It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Terrorist, is a Terrorist, is a Terrorist, Wake up America!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yesterday it was Jews slaughtered at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, In 2015 it was African Americans slaughtered at a Black Church in South Carolina,

and in 2009 an army psychiatrist killed 13 and injured many more of his own fellow soldiers - Supposedly because he had become 'radicalized'

- referring to Muslims.

The fitst two mentioned were just your ordinary American 'Aryan Nation' style hate mongers.

- And of course we should never forget "Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was an American domestic terrorist who perpetrated the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, which killed 168 people and injured over 680 others"

Another 'All American Terrorist'!

Again "A Terrorist, is a Terrorist, is a Terrorist" - Muslim, Christian - From the East or West.

Its time for the government and legal system of the United States to recognize we are at war with an enemy bent on the destruction
of the United States, it's Constitution, and all America stands for.

So stop calling them psychiatric nut jobs - they are terrorist no matter where or why the motivation
and if we don't recognize this - we are the 'nut jobs' !!!

edit on 28-10-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I can't disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

How do you define a terrorist though? Are they motivated by political gain? Why is this idiot not an uneducated mass murderer?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

That's my whole point - Terrorists 'supposedly' always have what they consider to be a legitimate cause

- But a terrorist act really never [ot at least rarely'] can be justified - If you justify one terrorist act,
why not jusify all terrorist acts? - The terrorist always thinks he is motivated by his warped sense of justice.

But let me make it clear that not all political acts of defiance are necessarily terrorism

- When the Colonists who created America dumped tea at the Boston Tea Party, a big act of political defiance,
I would not call that terrorism - But blow up a building and/or kill people - you're a terrorist, a threat to
Civilization no matter what your motivation.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Exactly, the goal posts move and words are redefined.

From now on I'll just call them sick horrible c**** because that's what they are.

But fundamentally there's a difference between a mass murderer and a terrorist, there's a difference between a person who is mentally deficient and a sick C word.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ok...

So going by your definition nearly every military involved in WWII were terrorists since they all purposefully attacked civilian populations and infrastructure.

It's a dangerous road redefining words and none of us are exempt.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

This was my concern. There is a hard line drawn between an act of terrorism and other types of agression. They carry different penalties. We cannot blur the lines in a knee jerk reaction to a terrible act.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hey, wait a second. Are you making the SouthPark "Hate crimes are a savage hypocrisy" arguement? I actually agree with that logic. I just wouldnt blur the lines as it is written into law currently.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Law currently is the problem - It can be used to justify terrorist acts - not to say its giving terrorists a 'a get out of jail free' =card - but.........

Take that shooter some years ago in Colorado who carefully plans and executes a mass murder at a movie theater and
kills.........

From Wikipedia:

"On July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside a Century 16 movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of the film The Dark Knight Rises. Dressed in tactical clothing, James Eagan Holmes set off tear gas grenades and shot into the audience with multiple firearms. Twelve people were killed and seventy others were injured, 58 of them from gunfire. At the time, the attack had the largest number of casualties in one shooting in modern U.S. history,[3] until the Orlando nightclub shooting in 2016 and the Las Vegas shooting in 2017. It was the deadliest shooting in Colorado since the Columbine High School massacre in 1999. Holmes was arrested in his car outside the cinema minutes later. He had earlier rigged his apartment with homemade explosives and incendiary devices, which were defused by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad a day after the shooting..........."

Crazy right? - But there are a lot of crazy people in the World - Most would not go out and kill to satisfy the demons
that drive them.

In the case of the Lss Vegas shooting just last year, I was amazed when the sheriff, a long time law enforcement
officer, got on the local news and kept saying he could not understand why? - I once read a book by an organized
crime figure and I remember his reminiscence of first ending up in prison - He observed most of the crimimials
were 'nut jobs' - not really criminals.

You could say the same thing for most terrorists - And that's the problem

Essentially what I'm saying is if society continues to give insanity as an excuse we are catering to more, and can
expect more, terrorist acts.

We already have laws against 'hate crimes' - Maybe this is not enough

When someone gets on the internet and starts blogging hatred in such a way that it indicates action should
be taken against a person, group of people, political ideology, race, religion, etc.
Maybe it is time to distinguish between 'freedon of speach' and malicious hatred with intent to harm and/or
endanger Human life?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
So, now that we've labeled them..

Now what?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That's a good post, well thought through and concise about the genuine issue today, not just with murder.

Ultimately though there's no measure to say when a person will go wrong, there's no measure to what will make them go wrong. We can curtail and restrict all we want but when someone decides to do wrong then they'll do just that.

Only a small percentage of us are actual psychopaths.

We need to notice each other more too, often enough when someone does something terrible we all gather round and say "never expected that" when the signs are clear with hindsight.

I guess I wouldn't be wrong to say it's a societal issue, it's a family issue and a philosophical one too. We need to treat each other better, now. Because 9/10 the reason a person snaps is due to another person. That applies to groups too though usually ain't nobody dying for a complete stranger. Murder for revenge or honour is basically an eye for an eye... Makes the world blind.

We need to start being human being's and not human's doing. Because at the end of the day I want to live in a free world. I'm sure everyone else does too.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

"We need to start being human being's and not human's doing. Because at the end of the day I want to live in a free world. I'm sure everyone else does too".

Agreed!

So I started a post here awhile back asking if 'hate speech' should be protected?

"Is 'Hate Speech' protected by the Constitution ?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And everyone junps on it - mostly enforce their views that hate speech is protected.

But you see where this is going? - If you feed 'the beast' of hate it grows stronger
- Let the hate mongers rant and rave and expect their profits to kill as a normal way of expression.

I'm for "The Second Amendment" and absolutely believe in freedom of speech and expression.
- But 'hate speech' broadcast over the web should be classified as aberrant, dangerous and ultimately
criminal behavior - like "incite to riot" laws which I believe already exist.

If we continue to protect the rights of hate mongers to poison the minds of others
the freedoms we still have in this country will be lost

edit on 29-10-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

So... your point is that you would like to redefine something based purely on your emotional response to the word???? How old are you, 12?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

So... your point is that you would like to redefine something based purely on your emotional response to the word???? How old are you, 12?

Actually my point is, yes I do sympathise witth people with emotional problems - You know what I mean, don't you?

That's OK, I sympathisze with you - But you're not expressing poor people like me with 12x mentality are inferior
or should be gunned down, are you?

Want to bet I'm older than you? - But genius with you I might have trouble competing.

Tell us your views on domestic terrorists - How would you solve the problem?

"If you're not part of the solution - You're part of the problem"
edit on 29-10-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join