It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate, what shall we do to stop it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hate is the real enemy here people.

Let's not get into a scripture fest discussing this as the ones who need it most will surely turn away and not discuss the issues. Or attempt to derail this thread.

Hate stirring people on both sides are in play but the left certainly has some pent up hate that is flaming the planet agitating people who are innocent and neutral.

Hate is brimming in the irrational behavior of the now proven Fascist = Antifa and the expected response from the victims. Thus, making for a ratings boost for MSM "news" as they spin it for even more hate IMO.

Name calling is not going to solve this. Labels are fair as I am a conservative Christian and it helps others understand me for people to label me. I am also and Environmentalist and an enigma in some people's mind. Being a mediocre athlete who had a short stay assigned to a MASH unit, I would say that science was going to be my best bet. So pick your label for me, it is your right.

It is safe to say that being truthful and willing to exam the facts with a neutral spin has been demonstrated works better than lashing out with hurtful comments. Sarcasm and wit are fine in a normal discussion. Logic and reason in a serious one. We need to understand forces are wishing us to fight each other for nefarious reasons and come together despite our differences.

Some here on ATS wish to ignore the stuff that is bad for the other side's Politico's is acceptable for their's. This is not going to solve the issue either.

What shall we do to bridge these issues?

We can't ignore double standards to move forward, and we can't be hurling insults either.

edit on 17-11-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Hate is a problem... But the real problem is force. To be more specific, those trying to force their will on others using color of law and government guns.

It doesn't matter if someone hates me or hates you as long as they have no power over us. Doesn't matter who I hate or who you hate as long as we have no power over them.

Power is the problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

If you hate then you are full of hate.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The evaluation is fair, the intent is noble, the desire is both fair and noble but human history in it's entirety proves unequivocally that the ability/probability to eradicate hate is at the very least naive.

The first step if intent on taking on such a massive so far unsolvable issue would be to eradicate jealousy and create equality, plus countless other issues that are just as unfathomable to be broken down to implementable working blocks.

Too great a challenge, dare i say impossible and for those who say nothings impossible then lick your elbow without breaking your arm first.

Great personality traits to desire a better world for all but greatly impossible in the highest degree. Too many psychological factors which are to widespread and uncontrollable in totality to warrant trying.

edit on 17-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Well, a good beginning would have been to start a thread that doesn’t use generalizations and insults to get your point across. Too late now though.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

If you hate then you are full of hate.

Um... be that as it may or may not be... I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make, much less how or what to respond.

Hate is hate. Not good, but not my/our problem unless the hater has power over me/us.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It takes a hater to detect hate in some arbitrary text strings, just saying. It always amazes me how much others read into a single sentence.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
It takes a hater to detect hate in some arbitrary text strings, just saying. It always amazes me how much others read into a single sentence.

Does it take a hater to detect hate or can a innocent bystander whos witnessed hate by others against others simply recognise such traits as a result?

Fairly narrow minded generalization unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

So if someone just randomly comes up to you and punches you in the nose...what you gonna do ?

If you saw it coming, did you let it happen or fail to stop it...

If you didn't see it coming. how do you react?

A nose for a nose, an eye for an eye?

I've been punched in the nose blindly several times, doesn't seem to be much I can do to stop it.

I don't hate anyone enough to do the same.

Now I just feel weak and innefectual

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I could take your post personal or just recognize the message. Is that a better "generalization"?

That´s the point in the light of a recent try from a member that takes everything personal and as hate, as soon as they disagree. Boy did that thread went south.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Lobotomize everyone?

Everybody can be happy vegetables!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Hate has existed since humans have existed.

We'll never get rid of hate. And why should we?

Hate can be a useful tool. Hate is a great motivator.

I say embrace the hate. Love the hate. Use the hate. Feed the hate. Aim the hate.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
So if someone just randomly comes up to you and punches you in the nose...what you gonna do ?

Depends on intent I suppose.

If you saw it coming, did you let it happen or fail to stop it...

If you didn't see it coming. how do you react?

A nose for a nose, an eye for an eye?

I've been punched in the nose blindly several times, doesn't seem to be much I can do to stop it.

I don't hate anyone enough to do the same.

Now I just feel weak and innefectual

I would like to think I would rationalize the response based on the intent and how bad I might be hurting at that moment. I would certainly in an escalating scene, attempt to calm the matter. I did wrestle on a College team and have some rudimentary defense mechanism still left in this body but I won't be beating back a mob like I was Jackie Chan.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You said it doesn't matter if you hate.... I beleive it effects your health and well being.
Hate is divisive.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Lobotomize everyone?

Everybody can be happy vegetables!

I think that is the plan if you read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.

I would hope something more like Peace on Earth but I guess something in between is the best we can hope to see.

Just do the best at not being suckered into that whole "not loving one another" approach is my biggest desire for all of us.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Well, a good beginning would have been to start a thread that doesn’t use generalizations and insults to get your point across. Too late now though.

To whom did I insult? I used no names.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Not for you to decide. People are going to hate other people, and you cannot stop them.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALSTA

The evaluation is fair, the intent is noble, the desire is both fair and noble but human history in it's entirety proves unequivocally that the ability/probability to eradicate hate is at the very least naive.

The first step if intent on taking on such a massive so far unsolvable issue would be to eradicate jealousy and create equality, plus countless other issues that are just as unfathomable to be broken down to implementable working blocks.

Too great a challenge, dare i say impossible and for those who say nothings impossible then lick your elbow without breaking your arm first.

Great personality traits to desire a better world for all but greatly impossible in the highest degree. Too many psychological factors which are to widespread and uncontrollable in totality to warrant trying.

This is a thoughtful post. I believe if we could snap a finger and create equality for everyone at the drop of a hat we would just start all over. There will be those that are lazy and won't maintain there equal condition and those that will want more. So we would just be starting the cycle all over.

This issue is about consciousness. It is about being stuck in the polarities. It is possible to train the mind out of this condition but very few will even want to do that and those that do will have to be very dedicated and disciplined to get out of this cycle.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Hate is a problem... But the real problem is force. To be more specific, those trying to force their will on others using color of law and government guns.

It doesn't matter if someone hates me or hates you as long as they have no power over us. Doesn't matter who I hate or who you hate as long as we have no power over them.

Power is the problem.

Powerful people have been speaking hate of what is truly honesty and we who do not call them out are going to suffer so we need to collectively come back together over truth and fairness. But without truth there is no fairness. The powerful ones seem to be in total control of what is 'reported to be the truth'.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Not for you to decide. People are going to hate other people, and you cannot stop them.

We can just ignore it then you are saying it seems?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join