It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-20 Pictures From the Zhuhai Air Show

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There's not a lot of text to write here. At least 3, possibly more, J-20s made an appearance at the Zhuhai airshow. There were many beautiful pictures taken. Some I've found, I thought I'd share.

They've made her lines rather clean, I'd say. They could teach the Russians a thing or three.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You didn't want the video?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

*head desk*

Didn't look for it. My bad.

Ty.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

its little flappy doodles look like they are about to snap off.

cool pics.

to bad we will only likely see it against an f35 or 22 in a real shooting war. i think it might give them a run for their money
edit on 6-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

More like they would never see an F-35 or F-22 when the shooting started happening.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It looks like a pin head with thalidomide baby arms wearing a kilt.

edit on 6-11-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's a good looking bird but I can't say I saw them pressing any aerodynamic limits in that video.

One thing for certain is that this continuing military competition between nations is certainly on factor in technological innovation. Some of which will probably benefit non military applications somewhere down the line.
edit on 6-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

To quote Chandler from friends "that is one tasty dish."

I'd like to see the tech specs, i'm sure Zaphod will be flying in at mach 3 to give us further details.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Not sure any of us have accurate specs on this beast yet.

Alright folks!

Speculation time!

In the forth picture, the one where you see the bottom of the aircraft is its clean beauty, just behind the main weapon's bays, there is a tiny pod.

What is it?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

it could be radar reflector to obscure the real cross section, or maybe a small camera for commercials

ETA:

it is surprising that they didn't include thrust vectoring and the forward canards seem like they would reflect a lot of emissions as they have visible gaps between them and the body. it will probably be used for head on attacks or interceptions of our bombers because our fighters would make quick work of this in a head to head battle

with their new bomber coming out that i think will be used mostly for anti ship warfare i wonder about the mission for this one. it seems like they tried to mash a few roles into one aircraft.
edit on 6-11-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Doesn't look like a reflector.

Might be a camera.

What else, folks?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm no expert by any means, but the maneuverability looks pretty solid.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That's a nice looking bird regardless of the flag it flies under.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Weapons bay lines are not seamless but has great forward stealth which its designed for...its fuction is to take out tankers to limit us firepower. Interceptor not a fighter .

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Not sure what that is. Here's an article with an (Interactive Articulating) 3D model of the J-20 with numbers of interest above and below the fighter. Also a video.

chinapower.csis.org...

The J-20 is also slated to carry a variety of advanced electronic systems. This technology includes an active electronically scanned array, a chin mounted infrared/electro-optic search and track sensor, and a passive electro-optical detection system that will provide 360° spherical coverage around the aircraft. These systems are expected to be comparable to those found inside the F-35. Additionally, the J-20 is likely to field an advanced communications suite that will enable it to datalink with friendly platforms in service and platforms under development, such as the Divine Eagle airborne early warning drone.

Regardless it's a beautiful looking Bird, and I wouldn't underestimate China's abilities in this day and age... they've come a long way.👍

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

Doesn't look like a reflector.

Might be a camera.

What else, folks?

Electro optical sensors me thinks...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Odd place to put it.

The Luneberg Lenses are in different spots:

THey also look like the F-35's reflectors, so...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Garbage place for an EO sensor. Sorry, Dave.

Only the USN and USAF will stupidly place their add-on EO sensors there. When you get to integrate a sensor with a clean sheet new design like this, it'd never happen.

It hasn't been present on early pictures, but it looks like there is an attachment point. So I'd guess it's an RTE.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Garbage place for an EO sensor. Sorry, Dave.

Only the USN and USAF will stupidly place their add-on EO sensors there. When you get to integrate a sensor with a clean sheet new design like this, it'd never happen.

It hasn't been present on early pictures, but it looks like there is an attachment point. So I'd guess it's an RTE.

Well it does show that it’s supposed to have EO sensors in 6 locations in attempt to give it 360 coverage, that’s why I made the educated guess, I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

The rear bump I circled in fugly yellow *IS* an EO sensor.

No word on what the front two are.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join