It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Stan Lee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wow just paging through some news and just seen this.
www.hollywoodreporter.com...
I remember when I was little I would go into my cousin's attic and read tons of his comics. He had such a great imagination. It is always cool how he had a cameo in the Marvel movies. Rip Stan, you were part of my childhood and adulthood.
Found this also.

edit on 12-11-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

NOOOOOOOOO!

well that's sad.
He had quite the run, though. He will be remembered forever.
RIP

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Didn't expect that news today. But he was 95 years old. RIP Stan.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Aw man! A true legend. R.I.P.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I saw a feed on FB like a year ago... stan lee dead...

people have been preparing for it I guess... but to jump the gun just to get FB followers is pretty gruesome

Tragic in any case.... he lived a good long life

RIP Mr Lee

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is so weird. Yesterday I was reading an article and it mentioned Stan Lee and I thought I was experiencing my own Mandela effect because I could have sworn he died not too long ago. So I googled him and found out he’s still alive.

Then I see this right now. What the #

R.I.P.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Yes, he did live a good long life. He had quite an effect on many peoples lives. I always thought it was cool how I could read one of his comics and feel like I was in the super hero's world. It was a form of escape for me and I am sure for many others.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Heartbroken. I knew he couldn't live forever, but a tiny piece of me always thought he would.
Much love to a legend.
RIP Stan Lee.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sad news.. big fan
RIP

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Stan brought me a lot of joy as a kid. Might even say he taught me a lot about right from wrong. And I know that's true for many. 'Nuff Said."

edit on 12-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
This is so weird. Yesterday I was reading an article and it mentioned Stan Lee and I thought I was experiencing my own Mandela effect because I could have sworn he died not too long ago. So I googled him and found out he’s still alive.

Then I see this right now. What the #

R.I.P.

His wife died last year...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sad news indeed. Spent many hours in my youth reading Marvel comics. RIP Stan.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

RiP Stan , thanks from a Spiderman and Hulk fan.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If there were real justice in the universe, Stan Lee would show up next year with some improbable story of how he beat death. In any case, I believe he will live on for centuries in the hearts of those who read his stories. Stories that teach us that you don't have to be super to be a hero, you just have to do what's right.

Excelsior!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Very well put...Thank You !!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I like his cameo on the Simpsons. I saw it when I was a kid and thought it the funniest thing ever.

damn, that episode is half my age. Oh time flies when your populating the Earth with your spawn. and now my kids have seen it! Stan Lee, you will be remembered for generations.
edit on 11-12-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Stan brought me a lot of joy as a kid. Might even say he taught me a lot about right from wrong. And I know that's true for many. 'Nuff Said."

Stan the Man...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
If there were real justice in the universe, Stan Lee would show up next year with some improbable story of how he beat death. In any case, I believe he will live on for centuries in the hearts of those who read his stories. Stories that teach us that you don't have to be super to be a hero, you just have to do what's right.

Excelsior!

Don't listen to him anyone!

Dr Doom only makes positive comments to downplay the fact he's plotting to take over the whole universe!

Foiled!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
He has the highest gross box office total, for movies he's appeared in, than an other actor ever.

That's after practically being the definition of comic books.

95, no need to pity him for that, or the life he lived, his accomplishments.

Unless of course you're a transhumanist obsessed with immortality etc, as Marvel has a lot of of implicit transhumanist indoctrination intertwined throughout it. Some interesting DOD propaganda elements across its annals too. Not that DC isnt also guilty for it.

But its not all a bad thing. Humans need their fiction, to fantacize the fantastic, to ride imagination to cope with the hardships that all of ages of human life has its share of, and few outside of religious icons have been a more of a positive harmless force for good in kids and adult lives alike than Stan Lee. Stan lee the fellow psychonaut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join