It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-- The Concept of Eternal Life --

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Let's face it... not one of us is truly looking forward to our deaths.
That's why science is a trying so very hard to run a long-route around The Reaper and score an immortal touchdown victory, whether through biochemistry, bio-mechanics, pure data transfer, or going to 'Heaven' (the only place ancient people couldn't explore, AHEM) people are absolutely scrambling for the answers!

So here comes Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, a bunch of weird animal gods, etc... to save the day. Hooray.

WeLLLLLL, sorry. NOPE, science, NOPE, aliens, NOPE, spirit world, Nope, matrix... and no thanks.

Live forver? What the hell for?!! DO do exactly WHAT???? Good lord Elon Musk.. let it go already. We don't live at the bottom of the ocean yet either... where's all the effort for that? LOLOL... dumbasses. Primates.

All just --|--|-->II> primates ordering form Amazon, of course, with nowhere to go. The embers of a cosmic fire, dying out and daydreaming.

At best we die at worst we repeat this roller-coaster indefinitely/infinitely. What a treat. =)

So which would you guys choose? Eternal Life or Eternal Peace? ;-)
And WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

edit on Fri Dec 14 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed symbols from title

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The only time I would choose eternal life is if I had complete control of humanity.
Sounds evil but you all know it’s true.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

What you are describing as "life" to some is just a temporary phase where spirit is captured in matter.

I would rather not spend eternity that way... in the larval stage.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The Brotherhood of the Craft oft ponder death.

You may have to ask one to become one.

It is called momento mori and is the constant reminder we are all headed to a dirt nap.

But yeah, it can be scary if viewed a certain mentality.

Happy travels!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The decision is truly based the individuals belief and or faith.

Do you believe the technology possibly singularity based will biologically/mechanically enhance you. Enhancing you in hopes to free you from experiencing the death phase of the phases of life and death within EXISTENCE?

Or do you truly have belief in the paranormal/supernatural realm that seems metaphysical in perception when "alive"?
And have faith in the ways positive/negative/neutral energy is balanced-managed enough to conduct yourself within EXISTENCE accordingly

Knowing ultimately that your Created ETERNAL Spirit will shed this shell made from local minerals/dirt or if your aliens made from local materials from their habitat (unless genetic absorbers who collect genetic materials along the way to enhance and assist evolving) therefore accepting the temporary shell preparing to Ascend into another...

So again the decision is based on the belief and faith of said individuals.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

We are ALL Eternal Beings working Our ways back from whence We came, The One Infinite Creator, Hunab Ku. Some of Us will 'choose' to re-boot some will HAVE TO re-boot, no penalty..

Even the stinkiest TURD will make it there eventually. Say somebody murders 5 of Her 'other Selves' many religions™ would theorize they will "burn in Hell" but they are actually the little kid w/cancer that everybody LOVES, this is how they work off their 'beef' ..

You can also see who You were in prior 'time' when You were in a skinsuit..

Those who are fearful of 'death' are those who also suffer from "Fear Of Missing Out"

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Who's to say we are not now living in Eternity?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

100 billion stars or many more in the Milky Way, estimates of 50-100 billion earth like planets possibly in the Milky Way alone. Billions of galaxy's. Lets not even touch multiverses or different dimensions. So many places to see and explore, cant wrap my head around people who think the measly few decades we possibly get is enough.. HOW COULD YOU LOOK UP AT THE STARS AND THINK THAT?

Bring on life eternal if it means i get to see all that #.
edit on 14-12-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy
Let's face it... not one of us is truly looking forward to our deaths.

Some people are indifferent about their pending death. It's certainly possible so I imagine it happens.

That's why science is a trying so very hard to run a long-route around The Reaper
Live forver? What the hell for?!! DO do exactly WHAT???? Good lord Elon Musk.. let it go already. We don't live at the bottom of the ocean yet either... where's all the effort for that? LOLOL... dumbasses. Primates.

People like having sex. It doesn't take much imagination to conclude the longer you live the more sex you have. Desire is powerful motivation. There is value in living longer than 100 years.

