It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry you are too weak to learn about these things

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
they don't teach.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
LMFAO!

Thanks for all the judging, really appreciated

But here let me try to explain a bit

- Why someone who doesn't even know you choses to tell you how or what to see of all things?
- I thought you were all about not having "safe spaces"
- I thought you were all about not creating "snow flake" people
- Have you lost the fire in your soul?
- Are you so used to being told what to do that you can't avoid spiting on whoever comes around and challenges things?

I am above the sex consent age but i can't look at a stupid video on youtube, makes perfect sense lmfao

What about just letting me learn on my own and be done with it? You don't want snow flakes but let's hide all the stuff by all possible means so they become one because they have not see anything at all. And if the stupid girl complains then let's bring her down with all we can and make her feel stupid and dumb and lesser than us! That for sure will bring up a better generation!! Yes Sir!

How dumb that is, and here supposedly "deny ignorance", ATS "the garden of the mind"

LMFAO!

Anyways, i'm not taken down by lame attitudes, i have seen way worse in life out there. You all just hating are just like kids trying to distribute your own s*it that you can't handle on your own, so that everyone is equally less and equally feeling s*itty

You should be ashamed of yourselves "adults"

So lame

Also: Lame way to go about it, all patting yourselves in the back, no need to ask anything right? Or remember how you felt, no let's just turn into hafetul people, it's more fun! And it has electrolytes, just what the adult's crave!

edit on 15-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is one of those rare threads that should reside in somebodies signature area.

The epicness is reaching a grand scale!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
LMFAO!

- Why someone who doesn't even know you choses to tell you how or what to see of all things?
- Are you so used to being told what to do that you can't avoid spiting on whoever comes around and challenges things?

I am above the sex consent age but i can't look at a stupid video on youtube, makes perfect sense lmfao

What about just letting me learn on my own and be done with it? You don't want snow flakes but let's hide all the stuff by all possible means so they become one because they have not see anything at all. And if the stupid girl complains then let's bring her down with all we can and make her feel stupid and dumb and lesser than us! That for sure will bring up a better generation!! Yes Sir!

How dumb that is, and here supposedly "deny ignorance", ATS "the garden of the mind"

LMFAO!

Anyways, i'm not taken down by lame attitudes, i have seen way worse in life out there. You all just hating are just like kids trying to distribute your own s*it that you can't handle on your own, so that everyone is equally less and equally feeling s*itty

So lame

Also: Lame way to go about it, all patting yourselves in the back, no need to ask anything right? Or remember how you felt, no let's just turn into hafetul people, it's more fun! And it has electrolytes, just what the adult's crave!

I understand your frustration, but I believe it’s just due to a communication gap.

You believe youtube is telling you ‘you’re to young to know about these things’, whilst many mebers have suggested work-arounds for still veiwing the video.

So... that’s why most of us are confused.

We’ve explained that you can still view the video, even without altering your age in your profile.
What answer were you looking for?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

LMFAO!

LMFAO!

So lame

I understand your frustration, but I believe it’s just due to a communication gap.

You believe youtube is telling you ‘you’re to young to know about these things’, whilst many mebers have suggested work-arounds for still veiwing the video.

We’ve explained that you can still view the video, even without altering your age in your profile.

None of this should happen in the first place, let people be

I did not even care about those people because they always act like it bothers them that someone asks in the first place or brings attention to it, and yet we have thread about things like "oh i went to the store and i was not treated like the king and now i feel offended because i deserve to be a king! But just me, those dumb snow flakes are so weak i tell you!"

So at least be honest, this is ridiculous, why can't people learn what it's all about? I can't get it, once you young you get it then you don't, i hope once i'm 18 i won't get dumb like that

It's like magic. You 17 at some point, 5 seconds later you 18, all suffering and understanding on how things are wrong in life and the world suddenly forgotten LMFAO

Is that how it worked for you?

Because i think you're missing the point, how to expect "adults" that can't handle anything and complain when you themselves are the reason for it lmfao!

It's like you miss the clue on purpose, look away

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Sorry for inform you dudes! But but but you turned into the Van by the river guy LMFAO!

vimeo.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

LMFAO!

LMFAO!

So lame

I did not even care about those people because they always act like it bothers them that someone asks in the first place or brings attention to it, and yet we have thread about things like "oh i went to the store and i was not treated like the king and now i feel offended because i deserve to be a king! But just me, those dumb snow flakes are so weak i tell you!"

So at least be honest, this is ridiculous, why can't people learn what it's all about? I can't get it, once you young you get it then you don't, i hope once i'm 18 i won't get dumb like that

It's like magic. You 17 at some point, 5 seconds later you 18, all suffering and understanding on how things are wrong in life and the world suddenly forgotten LMFAO

Because i think you're missing the point, how to expect "adults" that can't handle anything and complain when you themselves are the reason for it lmfao!

