It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OHH the POOR Migrants in the Caravans! Look what their countrymen say about them!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

A F*N MEN!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yes...I understand that.

I may have misunderstood exactly that which you were saying--I thought that your point was that you could "get" refugee status at an embassy or other entity, which we both seem to know is not the case.

However, what is the case is that I don't foresee many of these people fleeing for claimed economic issues being granted any protections by the United States. The guidelines under which these people can claim asylum/refuge are pretty strict and narrow, and from what I've read thus far, they don't really qualify. I'm not an expert nor an approving authority, though, so I guess that we'll just have to wait and see.

Just remember, though, that being processed for a referral for refugee status at an embassy (or other entity) is not guaranteed and is reserved for extreme cases, which is probably why these people have chosen to trek so far to be physically present and apply for asylum in person. From everything that I've read, it's not that easy to seek refuge and be referred for refugee status at an embassy or equivalent. Hell, it's not even that easy to be granted asylum when applying for 'affirmative asylum" (versus 'defensive asylum') in person at a port of entry.

In any event, here's the international legal definition of a refugee (the one adopted by the U.S. for our immigration laws) so that we're on the same page:

... a person who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her home country, and cannot obtain protection in that country, due to past persecution or a well-founded fear of being persecuted in the future “on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.”

American Immigration Council

Like I said, from what I've read, these are not generally the reason for most of these people trekking to inundate our border en masse. Claims of lack of jobs or other opportunity is not reason enough to be granted asylum, which is probably why they haven't sought refuge at any of the embassies or other entities along the way.

They are hoping against hope, and I fear that they will be met with massive, deflating disappointment--but rightful disappointment the same. I don't envy their situation, current or future.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The left don't care that the majority of these "ILLEGAL immigrants" are career criminals...
They don't care that there are barely any children in this caravan...
They don't care that the majority of these "ILLEGAL immigrants" will increase the debt of the U.S. which will leave less money for our own citizens and legal aliens who do need help right here at home...

The left only cares that these "majority CRIMINALS" will vote democrat in the future, and if they were to be allowed in the country they would be counted for the census of whatever Liberal state that receives them, and this gives those democrats more money to spend on these criminals, which also enriches criminal democrats like Pelosi, Waters, etc, who somehow make more money than what they actually make as Senators/representatives...

The democrat leadership doesn't have to see these "majority CRIMINALS" illegals in their multi-millionaire neighborhood. Instead the regular Joes, and Janes will be the ones who will pay for this, and will suffer the increase in crime in their neighborhoods...

Spot on - TRUTH! They should send whatever country they are in Military or LEO (ICE) to grab up women/children and separate those we can help.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm wondering if that's why the proposed the Tri-State split? Which is the act of California splitting into three separate states, in case you didn't know.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I see that now. Must have been an edit he put in cause I don't think that was there when it was first posted. I tend to read what I comment on. Nevertheless, most Californians I know agree with the way they feel.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This Thread is awesome.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
President Trump just announced that he's raising the troop levels to meet these three Caravans coming to Country. 15000 soldiers and 16000 border patrol agents will now secure our Southern border.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did anyone watch the interview of one of the people in the caravan who is seeking asylum to get a pardon for the attempted murder he tried in Honduras?...

I will try to find a video to it.

Here is one of the original videos.

edit on 31-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

And I would ask this again... Is this why Obama closed down the last law allowing Cubans to seek refuge/asylum in the U.S.?...

Cubans flee their government, not only the conditions they have to live, but the fact that the Cuban government does not allow free speech. If you say anything negative about the Cuban regime, and you were born in Cuba, the Cuban regime can put you in jail, there are thugs of the government who beat the crap out of dissidents/protestors daily, you will lose your jobs, which all jobs are through the government, you also lose la libreta, which is how CUbans can buy food legally, if there is any and if you have the money, etc.

There are still many political prisoners which includes human rights activists, Cuban poets, Cuban authors, singers/song writers or anyone else who writes or talks about the need for freedom in Cuba...

The majority of the people in these caravans are not escaping their governments, those who are are doing so for committing crimes. The large majority of these people in the caravans don't have any papers, which makes it impossible to vet them in case their are criminals.

edit on 31-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Neither refugee or asylum status is "easy". You have to show you belong to a oppressed group. "I want a good paying job to send money back home" doesn't and shouldn't qualify anyone for refugee status.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The large majority of these people in the caravans don't have any papers, which makes it impossible to vet them in case their are criminals.