All just --|--|-->II> primates ordering form Amazon, of course, with nowhere to go. The embers of a cosmic fire, dying out and daydreaming. At best we die at worst we repeat this roller-coaster indefinitely/infinitely. What a treat.
So which would you guys choose? Eternal Life or Eternal Peace? WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

I choose life for how long it takes to master the hardest Sudoku.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The false self-worth that we all have makes us believe there must be something greater. The complete inability to comprehend time makes us think that eternity would be bearable... in any form. Religions have further diluted the concept with countless stories and dreamy suggestion that makes little more than half-decent storytelling.

From all we can tell, all of our existence is, in general, pointless. Life is fleeting. Closer to death every single day. The amount of time that we are alive is almost immeasurably short in the grande scheme of things.

But that doesn't mean it's without beauty. That the multitude of things that happened to bring you about aren't amazing. If anything else went another way, you wouldn't exist (which makes it special and not-special all at the same time, as it would have just been a different outcome, or a different person, or no person that would have led to another outcome... all equally special).

That makes me appreciate this all the more. I could be gone any day. That every day is my only chance. To do right by this chance. To enjoy. To spread happiness so others will be happy in this life. To give my loved ones happiness. To give the person I'm with the best version of me. To stay healthy and fit so that I can explore all of our (somewhat little) world. To be alive now when technology is at a point that our recorded history could not have imagined being possible. To learn and teach. Help others. Help my friends. Smile at the sun. Swim in the power of the ocean. Try to survive and keep on keeping on. And then when it's time, I hope I can look back without regret.

For all we can know, when my existence is over, the most likely thing that will follow is that I won't know I was alive. There will be no such thing as knowing, not for me. There will be no such thing as me, ever again. And truthfully, in about 3 generations, most of us will be pretty much forgotten. And that all stings a bit (but not quite as much as it first did when I realized this around age 11), but to assume anything else is far too arrogant and wishful. I'd rather be honest and push forward with a smile.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My fourth theory on eternal life s based on the teachings of Zen Buddhism combined with the teachings of Jesus with a sprinkling of creative linguistics. Consider the following passages from the Bible.

John 3:1-10
[QUOTE]Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit." Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can these things be?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?[/QUOTE]

Romans 10:9-10
[QUOTE]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.[/QUOTE]

Corinthians 5:17
[QUOTE]Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.[/QUOTE]

There are many ways to interpret the words in the Bible. Words are pointers to some meaning. Everyone experiences the meaning of words based on their life experiences. So what does it mean to die and be born again is full of many interpretations. Here is what I think it means.

Who are we? What is important is to realize we are not just like each other, we ARE each other. None of us invented sex. It is just part of what it means to be a human being. Everyone is capable of having sex. The same thing is true with human character. None of us invented or owns our human character. Most of us have ego delusion. Everything we think is who we are exists in other people. Our way of looking at the world is not unique. What makes us happy and what makes us sad is not unique. Since you are not really uniquely alive as your ego delusion would have you believe, who you are lives on in the human race. As long as the human race is thriving none us will actual die.

Once you realize we are all the same, once you recognize your own ego delusion, you die and are reborn again to experience what being a human being really means. This new way of experiencing what it means to be a human being is like the golden rule on steroids. Seeing other people as you changes the way you experience and appreciate God. You are never alone because everyone around you is a friend. Knowing you will not die because you will live on in other people is very liberating. You attain a new found faith that no matter what happens everything is going be alright because everything you love and appreciate is going to live on in other people.

You see people who are full of fear and hate as being confused versions of yourself but just slightly mixed up and confused. You will realize that even though some people are mixed up and confused, they are still worthy of your own love and forgiveness equal to the full measure of the love and respect you have for yourself.

With the fourth theory, you never die because you are not alive in singular sense. Who you are lives on as long as the human race continues to live on. We are each other.

edit on 15-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i am the only entity that I am sure exists. None of you are even real.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Parallel reality's side by side, infinite in number some just a little ahead some just a little behind, whispers in the void between them joining them tenuously but the most real of these consciousness that sometime's whispers across the void creating premonitions' and foreboding dream's as the ship of the soul navigates the endless sea of reality's seeking always the calm still waters and the fairest wind's to take it were it only knows.