Age has never bothered me, it’s relative, we just happen to measure it in years.
Wisdom doesn’t come with age, only experience.

If I understand you correctly you believe that there shouldn’t be age limitations on youtube or the internet at all.
I grew up with the internet, and dear god I would’ve grew into a better person if I accessed a censored internet.

Kids shouldn’t see the things I saw as a kid.
I hope I’m misunderstanding you.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

LMFAO!

LMFAO!

So lame

Age has never bothered me, it’s relative, we just happen to measure it in years.
Wisdom doesn’t come with age, only experience.

If I understand you correctly you believe that there shouldn’t be age limitations on youtube or the internet at all.
I grew up with the internet, and dear god I would’ve grew into a better person if I accessed a censored internet.

Kids shouldn’t see the things I saw as a kid.
I hope I’m misunderstanding you.

People here always react like they hate my age, and what i think just look at this thread and other replies in others

I don't get it but i don't even care anymore, they kind of made their on road to being left behind so be it, i won't turn into them that's for sure

I feel like this always keep going on, but only the bad things, like not reading for real, just the things that tell you the things you want to read and understand that say "you are right!" and always contradicting yourself later on instead of creating a new reality where all the bad stuff is replaced. The exact same bad stuff you promised yourself to never let get into you. You betrayed yourself and turned into the same thing you hated.

And no, it is not that "they were right" it is that you failed to learn or create a better way

Kids shouldn’t see the things I saw as a kid

If i had not seen or learned the things i did as a kid i would not be alive today, at all, barely made it even so, i don't know what to tell you but i think it is over with this dumb thread, i just think the more you know the better you are prepared to go out there, and i know i don't need other people to tell me how or what to learn, i have even lived through things they will never do lol

Anyway there's nothing else to say around here, people in ATS, for a few exceptions, are old dudes focused on taking down every other person they can take down, so they can feel they still own the world and are better than anyone else and that's sad and stupid

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Honestly i wish there were more people around here my age but then i know lots of you would just gang around to hate all and it would be even more ridiculous

I don't get you at all, you all are like very hateful and always like this, i never did anything to you all but you always want to hurt. I could do the same but i don't care, it is dumb and you act like you were 10 and trying to spit on the kid you don't like

Here, i am almost blind, use glasses mostly, but not while on the phone because it hurts and makes me dizzy, go get fun out of that, most people that have noticed because i was honest about it have made fun of it or considered it like i'm asking for special attention, but i'm just being honest about it and they can't handle it at all, lame fool people

I have problems with attitude and have beaten people out and got expelled from middle school because of that, go have fun of that too

I have a dirt bike and i went out one day while sad and very frustrated and almost kill myself because it was raining very hard and i fell and the helmet flew away and i don't even know where it landed because i got up and kept going before cops or someone arrived and then i had to spend one week unable to walk because my knee almost broke and i could not drive or anything because my hand was also very bad. Go tell me i'm s*tupid, i don't care

I also drink sometimes and i had gone into lots of trouble because of it

I also live alone and i feel stupidly lonely sometimes because it, go make fun of how i messed it up and ran away from home because i could not handle being into a military family and everything was so hard that i just ran away, chicken s*it, right?

Go ahead, there you have plenty of my stupidity so you can have your fun and judge how dumb i am and how you are better and were better too when you were young, i don't even care anymore

I hope you have enough material to hate me more

I'm not going to care about the dumb replies here or other insults anymore, go ahead with your hate you all, it only makes you lesser than you were before, sorry for you

I bet lots of you will think i said all those things about me because i want pitty or to be treated specially, but not at all lmfao, i don't care. I have gone through way worse than that and i don't care at all now about that

But you complain about stupid things like not having enough respect as adults, that somehow you all think you earned from someone who doesn't even know you, and other stuff that it is ridiculous.

I shot in the leg the guy that tried to rape me then he almost killed me and left me with scars and other issues for the rest of my life and you complain that you were not treated right on the stupid market store, talk about self entitlement, old fools

No I don't need pitty about it or anything,i dont care.

i bring it up to show that you can never assume things and how ridiculous it is to think you can decide for someone else based on your own lame experience

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

I hope you have enough material to hate me more

point out just 1 instance of hate being directed to you in this thread, just 1.

i bring it up to show that you can never assume things and how ridiculous it is to think you can decide for someone else based on your own lame experience

Youtube isn't assuming you are not tough enough to see things.

You are assuming a whole hell of a lot instead of listening to whats being said as quite a few posters have provided a solution to the one issue you brought up in your OP.

