It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Official! Agent Orange GMO Enters Food Supply

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For the benefit of others here, the information found could be pertinent to those dealing with health issues. If it's true I find it appalling that this is actually going on in our time.

SustainableBusiness.com News Yes, EPA approved Dow’s herbicide today. The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) immediately filed a lawsuit. “Solving one pesticide’s problem by adding another puts us on a completely unsustainable path. EPA has started a snowballing effect of more and more powerful pesticides that threaten both wildlife and human health,” they say. by Rona Fried

[snipped]

rainwaterresources.com...
edit on 25-11-2018 by MrPopularity because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Nov 25 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed part of quote NOT in tags

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yay chemically enhanced food! We will be stronger, healthier and happier than ever before!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

Can't see how that would end badly....

Seems to me not enough people understand the implications of these kinds of practices, or care enough about what they eat and feed their kids....

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The only reason you posted this thread is because it's Sunday, 2nd chakra, orange day and you needed to gift me the word "orange" to help me make it to yellow Monday. I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but you could have started a thread about your love of orange juice, rather than bring agent orange into the equation, you sick bastard.

edit on 25-11-2018 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

I'm hoping that was a sick joke right?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

People are brainwashed and it's easy to do that nowadays with all the media being shoved in our faces. Food is the number one thing used to control us, because everyone needs to eat. I'd say this is a covert operation by someones who desire population control.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPopularity
For the benefit of others here, the information found could be pertinent to those dealing with health issues. If it's true I find it appalling that this is actually going on in our time.

SustainableBusiness.com News Yes, EPA approved Dow’s herbicide today. The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) immediately filed a lawsuit. “Solving one pesticide’s problem by adding another puts us on a completely unsustainable path. EPA has started a snowballing effect of more and more powerful pesticides that threaten both wildlife and human health,” they say. by Rona Fried

Thanks for your “environmental protection,” EPA! We all feel so much safer now that you have approved Dow’s deadly herbicide, Enlist Duo.

As we reported when USDA approved the GMO last month, the EPA has to approve the herbicide before it goes to market. Done!

Dow AgroSciences’s Enlist Duo is a delectable combination of Monsanto’s Roundup and Dow’s “Agent Orange” 2,4-D. This killer combo is engineered so that GMO corn and soy crops can withstand much more massive, toxic doses of herbicide./daily-news/

rainwaterresources.com...

While I have concerns about the additional toxic load that these chemicals pose, I also wonder about the accuracy of an article that refers to a herbicide mixture as a genetically modified organism. Also, neither of the chemicals are pesticide, as described by NRDC. They are herbicides which are used to clear fields and control weeds.

Both of the primary ingredients in Enlist Duo, Glyphosate and 2,4-D have come under question, especially as long exposure at high doses correlates strongly to non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (in the case of Glyphosate) and a raft of problems in the case of Dioxin/2,4-D, so I'm not marginalizing the potential dangers but it is possible that the combination may be more effective as a herbicide with less of a dose of either herbicide on its own. This would mean less of the chemicals are required for the herbicidal effect and less collateral into the environment and food chain.

There are strong economic drivers for farmers to use herbicides and finding new herbicides with fewer side effects may be, on balance, preferable to blanket bans.

As it is, I am unable to get any good information about the negative effects of this mixture so I suspect that such is being suppressed. Every chemical in nature has potential effects on our food chain, even table salt, and the unavailability of counter-indicators, in the case of Enlist Duo, is NOT a good sign.

edit on 25/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Agent Orange was a mixture of equal parts of two herbicides, 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D

2,4-D has been widely used for decades. Not saying they should be doing it though.

edit:

The 2,4,5-T was contaminated with dioxin, which made it so bad.
edit on 11/25/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Great, another improperly tested chemical entering the foodchain, one where the company picked parameters of the research to show their chemical was safe. I am thinking these chemicals approved in our food and used in the food industries is designed to reduce human population here in America. We share common cell structure and enzymes in our body with many plants and animals. Blocking enzymes or metabolic processes is used in herbicides. Brain cancer risk is one thing boosted in people intolerant to pesticides and herbicides. I did not study the chemistry of this product, but assume it is similar to the others.