This was the issue in the last influx where the Democrats cried foul and made a huge stink about "locking kids in cages" and the like.

A refusal of certain political ideologies to admit that proper vetting is a necessity is causing much of this divisiveness. That especially includes proving familial or other appropriate relationships between adults and children coming to our border as well.

Unfortunately, I have to presume that we're not far from seeing round two (on steroids) of people screaming about our "racist" and "heartless" president and immigration laws, all while they are wholly ignorant to the laws and the "why" behind certain procedures.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It will be interesting if they try to crash the border like they did in Mexico.
Obviously, those countries such as Mexico cannot simply shoot them.
When they get to the US border, they will meet unyielding defense, military at that.

Shooting little kids in diapers does indeed seem rather extreme doesn't it?

And now for some actual useful information regarding something that can be termed a "conspiracy", regarding the cause for this migration to the US from CA:

edit on 1-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The commentors are saying that there isn't a lack of jobs down there, especially since the last 15+ years due to all the US investment in factories.

Well, whoever made that claim is lying. I am talking about Honduras. An American can get a job there pretty easy but much of the local populace is still scraping by.

After about 1000 comments I got the basic idea but they were often pretty funny and i was en heartened to learn the citizens of Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama, Belize all stand behind Trumps decision and completely agree with turning them away at the border.

Here is the thing, the people of Costa Rica and Panama really don't know a damn thing about Honduras. Hell Costa Ricans(many of them) have it better than us. May as well be two different worlds. El Salvador is pretty rough in their own right, but still safer than Honduras and Belize has a lot of US expats and a pretty good tourist industry.

A lot of Honduras is just plain dangerous. It has been 5 years since I was back there for a dive trip and the main reason is that it no longer safe even in the tourist areas like Roatan and Utila. Tegucigalpa makes Detriot look like Disney land.

Now, I am not claiming the caravan is full of nice people. In fact, I am pretty sure there ARE a lot of criminals mixed in, but I am also sure there are many fleeing the violence just as they claimed because I have been there and I have seen it. For the ones that are actually running from the violence we need to be a compassionate America and for those that are criminals, we need to treat them as criminals.

There is no single answer to this problem. Also, whatever you think about it I assure you that your internet cruising for comments of all of CA isn't informing you on the issue. Hell, I know some Costa Ricans that have never even met a Honduran so even though I am sure there are some that have an opinion on the matter it doesn't mean they have any idea about the actual situation of those people.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin

Yawn. Your anti-immigrant rhetoric is subversive to the Constitution of the United States of America. You can’t preach freedom and then have the cajones to try to deny it.
The caravan and the asylum is going to happen and it will continue to happen. There isn’t # you can do about it, either.
In two years, we’re going to elect a different President and start making laws that offend people like you.
I can’t wait.
Subversive ? You don’t know what you’re talking about ... abd this is nothing but Progressive rhetoric ... in fact it’s the Peogressives who are in bed with the subversive Marxist types like that guy who organized the caravan. Yep he’s Marxist and a foreign subversive.
edit on 1-11-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: pheonix358
It will be interesting if they try to crash the border like they did in Mexico.
Obviously, those countries such as Mexico cannot simply shoot them.
When they get to the US border, they will meet unyielding defense, military at that.

Shooting little kids in diapers does indeed seem rather extreme doesn't it?

And now for some actual useful information regarding something that can be termed a "conspiracy", regarding the cause for this migration to the US from CA:
The military will back up the Border Payrol abd they can take the women and children into custody. The men have weapons among them. These are not innocents, though sone of them might be buts it’s been found that many are criminals ms 13 gang members armed abd even violent.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hebrews 13:2

Do not forget hospitality, for through it some, unknown to themselves, entertained angels.

The woman at 2:53 in the 1st video I linked in my previous comment seems to understand.
edit on 2-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I just heard the Caravan is SUING President Trump. What do they want?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454
Yes.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
You are incorrect. The military does not have jurisdiction to take anyone into custody. As far as gang members go, the good thing about MS-13 Is the amount of tattoos that come with the game. They’re pretty easy to spot.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
While I only support legal immigration in all but the most extreme cases I think it's important for everyone to remember that many of our ancestors in America and in other great countries like Australia were actually criminals sent to penal colonies. There are so many laws on the books in this country that many of us break them unwittingly every day. Harvey Silverglate says we all commit at least 3 a day. Just saying laws do not make some one good or bad, morals and ethics do.
edit on 9-12-2018 by Caughtlurking because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join