I don't get you at all, you all are like very hateful and always like this, i never did anything to you all but you always want to hurt.

numerous posters try to help and its interpreted as hate.

You want to be treated like an adult then start acting like one, all these examples you posted about your troubles show how immature you are and why regulations like age restrictions are required on the youth of society.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good that you made this thread.

It shows that in fact you are the one who constantly:

-assumes things about others
-make up stuff on the get go
-dream away into fantasy conversations between several voices in your head with the need to type it out.

You should go back and watch some of your posts. Maybe if you would not be so childish and "LMFAO"ing all the time, people would take you serious.

But of course it´s always the others, you live in a bubble. All the things you accuse others of, is actually you doing it.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There my come a time, down the road, that you read back over your words. Don't cringe too much when that time comes, many of us have been there.

Tips for the now:

Don't take it too seriously. Seriously.

Focus on positive interactions. Ignore the folks that are spreading "hate," instead of focusing and obsessing on it.

Always examine yourself more than others. The "hate" you perceive may exist solely in your head, and wouldn't it be nice to know and be aware of that?

If you can get those under your belt, you'll be ten steps ahead of many. The world is a brutal, unforgiving place but our perception, and resultant actions, can mitigate it. That only really comes with experience and introspection.

For instance, check out someone like Lysergic's post history. He's about as consistent as it gets, equal parts snide and relevant, and almost always delightfully entertaining. Try to take it that way, because its got nothing to do with you personally even if it feels that way.

Laugh a little, eh?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
There my come a time, down the road, that you read back over your words. Don't cringe too much when that time comes, many of us have been there.

Tips for the now:

Don't take it too seriously. Seriously.

Focus on positive interactions. Ignore the folks that are spreading "hate," instead of focusing and obsessing on it.

Always examine yourself more than others. The "hate" you perceive may exist solely in your head, and wouldn't it be nice to know and be aware of that?

If you can get those under your belt, you'll be ten steps ahead of many. The world is a brutal, unforgiving place but our perception, and resultant actions, can mitigate it. That only really comes with experience and introspection.

For instance, check out someone like Lysergic's post history. He's about as consistent as it gets, equal parts snide and relevant, and almost always delightfully entertaining. Try to take it that way, because its got nothing to do with you personally even if it feels that way.

Laugh a little, eh?

Nope i hope i won't look down and say, oh i turned into them and i feel fine about it now!

Don't you know what that means, and the thing about looking back to me for thing that are clearly wrong is just not right

It's like asking slaves to look back into them and tell them "you should look into you and why you were born a slave and feel different about it, don't try to reject it"

When i try to laugh a little it comes out like this

I understand what you are trying to say but it doesn't work, honestly, it doesn't work, it just leads to even lower on the same path as all the old guys here keep insisting they hate but keep on forcing into every one else they can

The entire thing is ridiculous

Don't do this!
But i want to learn!
In my days we were harder than this, you can't take it!
Let me seeeeeee!
No you can't! you are not capable!!!!
Let.Me.Seee!!
NOOOOOOOO!
And then "All these snowflake kids can't take anything at all, they run away from the real world into their safe spaces, in my days.. blah blah blah blah blah"

I don't have anything to look inside of me except all the stupid misery caused by adults so tell me what to look into me, and then tell me how they will accept me other than me turning into the same idiotic person that complains about the exact same thing they wish me to become

Also, stupidity knows no bounds

Some time ago there was someone saying how all current generation and stuff made the world crap for them and how hard they worked and blah blah blah and then i said "oh but wait we were born into this world and if the world is crap right now it is because it was already crap when we were born, i was just born into this world dude, you created it" and the answer was more or less the same "oh maybe you should look into why your world is crap and fix it, i know that when i was your age it was a better world and blah blah blah"

Here's an idea for all those smart old guys out there, when you were a kid the world you lived in was the world the parents created for you! Then you took over and f*ked it up for us, then you complain you can't be treated like a king and have all the nice things you caused to be lost? Guess what my world is so f*ked up compared to yours that i spent way more much time just trying to keep alive and i don't care about your needs, perhaps you should have created a better world or sustained the old one you liked so much so that i would at least be able and free to keep going with it, but no, you provide crap and expect excellence. Your parents did excellent, you made crap, don't expect nothing less in return, self entitled old fool

Also, be a fool while young and getting old won't earn you nothing but being an old fool

Why do they think growing old entitles you to something other that special care for old people? You don't get to earn special favors, you grew old, everyone does, even serial killers, stop acting like a baby crying for milk

And you look down on me old guys, lmao, i think they also have to look into themselves and figure out how they messed up before asking for special treatment and ranting about how things are not like they were on their days. They can't figure out that they are the reason things are not the same anymore

Anyways i was never so tired as much as i'm now of how this site works, it is ridiculous, it is a safe space for old people so much that it became a joke on it's own

I may not be your age but i'm not stupid, i have criteria and an opinion that you don't like, but i don't care at all anyway. You lost it, you failed at changing things and just became the same thing you hated and that's really really sad

edit on 16-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Don't do this!
But i want to learn!
In my days we were harder than this, you can't take it!
Let me seeeeeee!
No you can't! you are not capable!!!!
Let.Me.Seee!!
NOOOOOOOO!