A boy is struck down by a car, his mother unable to stop her grieving but forced to go on with her life for the sake of his little sister her daughter keep's seeing him, smelling his particular scent, hearing his voice but wonders if she is mad, her pain linking her to those reality's were he is still alive but in this reality he is just a dream of the child she loved and lost.

The mind I am whom I am whispers to itself in the chaos of super space deciding that it want's to be that it shall be that reality it project's is the reality the body in which it shall take shape for a time, the briefest moment in true eternity just a flicker of a candle but one of an infinite number of flickers that light up the space of the soul like stars in the sky and all of them are just one soul, one soul that is one of an infinite number of soul's that never truly die.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You are sentient consciousness within a living universe. Everything that makes your being from the subatomic, atomic and molecular levels up are more empty space and energy than anything else. What you learn, your life memories all that makes you a unique individual will never die. Your life force, spirit or soul (whatever you call it) is as infinite and limitless as this universe you are a part of forever.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Schrodinger's cat in the box, observation (consciousness itself) altering the quantum state of light (or reality like the consciousness itself may exist in multiple parallel reality's simultaneously but at an unconscious level we are somehow directing our own reality even if only very slightly) so that it can be modeled as either a wave or a particle but has property of both with the aperture slit test more or less proving the existence of parallel identical reality's and suggesting that light exists in more than one simultaneously.
How much of what we assume is reality is reality and how much is a projection of our own group consciousness, the universe could be teeming with intelligent life but it just exists on different quantum consciousness wavelength's so never or very rarely bump's into other sentient life.

edit on 15-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Either there is eternal life or there isn't. If there is, you'd best prepare for it. If there isn't, what have you lost? You are not going to miss being alive when you're dead.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

solopsist!

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In regards to the holographic universe, or that we are living in a simulated reality or matrix, which seems to be gathering consensus these days. Consider M-theory

A multiverse of a somewhat different kind has been envisaged within string theory and its higher-dimensional extension, M-theory.[67] These theories require the presence of 10 or 11 spacetime dimensions respectively. The extra 6 or 7 dimensions may either be compactified on a very small scale, or our universe may simply be localized on a dynamical (3+1)-dimensional object, a D3-brane. This opens up the possibility that there are other branes which could support other universes.

source Multiverse Wiki

So, if we become stuck in this dimension, then I agree with you about what's the point of hanging around here forever?

As a sidenote, ancient kaballah, which has been around a long time suggests 10 separoth or 11 if you include death.
Certain mystics believe that they can travel these dimensions through the collective unconscious, or the astral fields, through the third eye, which suggests that the entire multiverse can be accessed through our own subconscious, implying that it's not out there, but inside of us. If so, then the inner divinity motif comes up. If true, then possibly science can elevate us all by increasing the frequencies of 3D to 4D? For me, I'm always ready to try something new. Might be fun looking down from 4D, much like we look down to 2D organisms like cells on a slide, as the transhumans dart around in 3D robotical suits.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In regards to the holographic universe, or that we are living in a simulated reality or matrix, which seems to be gathering consensus these days. Consider M-theory

A multiverse of a somewhat different kind has been envisaged within string theory and its higher-dimensional extension, M-theory.[67] These theories require the presence of 10 or 11 spacetime dimensions respectively. The extra 6 or 7 dimensions may either be compactified on a very small scale, or our universe may simply be localized on a dynamical (3+1)-dimensional object, a D3-brane. This opens up the possibility that there are other branes which could support other universes.

source Multiverse Wiki

So, if we become stuck in this dimension, then I agree with you about what's the point of hanging around here forever?

As a sidenote, ancient kaballah, which has been around a long time suggests 10 separoth or 11 if you include death.
Certain mystics believe that they can travel these dimensions through the collective unconscious, or the astral fields, through the third eye, which suggests that the entire multiverse can be accessed through our own subconscious, implying that it's not out there, but inside of us. If so, then the inner divinity motif comes up. If true, then possibly science can elevate us all by increasing the frequencies of 3D to 4D? For me, I'm always ready to try something new. Might be fun looking down from 4D, much like we look down to 2D organisms like cells on a slide, as the transhumans dart around in 3D robotical suits.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: davido

Only in your mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join