It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I think someone spiked the pixie drinks. I can understand 1 word in 10, or less.

I think a pixie drink might actually help me to understand this strange alien language. LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Shout out to missing members...Thinking of you with love!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

They definitely have a drink or three before speaking it!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
This is a (fairly tame) funny example of Aberdeen Doric....

Does anyone understand ANY of it? (apart from me!)

The scary thing is after listening to my sister-in-law's late Scottish dad for 15 years and deciphering some of his thick Fife accent (when he spoke slowly enough to decipher it)....I actually understood a considerable amount of that, probably a third of it or so, lol.
edit on 2/7/2019 by Nyiah because: just did the ol' head math on that. Knew him for 15 years, but it sure felt like a lot longer.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They definitely have a drink or three before speaking it!

That doesn't help. I already need a shed dictionary to figure out you and Timely, never mind those videos. LOL

I actually love your accent and could always understand you in your vids.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Evening Miss Nyiah! Any domestic emergencies tonight? No earrings stuck to feet or anything?

Glad to hear you still have power. I hope Jiminy does as well.

That is a lot of folks out your way without power!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

"Da weather ees pesh"

THAT could be the Scots National Anthem!

Glad you noticed that.

"This is me since Yesterday!"
Or just plain "sheit"

Maybe we should start a new Word Of The Week type of item.... Scottish Phrase of The Day or something?
Uhhhh. Ye ai taalkin nu. It could be a kind of "learning" opportunity, we could post clips with audio. It is "English" we just don't understand it.
It is worth a study.

"She could talk the hin' legs aff a donkey." would be good....
" E wan to kip me legs yo wanka"
Sounds like Iza.
edit on 7-2-2019 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

That was so pretty. I don't know why it just touched me. May be because I have a collection of natural "stone hearts". The whole picture is perfect.

Yes Night and thank you, a shout out to all those who have made this my Home away from home for many years. Your rooms are dusted, pillows fluffed, bars filled and tables set.
And there are even more rooms, castle,s halls, mansions and endless plains for those yet to come. The Shed is infinite as is ATS our little microverse.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I think a pixie drink might actually help me to understand this strange alien language. LOL

So, I don't really need to "understand" it. It is just a profound pleasure for me to listen to. On the oil rig, I became fond of the sound so many years ago on my travels. It is soothing, it makes me smile. I rarely was able to comprehend a full sentence, but a smile and a cheers goes a long way.
But hey, I'll have a Pixie drink, having a glass of wine now, calming down after driving through a blizzard/ice storm to get home from work.
I think I prefer this to the damn random tornadoes. Yes give me a snow storm.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It seems like The Shed has gone to bed.
Sweet dreams to all.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Comes into the room dancing. I hear some good music. 'ello Brent!

Thank you for the song. I was falling asleep here and now I'm more alert.

I was watching The Penitent man. So far, I am intrigued.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I'm glad you made it home safely!

I have some heart shaped rocks too as well as other rocks that I find interesting looking. We also have quartz and in Rhode Island a rare kind of rock called Cumberlandite. Rather blah looking thing actually.

Sweet Dreams. I see you are off to bed. Sorry I just missed you. I was watching a good movie that I linked to Autorico's reply. Going back to finish it now, but will pop in again to check on folks.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Comes into the room dancing. I hear some good music. 'ello Brent!

Thank you for the song. I was falling asleep here and now I'm more alert.

I was watching The Penitent man. So far, I am intrigued.

Yes, it is a worthwhile movie. Good choice Night.

I'm now off to attempt taking a shower despite my ankle failing me too many times today. Be well everyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Howdy! I had to look that up. Nope. I don't play video games. I kind of suck.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hi Blue! I didn't realize that your ankle was still bothering you. It never healed right?

I don't remember what it was like to not have pain. I try to keep my sense of humor and try to keep my mind on other things, though sometimes that just isn't possible. You have to join the club Skiddy and I started a long time ago. It's called 'the everything hurts' club. We do easy things like watch movies and stuff. LOL

The movie started out great, though it was predictable. It had the potential to be so much more. I did watch it to the end though.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I could have sworn you did. Do you play the role playing ones?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yes my ankle continues to bother me at times. Especially when there is a big change in the weather.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Evening Miss Nyiah! Any domestic emergencies tonight? No earrings stuck to feet or anything?

Glad to hear you still have power. I hope Jiminy does as well.

That is a lot of folks out your way without power!

Lol, no, no domestic emergencies tonight, thankfully

For now, we still have power (knock on wood) too. The winds are a-howlin' out there, though, so this could change at any moment. The wind is in the 30mph range and gusting to the 40's/50's.
I'm hearing branch thuds on the roof and on neighbors' sheds quite frequently. If nothing else, it's a lot of new kindling to dry out for the fireplace for future use, but I'm just waiting for the huge ka-THUNK from a larger limb somewhere. Whether or not one comes down and takes a power line with it is the coin toss.

Power is out for many, over 150K around the state, and I think it was pushing 90k in our county last time I checked. The concentration is most dense around the metro.
That's a lot of people & businesses, 1/3 of the power company's customers in our county. Judging from the outage map I've been looking at, a lot of the places we need to run errands to tomorrow likely don't have power, and perhaps won't for several days

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I just play the kind with dice.

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join