It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All humans have same ancestors scientists claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not surprising. This lines up with the Genesis Gap Theory as well as the idea that the world was "replenished" after a great extinction. Now they have proof that generally almost all animal life on earth that is still around today originated from a single pair from the not so distant past.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

All modern humans descended from a solitary pair who lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, scientists say.

Scientists surveyed the genetic 'bar codes' of five million animals - including humans - from 100,000 different species and deduced that we sprang from a single pair of adults after a catastrophic event almost wiped out the human race.

These bar codes, or snippets of DNA that reside outside the nuclei of living cells, suggest that it's not just people who came from a single pair of beings, but nine out of every 10 animal species, too

Stoeckle and Thaler, the scientists who headed the study, concluded that ninety percent of all animal species alive today come from parents that all began giving birth at roughly the same time, less than 250 thousand years ago - throwing into doubt the patterns of human evolution.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There have been several bottlenecks in human evolution.
Not really new information, and doesn't validate the bible any way.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

1 in 200 men alive today are genetically related to Genghis Khan , so there's a start.

edit on 24-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

1 in 200 men alive today are genetically related to Genghis Khan , so there's a start.
from now on.....I'm Ghenghis Gbp/Jpy

I had an idea I had a bloodthirsty vmerciless basturd in my bunch back there somewhere.....not just my Grammy or aunty
edit on 24-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seems like this would be obvious. All life has the same ancestor somewhere down the line.

This doesn't point to Genesis as being true, that is completely ignoring the fact that Moses' bloodline couldn't have developed the amount of variation we see today in a few thousand years, I think people forget the fact that there were supposedly only 8 people left alive after the flood. Also where did Cain's wife come from?

There are way too many holes in the black accounts to even consider it plausible.
edit on 11/24/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Seems like this would be obvious. All life has the same ancestor somewhere down the line.

This doesn't point to Genesis as being true, that is completely ignoring the fact that Moses' bloodline couldn't have developed the amount of variation we see today in a few thousand years, I think people forget the fact that there were supposedly only 8 people left alive after the flood. Also where did Cain's wife come from?

There are way too many holes in the black accounts to even consider it plausible.

Moses?

You mean Noah, right?

Know your bible.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Science has known of these haplotypes and mitochondrial Adam and Eve for a long time... This is not new.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
200,000 Years from now...all humans in the universe will be traced back to a sperm bank in Toledo, Ohio.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So we're all inbred? That raises a few questions.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Have you ever considered that we don't have the full story, and maybe for a reason?
There will be a revelation we will know the rest of the story.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Prophecy? No.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

LOL. Are these the same scientists that got together and determined that water is wet?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Stoeckle and Thaler, the scientists who headed the study, concluded that ninety percent of all animal species alive today come from parents that all began giving birth at roughly the same time, less than 250 thousand years ago - throwing into doubt the patterns of human evolution.

The conclusions throw up considerable mystery as to why the need for human life to start again was needed such a relatively short time ago, especially since the last known extinction we know of was during the time of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

This opens up the possibility of an inbuilt human evolutionary process wherein we break down and die out, leaving the need to start from scratch.

Evolution hasn't been debunked it looks like. No mention of divine meddling either. Further investigation required.
edit on 24-11-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Noah, my bad. I get my names mixed up every now and then.
edit on 11/24/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think it was that long ago.
I also think Dinosaurs were around till more recently then they report. Maybe even in the Marco Polo days. And who is to say if there are still some in the Amazon?

As for Evolution described by Darwin.... Pipe dream
My pops is a 92 year old super genius scientist with many titles and several colleges under his belt. A couple titles are Chemist, Engineer, Microbiologist, Parasitologist, Pioneer PC builder in the 70s . and Director of Research for a fortune 500 company, and he was also summoned to the White house to advise a Vice President, and Secretary of Agriculture. He also excels in math and takes pleasure in reading advanced math books. Anyway there is a lot more , but I think you get the picture.
He said there is not enough time for evolution as Darwin described, to take place. Not even in billions of years. He also went on to describe how he found overwhelming evidence of intelligent design through math. I did understand the solar system math but am unable to understand most of what he said

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Not new? When is the first study that concluded nearly all life on Earth comes from one mating pair that survived a global catastrophe?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 24-11-2018 by ausername because: Bad idea

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Isnt this the Chicken or the Egg, conundrum?.

So ALL of Humanity is from One pair of Mummy and Daddy humans......

So....Who were Their Parents?.........who was the Grandma and Grandpa of Humanity?........and on it goes....

A lot of Bullswool, and too simplistic a "Theory"......as is the Out of Africa theory.

Noone has still answered the simple question....if all "Apes and Primates" came from Africa....how come there are monkeys in South America and Asia, and where did the Orangutan and Gigantopithicus come from?.

Not to mention the dominant mammal in Australia is the Marsupial....and there are No Primates.
Why are there only Marsupials in Australia?

There are way, Way too many variances for life on Planet Earth, to come up with one definitive idea.

It explains nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hey you should get him on here.....he might have something interesting to tell us about life, the Universe and everything.

92yo wow, good life....must have millions in the bank.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I read and re-read the article and am still amazed by what it said... and might be fuzzy on the full implications.

If I heard correctly, there was a new bottleneck discovered from 250,000 or so yrs ago, and all humans are descended from 2 survivors.

Then it said that every animal on Earth are descended from some common lifeform from that same bottleneck... which makes no bloody sense.

Did I inhale too much carbon monoxide, or is that what the article said?
edit on 11/24/2018 by Baddogma because: revamped

<<   2  3  4 >>

join