It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion is the REAL one

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Someone on another forum asked "what mystery would you solve if you could?"

This is the one I would solve.

Which, if any, of the religions are real.

Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Judaism, Buddhists, Wiccans, Shinto, Taoists, Voo Doo, Santeria's, Satanists, etc?

How about the Norse, Greek, Roman, etc Myths?

Don't for get the hundreds or thousands of Tribal religions or the hundreds of sects from the big religions all claiming to be the "ONE"

Which one do you think is right and why.

Please don't bash anyone else's just tell which one YOU think is the "ONE" and why you think yours is more likely than the others.

I will start off

I believe in God.

I believe I am as Incapable of understanding God as a ant is of understanding me.

I don't think God has a "plan" or if he does its not one we can relate too. I am not even sure he is aware in a manner that we can relate too. I think all Religions are a feeble attempt to try to explain the universe and God and our relationship with both.

I think we go on after this life but to where I am not sure. My reasoning on this is two NDEs, not really anything else. Wherever I go I hope to meet my loved ones there.

My beliefs are pretty simple but I have really just started trying to form them.

Why do I believe this? Mainly because I found that if you strip the fairy tales and cultural differences most say just what I did. I will admit I could be wrong and my beliefs evolve every day.

What do you believe and why?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
None and All. Many Paths, Same Destination.

sorry bout the one liner, don't punish me
(jk) I'll pay my fines

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think that all religions have certain truths within them but have been corrupted by man to gain power.
Ultimatley if you belive in God and think that he is both omnipitent and omnipresent then you must conclude that he is infinite. By definition something that is infinite can never be 100% explained or understood....Hence all the bickering between man about religion!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I do not believe any religion is correct, but I think Buddhism, and some aspects of Christianity are the most close to the truth, though we all walk diiferent paths in life, they all lead to the great path.
It is my belief that the great path is enlightenment.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I do not believe any religion is correct, but I think Buddhism, and some aspects of Christianity are the most close to the truth, though we all walk diiferent paths in life, they all lead to the great path.

I have noticed a LOT of similirities between what Jesus says and Buddisim. As a matter of fact that is what started me thinking about this

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Oh, Amuk this is a very difficult thread.

In my opinion all religions follow the same ideology, and they are to worship what they think to be the right way to worship God or christ.

To the worshipers their beliefs tells them that they are doing the right thing and have chosen the right way to worship and their job is to covert the ones they think are not in the right path.

But when it comes to the leaders of these religions some of them not all of them have one thing in mind and is to become powerful enough financially and with a big group of followers to take their personal agendas and religious views to alter laws and infiltrate the government.

Groups like that are the dangerous ones because they will intrude into everybody’s lives.

But beside that religions in their own right are good for the soul of their followers.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Which Religion is the real one ?
There is no other way to put this since there is no such thing as god none of the religions are "real."
To be honest asking that question is asking for a flame war because people will always believe that there religion is the real one as you put it.
How can there be so many religions and only one "god"?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11How can there be so many religions and only one "god"?

Because everyone fights over which way to worship God...which is just down right stupid! Everyone fighting over how to get to the top of the mountain......but all the paths lead to the top!

[edit on 2/25/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Because everyone fights over which way to worship God...which is just down right stupid!

LadyV yoiu have summed up my stand on ther issue better than I did. I think we are fighting more over how to aknowledge God than whither "my God is bigger than your God"

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
LadyV good point. This thread is off track religion is differnt for everyone it varys from going to church every Sunday to being an atheist like me. Asking which religion is real dosnt achieve anything. You would be better off asking questions along the lines of what is the originals of this aspect of (insert religion here) ?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hope I don't get in trouble for combining 2 replies from other posts...
please do read the original thread so you can understand the context of the posts...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"REAL GOD" is "NAMELESS" because None of Us have known him yet (until Jesus)... that's because...

NAMELESS(also seen here as CONSORT) created his wife out of his mind, in his image

"And his thought performed a deed and she came forth, namely she who had appeared before him in the shine of his light. This is the first power which was before all of them (and) which came forth from his mind"

She asked for all sorts of powers... she is known as Sophia of the Epinoia...
but one day she decided that she wanted to bring a likeness of herself (an image of herself) into existance without the consent of the Mother-Father (NAMELESS)

"And the Sophia of the Epinoia, being an aeon, conceived a thought from herself and the conception of the invisible Spirit and foreknowledge. She wanted to bring forth a likeness out of herself without the consent of the Spirit, - he had not approved - and without her consort, and without his consideration."

and that BEING was Satan... also known as... Yaltabaoth

She cast it away from her, outside that place, that no one of the immortal ones might see it, for she had created it in ignorance. And she surrounded it with a luminous cloud, and she placed a throne in the middle of the cloud that no one might see it except the holy Spirit who is called the mother of the living. And she called his name Yaltabaoth

He is the FIRST Archon to steal a great power from his mother.

