It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 states new cannabis regs...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

www.wired.com...

3 states pass new regulations on the use of cannabis.

Lots of new business opportunities for the savy investor. I know what my new LLC will be; It will be epic or maybe awesome, I haven't decided which. Cultivate 12 plants in Michigan? yikes!!
edit on 7-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It’s an overall win here in MI, but it’s still not that great.
You can grow 12 plants but only posses like 11 oz? Makes no sense.

I’d love to come up With a product to sell though, or a service to provide.

Everyone wants to start growing and selling, I say if you haven’t been in that industry for a while already than that ship has sailed.

Will be interesting to see new ways to capitalize on the whole thing..

Depending on how my town reacts, I may start air BNBing my house to the pot tourism industry!

a reply to: olaru12

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Arkansas passed medical mj 2 years ago but the state regulatory authority has stalled so much, it's still not available. No telling how long they will hold it up.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Everyone wants to start growing and selling, I say if you haven’t been in that industry for a while already than that ship has sailed. Will be interesting to see new ways to capitalize on the whole thing..

Not really...processing and edibles are still viable enterprises. I have a million ideas! Now the scramble for investors begins....I wonder what country has the most disposable income.

Agreed, It's gone corporate real fast!!!

edit on 7-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

In other news, City officials are baffled by the recent rise in tourism to what is now being called "The Golden Triangle." As one anonymous resident stated: "I just don't know what is going on."

Keep on America, keep on.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
At this point unless you have some,sort of actual advantage in the industry you are better off investing in something that does or is already an established company with good profits to begin with. Eventually we will see it federally legal and then a lot of the private companies will want to go publif on the exchanges. Right now you can really only safely invest on the Canadian exchanges as the US markets consider it illegal still.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
At this point unless you have some,sort of actual advantage in the industry you are better off investing in something that does or is already an established company with good profits to begin with. Eventually we will see it federally legal and then a lot of the private companies will want to go publif on the exchanges. Right now you can really only safely invest on the Canadian exchanges as the US markets consider it illegal still.

Is bitcoin an alternative to US markets and banking restrictions?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

Everyone wants to start growing and selling, I say if you haven’t been in that industry for a while already than that ship has sailed.

[/post]

You are absolutely correct! Those in the industry started at least a decade ago. I'm not into the pot scene but I am a gifted grower/gardener and got approached to help grow around 2009/10. I wasn't interested.

I do have a secret about herb growing in general, the more neglect the better. Some hemp still grows in Wisconsin, all around ditches and roadsides.

On the other side of this news, it will be interesting to see states like Colorado and how this will affect their tourism moving forward.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

"The Green Triangle" sounds a little better I think.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

All the people whose lives were ruined over the drug war on pot or were arrested and still have criminal records over a sprinkle of weed must be shaking their heads...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Really happy for Utah. Hopefully it can spark change in Idaho for example that medicinal cannabis isn't such a bad thing. As the state banned it and only allows a select few medicinal patients to receive cannabis help.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you mean. You can't trade pot stocks in the US due to the markets being national. I guess if exchages opened on a state level it might be possible, however you might still get federal raids as we have seen against dispensaries and growers alike already. I need to do more research into it as well, but what I have learned from a buddy who is investing decent chunks of his weekly income is that the markets in Canada are doing well and it is safe to put your money there without fear the Gov will freeze your assets. He makes decent returns too and since full legalization I bet they are even better now.
edit on 7-11-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

www.cnn.com...

There’s some of what the stocks are listed as in the article.

Aurora Cannabis, one of the biggest Canadian marijuana stocks, debuted on the New York Stock Exchange Tuesday and it didn't go well. Shares quickly fell more than 15% before recovering towards the end of the day.

Shares of Canopy Growth (CGC), Cronos (CRON) and Tilray (TLRY) all fell about 10% Tuesday at one point. And each of them are down about 30% in the past five days.
But Canopy Growth, which has a more than $4 billion investment from US beer giant Constellation Brands (STZ), has surged more than 50% in the past three months.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yes but specifically look at how they did on the canadian markets. Hint much better than they did here... The issue in the US is that federally its illegal and that plays into all of our national institutions be it banking or investing. In Canada it does not.

some reading material

Edit...btw Aphria is one I am very interested in.
edit on 7-11-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Eh, easy enough to work around, as according to the way I read it, it says per individual. There are two individuals in our home over 21. So, just stagger your plant growth. LOL

And happy it passed, but sad we lost in so many other ways. (just my opinion, like with Whitmer)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And with Jeff Sessions finally gone, who knows what the federal government will do to legalize/decriminalize pot??

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know enough about what has happened in WA, CO, ect.

But I do wonder....
If it does become legal Federally, how long will the "corporate" pot growers be sustainable?

I mean, if everyone can eventually grow it at home...….
I can see people wanting a variety, and trying other stuff, but at the end of the day, wouldn't poor to middle class just grow their own, for free?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Im with you 100%

I speak more of taxable, legit business.

6 people over 21?

I can dig it and yes I think there will always be a place for an enterprising individual.

But licensing and testin cost big bucks. It’s rarely one person that’s doing it alone, rather a business group of wealthy investors.

I’m not inthe industry myself , but know folks who are. And they ones with big backing have been planning this for years

a reply to: chiefsmom

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
And with Jeff Sessions finally gone, who knows what the federal government will do to legalize/decriminalize pot??

I don't know, with trump bending over for the Evangelical Christians, they might decide to outlaw the Devil Weed all over again.

www.christianpost.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Washington is the only legal state where you can't grow unless they have a medicinal card-those are to be phased out- so it has to be brought up eventually. Colorado, for example, had a shortage despite people growing their own. Then again that might be what WA growers, etc., are worried about as it seems there's a hold on it. Same with the state not allowing weed cafes.

Some will grow but not everyone is set up for such depending on where they live-also see the issue in CO about people growing in front yards-, experience of growing, different strains and more. In other words, I don't think growing will impact the industry very much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join