People do not understand, we share some of the metabolic processes with plants. A little of these kinds of chemistries in food is not bad, most people can detox a little, but it is coming at us from all sides and there is little research done on how mixtures of approved chemistries interact with our metabolism. None is required, so none is done. The result is long term chronic poisoning resulting from possible deficiencies in enzymes and alterations of metabolic chemistries. No testing is usually required in respect to cognitive degradation from these chemicals by these companies.

These agencies that oversee our food in this country are a joke. Our government wants everyone unable to think and challenge them so they allow chemicals that lower our wisdom to be utilized.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Reality is without herbicides farmers would be unable to grow many crops. We have introduced so many weeds to the environment that it has become a huge problem for native species of plants. Like hog weed which is toxic for humans and has been known to have caused blindness. This weed is currently moving in to farms lands and excessively difficult to remove.

Now your article want to attack 2-4-d its a growth hormone. It causes weeds to grow to quickly think of it as fertilizer for weeds. This rapid growth actually causes the plant to die. Now it took me 20 min to read up on this turns out there has been thousands of studies not one has ever shown any harm to people or wildlife. The main reason is it occurs naturally in plants anyway.

Now if you have any evidence its harmful post it and we can have a look

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

I always thought it was blue Monday ? Ah jeez I always get my chakras and days mixed up

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think those who think this is ok, are insulting the intelligent of the people noticing this stuff, for years in fact. Cancers, among the many ALZ and others has sky rocketed. But its' ok because The Government Scientists said so.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The premise of what ended up becoming 'Agent Orange' (amongst other 'Color' codenames in the series) wasn't a true "Herbicide" per se.

The chemical mechanism involved in the (non-dioxin forms) falls under the domain of "Plant Growth Regulators". You see all plants growth mechanisms are controlled by these PGR factors. Some cause cells to stretch, others cause cells to divide, others trigger fruit to rot (which fruits themselves release as they do and that's how you get the snowball effect in your very own fridge if you let one go), and so on including the group that causes leaves to drop (some even help them not drop their leaves so readily).

Everything plants do or dont do is controlled by these chemical processes. They all do it. They all have these "PGR's" in them. You cant eat plants without eating these plant hormones.

Naturally humans figured this out, and how to synthesize these same naturally occurring chemicals, as well as invented new analogs to them.

Then the premise of the Agent Orange series came about, very clever I must add, the idea was make all the trees drop their leaves then the aircraft whatever could see Charlie down there. And drop their leaves the trees did. But despite that AND (literally) millions of tons of bombs dropped on The Trail, the Vietcong persisted.

So some sick sumbitches decided CHEMICAL WARFARE PROPER was the 'solution' to this 'problem', and they added dioxin whatever to the PGR barrels and now the juice that altered plant growth processes also got mammals very very sick.

As an aside, its fascinating that the EPA doesnt have a proper category to these "PGR's", they just dropped them all under the umbrella of "pesticide" even though they have nothing to do with insect hormones, getting insects sick, or anything like that. Which makes for good fearmonger fodder by those ignorant to sciences such as chemistry & biology (basically every environmentalist and "organic" health food nut type out there).

edit on 25-11-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

I think those who think this is ok, are insulting the intelligent of the people noticing this stuff, for years in fact. Cancers, among the many ALZ and others has sky rocketed. But its' ok because The Government Scientists said so.

The government scientists do not even test this stuff anymore, they just overlook the research they are given. They are only allowed to consider parameters that are allowed to be considered by the overlords of these agencies. The overlords that will be going to work for these chemical companies when they decide to leave their position.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
2,4-D has been around a long time (1940) and has been studied a long time. I believe it is the most widely used herbicide in the US if not world.

It's not some new chemical from monsanto.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

They've said that about a lot of things. Smoking used to be considered cool like Marlboro Man. That didn't work out too well either; so putting my trust in these people is no longer in my best interests.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You do realize that the altered gene that makes plants tolerant to glysophate doesnt get people sick, but rather the plants (the fields technically) then being treated with the stuff constantly then puts the residue into the food supply at a much higher rate. Farmers can still apply roundup to the weeds anyways, although not b able to just spray the entire field down indiscriminately like they can when the crop plants arent so hindered by it.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The point I am making is that it is not something new in the environment. Some are making it sound as thought it is a new chemical being put into use.

I am not saying it might not be over used.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

They've said that about a lot of things. Smoking used to be considered cool like Marlboro Man.

It still is. Most people are just sissies now that want the adult diaper years. You can have em we dont want em!

edit on 25-11-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join