewhere they have no business being. It seems overcompensating and try-hard.
-I never mentioned cavity searching the average american. Strawman.
-I never said that illegals are better than Americans. I will say, that as humans, they are equal. As citizens, they are not.
-I am in opposition of the wall, and I have no fear of the wall actually working. I have a fear of spending billions of tax dollars on a wall that "may" work. There are cheaper solutions with the same possible outcome...they "may" work. Why not try those?
-As for actual stats on criminal numbers comparing illegals vs citizens? In Texas in 2015, for every 100,000 natives there were 1,797 criminal convictions, for every 100,000 illegals there were 899 criminal convictions, and for legal immigrants there were 611. www.cato.org...

-Fix the immigration process, don't spend billions of our money building something on a "maybe".

I'll fully admit that SOME illegal immigrants are bad. I'll fully admit that of American citizens too.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

s for the wall, I understood he met Mexico would pay as a result of a shifting trade deal in some way

I knew that ultimately congress would have to pay upfront

You and most other people that voted for him. The left knows this too, they just have to dishonestly pretend he meant like Mexico was going to write us a check that said "for the wall" on the Memo line. Just like they have to pretend he's talking about a literal 2,000-mile solid concrete wall, when he's been on record since the campaign saying it's actually going to be a border system, it'll be walls, fences, sensors and technology, etc etc. But, you can't hold them to addressing what he actually said, that would be racist or something.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No borders also is one of the easiest ways to ensure cheap labor and the destruction of the middle class, one of the globalist biggest goals

No borders and ''loose borders''. Cheap labor, boom. A problem that goes back how long, decades? Half a century? A millennium?.. and more? We can call it ''cheap labor'' or we can call it '' disposable labor''.

Going way back when tribes fought over land or hunting grounds. The winning tribe would take in those who were still alive as members of the victorious tribe if they took the knee. But then somewhere along the line someone noticed that the resources of the tribe, if the tribegot to large for the local environment, were limited. The switch was made to taking the vanquished only as slaves, officially lesser tribe members who were used as disposable labor.

New world? Let's import disposable labor. Manufacturing all around the country, bring in the disposable labor. Build a housing complex? Disposable labor.

The middle class is a flash in the pan. Enough people turned against racial slavery and those who would exploit disposable labor had to take a back seat for a century. They had to bow away from some of their own profits and ''pay'' livable wages and offer benefits. Now they are taking it all back.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The never said you said things like cavity searches

I said that is basically what regular Americans go thru

You then site studies showing illegals committ less crimes than Americans

That is garbage and irrelevant. Are we now allowed to look at the demographics of who commits crime?

Illegal immigration is a problem

The wall is at least an effort to help stop in, and is relatively inexpensive compared to our overarching budget

It doesn’t make us any more less brave than you having a border or door on your house makes you a coward

We know for example the southern wall in Israel helped stop illegal immigration there

All of the problems you mentioned could be better solved or are exacerbated by millions of illegals or an open border

Such as opioids flowing thru the border, crime, or people living on the streets

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join