It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Mushrooms Are Closer to Legal Medicinal Use Soon- Research Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Psychedelic Mushrooms Are Closer to Medicinal Use (It’s Not Just Your Imagination)

Disclaimer: This information does not advocate drug use, but rather presenting well documented facts by Legal and reputable sources within the USA, and legally sanctioned by the Federal Government.

For many years I was anti-drug everything, until I started to listen more closely to people online, and people I personally know using medical marijuana for issues like cancer, neurodegenerative, and similar successfully.

I've been hearing the same rumbles with psilocybins, and what's been surfacing lately is a well backed medical research based program that may very well get psilocybins reschedule shortly.

Other names include Shrooms, Magic Mushrooms, and God Flesh.

Researchers from Johns Hopkins University have recommended that psilocybin, the active compound in hallucinogenic mushrooms, be reclassified for medical use, potentially paving the way for the psychedelic drug to one day treat depression and anxiety and help people stop smoking.

The suggestion to reclassify psilocybin from a Schedule I drug, with no known medical benefit, to a Schedule IV drug, which is akin to prescription sleeping pills, was part of a review to assess the safety and abuse of medically administered psilocybin.

Article link - The abuse potential of medical psilocybin according to the 8 factors of
the Controlled Substances Act - Science Digest

Findings of the research that is packed full of research, charts, and stats by legal based sources.

Highlights

• Psilocybin mushrooms have been used for millennia for spiritual and medical purposes.
• Animal and human studies indicate low abuse and no physical dependence potential.
• Major national surveys indicate low rates of abuse, treatment-seeking and harm.
• Psilocybin may provide therapeutic benefits supporting its development as a new drug.
• Analysis supports the scheduling of psilocybin no more restrictively than Schedule IV.

Science Direct PDF Psilocybin Study

(1) psilocybin has an abuse potential appropriate for CSA scheduling if approved as medicine;

(2) psilocybin can provide therapeutic benefits that may support the development of an approvable New Drug Application (NDA) but further studies are required which this review describes;

(3) adverse effects of medical psilocybin are manageable when administered according to risk management approaches; and

(4) although further study is required, this review suggests that placement in Schedule IV may be appropriate if a psilocybin-containing medicine is approved.

Disorder scoring chart

In conclusion, we live in interesting times of people seeking alternative solutions to big pharma, and the programming that has come along with it for many years. Glad to see medical establishments, US Government, and Universities doing their due diligence these days.

edit on 27-10-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Oct 28 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: auto-correct fixes per OP

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There are also groups working towards making it legal in Colorado right now, and they’re getting pretty close. Within the next 5 years I see it being legal there.

Let the healing begin.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I have read many studies about this treatment being used in Europe and they have very good results. I didn’t expect to see this is the US though. If it works then go for it.
I thought about making a thread about this the other day but I was lazy just as most my threads show this. So thank you for making a proper thread on the subject.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I never cared much for shrooms. I suppose the meds will be way more expensive then what nature makes.

Here is some info that I stumbled about in my research. www.researchgate.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't think there has ever been questions that nature has answers to certain ailments.

The problem has always been you can't patents it. Pharma doesn't like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have been watching this play out in the media in the last couple of years ,The slow drip of information that Mushrooms can help with PTSD, Alcohol addiction etc

Now all we need is to get Trump and Putin and Jin pingy wasted at the same table and we will have world peace but maybe sanctions on Munches

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think it's partially from the older generations of politicians and big pharma' agendas.

It's just silly that you could face jail time for wanting to trip out.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Now all we need is to get Trump and Putin and Jin pingy wasted at the same table and we will have world peace but maybe sanctions on Munches

Good lord that’s how you start a nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I feel like they helped make me a less #ty person and more positive about life in general. Wouldn't recommend for everybody without proper research into effects beforehand and supervision and stuff.
They can be terrifying and intense.

On a more general note. Mushrooms and fungi are amazing. They're probably some of the coolest forms of life on the planet. Not quite plants, not quite animals, probably the most prolific form of life on earth apart from microorganisms, just about every forest has mass networks of mycelium that run below connecting trees and plants together passing nutrients and electrical signals.

They can be used for food, to clean oil or even breakdown plastic and of course we have beer because of them.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think it's partially from the older generations of politicians and big pharma' agendas.

That is what they say, true change happens one death at a time. Until the next generation has great enough numbers to force change past the old gatekeepers.

I am really trying not to get my hopes up too much as I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by old gatekeepers. I just wonder that with this change, will the other changes that come along with it be pleasant as well? Some of the things the old gatekeepers protect are beneficial, in my mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Is there any danger of terrifying and intense reactions if micro dosing? Antidepressants are just a weak bandied for myself and several friends and I have been interested in mushrooms for the last year. Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I personally believe in the power of mushrooms

not only can they help you gain a perspective on things and open new neural pathways but they also have a strong magical element to them when used correctly

they can be used to gain vision into things and to see things in a different way

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: dug88

Is there any danger of terrifying and intense reactions if micro dosing? Antidepressants are just a weak bandied for myself and several friends and I have been interested in mushrooms for the last year. Thanks

No micro dosing can be so subtle as to be hardly noticeable, I think the trend started with Silicon Valley types trying to boost their creativity. There is debate on the effectiveness of micro dosing. If we compare it to alcohol you want to drink enough to enjoy the effects but not so much as to make yourself wasted and ruin your evening.
So when trying anything for the first time it is best to start with small doses well below the recommended level, so you can observe how it effects you personally.
Set and setting is very important as is your state of mind.
This site is a great resource with lots of good information.

www.erowid.org

P.s there are numerous ways to alleviate depression mostly to do with lifestyle and understanding your own psychology. Meditation is difficult but worth the effort.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Fun factoid: Psychedelic mushrooms were completely legal in The Netherlands until 2008. There were no problems until the government used the death of two tourists to say they had to be banned. They didn't perform a toxicology report for one of the tourists. In other words, they lied bowing to pressure from the UN and foreign countries.
edit on 28/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Fun factoid: Psychedelic mushrooms were completely legal in The Netherlands until 2008. There were no problems until the government used the death of two tourists to say they had to be banned. They didn't perform a toxicology report for one of the tourists. In other words, they lied bowing to pressure from the UN and foreign countries.

Interesting how the government can do something like this, without the people's vote, yet when something needs to be legalized it takes tons of research, data, and approval from high sources, in the government.

It's also ridiculous how prescription opiates, and alcohol can cause tons of deaths, and easily traceable in a toxicology report, and they don't get banned, same with anti-depressants.

It shows who runs the world, and what the motivation is behind many things.

I hope people come to full awareness one day, and maybe one day we won't need corrupt interventions, and agenda's created by a select few for the many.

Good point, thanks for sharing that bit of information.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Shrooms class A drug, Cannabis also a drug no sure wot class. Both these fight depression anxiety etc, the government make a lot of dough giving us and then treating us of these ailments, they have done for many ages. The capitalist who rule this world have no desire to have you cure yourself of their machinations and further open your mind to that which matters, they have been holding us back for years and now they are being commended for maybe letting us have that which is ours, from our great mother, they should be punished for what they have held back and their lineage should be wiped out as it is infected.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
great book on the topic by Michael pollan -

How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Thank you so very much, this is very reassuring.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join