"And he removed himself from her and moved away from the places in which he was born"

He left their area... assumed power for himself and created the Authorities... (12 of them)
"but he did not send forth from the power of the light which he had taken from his mother, for he is ignorant darkness"

"He became strong and created for himself other aeons with a flame of luminous fire which (still) exists now"(The sun)
"And he joined with his arrogance which is in him and begot authorities for himself"

he created 12 of them according to text. and each of them created 7 Powers for themselves..

"and the powers created for themselves six angels for each one until they became 365 angels"

""And having created [...] everything, he(Yaltabaoth) organized according to the model of the first aeons which had come into being, so that he might create them like the indestructible ones."

"Not because he had seen the indestructible ones, but the power in him, which he had taken from his mother, produced in him the likeness of the cosmos. And when he saw the creation which surrounds him, and the multitude of the angels around him which had come forth from him, he said to them, 'I am a jealous God, and there is no other God beside me.' But by announcing this he indicated to the angels who attended him that there exists another God. For if there were no other one, of whom would he be jealous? "

"Then the mother began to move to and fro. She became aware of the deficiency when the brightness of her light diminished. And she became dark because her consort had not agreed with her."

Now Yaltabaoths' mother became aware that he stole her power and she was angry with herself and repented and became shameful

"And she was overcome by forgetfulness in the darkness of ignorance and she began to be ashamed. And she did not dare to return,"(to The Nameless)

"And the arrogant one (YaltaBaoth) took a power from his mother. For he was ignorant, thinking that there existed no other except his mother alone. And when he saw the multitude of the angels which he had created, then he exalted himself above them"

(Thats when the God in Regular Genesis say I am the Only God, and I am a Jealous God)

"And when the mother recognized that the garment of darkness was imperfect, then she knew that her consort(The NAMELESS) had not agreed with her. She repented with much weeping. And the whole pleroma heard the prayer of her repentance, and they praised on her behalf the invisible, virginal Spirit. And he consented; and when the invisible Spirit had consented, the holy Spirit poured over her from their whole pleroma. For it was not her consort who came to her, but he came to her through the pleroma in order that he might correct her deficiency. And she was taken up not to her own aeon but above her son, that she might be in the ninth until she has corrected her deficiency.

"And a voice came forth from the exalted aeon-heaven: 'The Man exists and the son of Man.' And the chief archon, Yaltabaoth, heard (it) and thought that the voice had come from his mother. And he did not know from where it came. And he taught them, the holy and perfect Mother-Father, the complete foreknowledge, the image of the invisible one who is the Father of the all (and) through whom everything came into being, the first Man. For he revealed his likeness in a human form.

What happened there is, The Nameless heard her prayers and had pity on her and appeared to her in a human form, and spoke to her and her creations and explained "REALITY" and Yaltabaoth heard it thought it was his mom...
So then Yaltabaoth said to his authorities...

'Come, let us create a man according to the image of God and according to our likeness, that his image may become a light for us.' And they created by means of their respective powers in correspondence with the characteristics which were given. And each authority supplied a characteristic in the form of the image which he had seen in its natural (form). He created a being according to the likeness of the first, perfect Man. And they said, 'Let us call him Adam, that his name may become a power of light for us.'

At the beginning it was The Nameless who made his companion... They both decided to create "a child" which is the first begotten son... (Jesus) and then later NAMELESS' Companion decided to make "a child" for herself .. only, without the Nameless' permission... so "Satan" or Yaltabaoth is in a way Jesus' brother

[Summary/Ending]

I said that God created his counter image ... female God...

They BOTH together created the first begotten son .. Jesus..

THEN by HERSELF...... female God created another son without the permission of GOD.. the Mother-Father..

She was ashamed of this OTHER son because he was made in ignorance.. and she cast him aside...

But the Other son (the one created in ignorance) thought that it was just HIMSELF and His mother...

What I was saying is that SATAN is the SON that was created in Ignorance..