Like I wrote, it´s all in your head.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Some might say such a laugh is really quite fetching. Very "universal."

Frankly, I would say all the same things (and have), regardless of age. None of this is necessarily linked to how long you've been alive, though there are periods where its more likely than others.

For what its worth, I don't blame the brutal and unforgiving nature of this world on humans of any age. Even if it takes a while, everything is devoured eventually. Humans just act according to their environment, but the special part is that we can also break beyond it. Humanity is definitely the easy, go-to scapegoat though.

Regardless, these words aren't so much for you "now," but "then." A time that has yet to occur. Because, right now, its unlikely you will hear what is being said. Most folks have conversations with their own head rather than other, sentient life.

The trick is to become something entirely novel, at which point you see how you've been like everyone else all along. The question of "how" is for you to answer, though humility can open gates and roads you didnt know existed. Most never get there, even if they get the essence of being human.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
I read your other post earlier and it got me to go through some of my old replies.....yikes!! Eyeopener!!

I send you a message...

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Its pretty crazy, isn't it?

I think its one of the best ways to get perspective on ourselves. Trying to do so in the moment is far from useless, but doing so over a time gap is, as you said, "eye opening."

Sometimes it seems like a post isn't even directed at anyone but a bit older, hopefully wiser, version of me.

I can never remember who told me the quote "that which we speak most fervently tends to be directed towards ourselves," but it was the practice of reading relics of my own past that made it really sink in.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well this is sad

Once again looking away at reality, basically "just wait until you become the same and fail at enduring and not giving up on changing things around you"

Entire thing could be resumed into this

Q: Do you think it is ok to fake having control and understanding life and the world and stopping younger people from learning until they 18 and can just call them "adults" and stop having to care about them? Or it would be better if we actually teach them things and prepare them from when they are 14/15, so once they reach 18 they actually are prepared to be adults? Or what do you think we should do instead of just hiding everything and avoid having to deal with them and the actual reality because we are too focused on our own stuff and what a bother to teach other people how to live when we can barely live day by day
A: yes

This turned into another back patting thing, i'm sorry but it is lame, and saying "it's on your head" is just an excuse and a blanket statement

Seriously there was nothing else at all but a none-statement? I'm am disappointed and i think there's no point in going on anymore with this dumb issue

I think this are clear now even more than ever were before

you are so into your ways you can't see big picture anymore, you lost the way

Telling someone to just wait until they become the same as you, don't you sse the flaw in that logic?

So much wasted time, so have a nice talk guys, and bye
edit on 17-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Do I think it is okay to keep my kids ignorant until a certain age?

Yes i do..

You see, I prefer my kids remain convinced they are going to change the world one day.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I would suggest looking into what "novel/novelty" means. Its actually the polar opposite of becoming the same as.. well.. anything.

Now, for me, I actually believe that the so-called age of maturity has been artificially raised by technology. That's one of those issues that would take generations to fix. There are quite a few of those, including our Cultural Story in general, and it seems we have lost the ability to address long-term stuff.

That said, despite nearly everyone being in a rush to grow up in their younger years.. its a trap! There are pros there, certainly, but there are also cons. Interestingly (to me anyway), I think this typical rush coincides with the inflation of that age of maturity.

I would have to say though, a lot of what you have assumed about myself exists solely in your head. All of our interactions with others are this way, if ya wanted to get technical about it. But, its far too normal and common that the picture in our head is of our own making and not related to reality.

I mean, do you actually know about me or my life enough to make the statements you have? Or is it assumption based on what you think I am saying? Those are important questions at absolutely any age and far too many simply do not ask themselves.

As for wasting time, I can't say I agree. The couple of minutes to post is something I give freely. My time is given without obligation or expectation (such things are important in some circles).

If you need someone to talk to (or preferably "with"), let me know. This world has a habit of making us think we are forging new trails while we are simply adding our steps on paths countless others have already tread. True novelty is really quite rare and unique, but achievable all the same. Passion, idealism, and zeal are great, but they only yield the results we desire if directed very, very specifically. When they are dispersed by generality, its like so much dust in the wind.

You are not alone though. There are those that care, and see beyond any individual thread you might create.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join