It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Citizens save more lives in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Two armed Citizens (one armed with a firearm, the other had Mace) took down a DV stabbing suspect in Seattle.

"I saw a girl on the ground laying on someone's lap, people rushing over," he told Q13 News. "My focus was going outside."

Brown, who has a concealed carry permit, chased after suspect David Lee Morris as he fled the area.

"I saw the knife in his right hand, so I ran after him. I kept getting him to try and put down the knife," he told Q13 News. "We kept walking backwards and backwards and backwards."

In a video shot by a witness, Brown can be seen confronting Morris. Brown said he never wanted to shoot somebody, but to just keep Morris from getting away.

And like a real hero, Brown (the 1st guy who made contact with the attacker) had the following to say:

"The point was to hold his focus," he said. "There were people everywhere, and he's focused on me. He's not running after other people. He's focused on me."

Brown and the other bystander (who is unnamed, I believe) acted quickly and likely saved lives. A subject who had just fatally stabbed his GirlFriend or Wife was fleeing the scene of the stabbing with his knife still in hand. It is impossible to tell who else would've been injured or killed by his actions, but IMO it is clear he intended to engage with other bystanders or first responders when they arrived

The real surprise is that Seattle hasn't found some way to charge these two heros with a crime. Can't have armed Citizens actually taking down bad guys.

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The real surprise is that Seattle hasn't found some way to charge these two heros with a crime.

Permitted, right?

Otherwise, what crime? He will probably appear in court though, at some point.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Nobody hold their breath on this. There is one member of the Seattle City Council that was very unhappy with the guy that used his gun in public. So even though I think most people were glad as to the outcome, the two guys being hailed as heroes in this event still might have to deal with some issues with the Police (not because of the very few beat cops, but rather the mayor's lapdog police chief they hired).

I hope Seattle will see this as a teaching tool as to why allowing public carrying is as valuable as a police force. Especially now that the Seattle PD is losing many of it's beat cops to other PD's in the area due to the City's compliance review board that has gone over the top in holding police officers accountable for anything and everything they do (like making an officer with a take home car explain why they stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and yes that did happen)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There needs to be less talking. If you pull a weapon out you must intend to use .

Few years back in Las Vegas. A husband and wife assassinated two police officers sitting in cicis Pizza .

They ran across the street into a Walmart. A arm Citizen confronted the husband and ordered him to drop the weapon.

The perps wife came in behind her husband and shot the arm citizen dead.

If you’re in the right to pull weapon use it !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Anyone notice that it was pepper spray that was used to subdue the killer?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
And I'll bet that bad guy is one happy man that it was pepper spray instead of a bullet despite his pleas for the the guy to go ahead and shoot him. Just another case of never bring a knife to a gun fight. The gun achieved the purpose of preventing harm to others.

Common sense gun control: A good holster and steady aim.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You left out good judgement.

Not everyone who carries a gun has it.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There is one member of the Seattle City Council that was very unhappy with the guy that used his gun in public.

"Used" a firearm to stop a crime and neither is shot. That's good, right, Mr Councilman.
edit on 11/4/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Anyone notice that it was pepper spray that was used to subdue the killer?

Not sure, he got tasered after the spray so I kinda doubt that did it.
Might have kept him from running away though.
Well handled by everyone.
Citizens can and do make a difference.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Citizens can and do make a difference.

Non-lethally. So can, and do, the police.

This was as good an outcome as could be asked for.

edit on 11/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

You left out good judgement.

Not everyone who carries a gun has it.

Still waiting for you to provide a story about a would be good samaritan accidentally shooting someone to his left instead of the assailant

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

shooting someone to his left
What does that mean?

But I didn't know you had inquired such. Or that I had ever made such a claim.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

shooting someone to his left
What does that mean?

But I didn't know you had inquired such. Or that I had ever made such a claim.

It means exactly what it means.

Usually we don't have to inquire, as you'll typically return moments later with a link.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Usually we don't have to inquire, as you'll typically return moments later with a link.

If I make a claim, that's often the case.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If I make a claim, that's often the case.

Which you did.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You're right. I said everyone who carries a gun does not have good judgement.

Here is a link:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I didn't expect you to be one to move the goal posts.

Lame.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I didn't expect you to be one to move the goal posts.

I said not everyone who carries a gun has good judgement. Was I wrong?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Not everyone or everyone?

Contradicting yourself in back to back posts.

That shooter was an off his rocker lefty, judgement has left the building if you've already snapped.
How many people have used poor judgement and accidentally killed innocent people while trying to stop an armed assailant?

ETA: And before you try and move the goal posts again, I mean regular people. not Cops, not military, not security personnel.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ain't it the truth?

On that we can certainly agree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join