The MOTHER-FATHER (GOD)... Heard his counter-image repenting and he sent the holy spirit to her in the form of the first HUMAN ... and The Ignorant son thought it was a message from his mother, but it wasn't, it was a message from GOD... and the ignorant son seen the image of the human and said Let us make man, according to the image of the first being...
THey called him adam... but he was just a body .. no life...
durning this time.. GOD put his counter-image in her own AEON so she could correct her problem.. and she was to stay there until she did so..
now she understood the problem and realized she had to figure out a way to get the power back that she gave the ignorant son... so she got the authorities that the ignorant one created to trick him into breathing his power into the body which was lifeless..
upon breathing the life into him, the ignorant son seen how great his creation was, and all the authorities and the ignorant son were jealous because what they created surpassed them, so they put adam to sleep because they wanted to steal the power that was in him, and they created a counter-image from him using the power within him, and there was our first female.. (eve) ... now after adam awoke and seen eve beside him he immediately recognized the mother in eve... and now the authorities were really mad... so they cast the 2 of them to earth, in the authorities paradise and showed them the tree of their power... it was actually Jesus who gave the fruit from the tree to adam and eve in the form of an eagle..
after this .. we recognized our defiency(sp?) and we felt shame.. and once again we found favor with GOD.. because we understood our wrong doing.. at this point the ignorant son was just furious claimed he was the only God... and made his authorities aware there was actually someone else.. So the authorities conspired with the ignorant son and they created a false image of the 2 beings they created and sent them to earth to fornicate with the women of earth, so that way they could perhaps share or steal our salvation.....

"Cursed be everyone who will exchange these things for a gift or for food or for drink or for clothing or for any other such thing."

You can find the original text here..
www.gnosis.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There is no right or wrong religion. Just alot to choose from.

Study to see which one you think is right.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think that shreds of TRUTH can be found in almost any religion.
I believe the TRUEST path is the one you heart leads you down, even if that means just snippettes here and there of various religions.
I think ANY organised religion is NOT the way to go.

Here are a couple of quotes relevent to the subject:

"Anyone who maintains absolute standards of good and evil is DANGEROUS.
As dangerous as a maniac with a loaded revolver.
In fact, the person who maintains absolute standards of good and evil usually IS the maniac with the loaded revolver." * auther unknown

"Your only
obligation in any
Lifetime is to be true
to yourself.
Being true to anyone
else or anything else is not
only impossible,
But
the mark of a fake
messiah". *Richard Bach

I take these quotes to heart in terms of my personal path through life.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The real one is the one that quides your subconscious. The one that tells you in your mind when you have done a wrong and you genuinely feel remorse and likewise makes you feel good when you have done a good deed. The one that is in your head and heart which is not explainable to you because it cannot be explained, it is just there.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
The real one is the one that quides your subconscious. The one that tells you in your mind when you have done a wrong and you genuinely feel remorse

LOL....your "inner guide" as my mother called it...she used to tell me, "always listen to what your inner guide tells you, it will never steer you wrong if you will listen, and it will guide you to be ht best person you can be"

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The differance between ALL religions is that they simply have a differant label for the same bottle of snake oil.

Do you honestly believe that the creator of all things needs a middle man to communicate with you? That the creator has to speak thru a preacher, guru or cult hero? That someone that can create an ostriche from scratch cannot knock on the door of your soul and introduce themselves?

BAHHHHH!!!!!!!

The creator is all things and all time. It pours forth as the force of love and light, as only such a force can.

wait, wait, wait.......I'm off topic here...

Which religion is the real one....

For those who need a religion to make contact with the higher force than I suppose they all are. The path one walks does not make them holy, they must make the path holy regardless of the path they have chosen.

The spirituality of the seeker is far more important than what path it is they have chosen to walk.

Religion is irrellevent.

It is the spirituality of the seeker that is what counts.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyVLOL....your "inner guide" as my mother called it...she used to tell me, "always listen to what your inner guide tells you, it will never steer you wrong if you will listen, and it will guide you to be ht best person you can be"
Funny, my mother used to say the same thing along with countless other sagelike sayings. Do you suppose with age comes wisdom and with the aging of man comes the wisdom of the ages?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I believe most, if not all, religions were created to control people. To me, it doesn't matter which is closer to the truth, whatever that is determined to be.

Many religions keep us from having a real and personal relationship with our Creator (my name for God). Many religions have lots of rules and agendas. I know, I was raised Catholic.

I tend to agree with things Lady V and AMuk said.
God is everywhere and eternal. There is an afterlife, I just "know" it.
I think the spiritual part of us is connected to the universe somehow.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Try the latest translations these two books by Rudolf Steiner: A) Theosophy B) Intuitive Thinking as a Spiritual Path. On a more practical level, see www.LaRouchepac.org.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well i cant say that i dont believe in any other religion cuz i havent really been exposed to any thing other than christianity. So thereforeeven if i were to believe in other religion or other gods wouldn't that make me a sinner!??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join